The Tamarind Village is a great hotel, every corner is beautiful so I took so many pictures just of the grounds! The location is great as well, right in the old city, and to my husband's great joy, near a good coffee chain (Wawee). To MY great joy it was also near the Sunday night market :) When we arrived there were flowers on our bed and lit votive candles-very romantic! The only problem was the mosquitoes in the room, but they were doing an extermination the next day, so I'm assuming it's always a problem during that time of year (end of rainy season).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Otel and Venere so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai