I just returned from Chiang Mai and stayed in Tamarind Village for 10 days. The moment I stepped out of the car into the lush Courtyard with its lovely landscaping, pool and some tasteful pieces of antique furniture I felt right at home. The staff are charming, friendly and efficient in all departments - the design of the houses and rooms are "Colonial style" with local touches yet offering all modern amenities such as wireless Internet throughout the grounds. At night all buildings are attractively lid, adding to the character of this place.
Breakfast is great quality and fresh and attractively presented giving a taste of local specialities and international favorites. I had dinner in the hotel several times because the food was so good and value for money excellent. The staff in the Spa are a delight and I felt it was worth spending a bit more than you would in many of the massage parlors in the streets - for the luxury of the space, the little extras and the way they pamper you.
The hotel is bang in the middle of Old Chiang Mai - you walk no longer than 10-15 minutes to anywhere within the city walls and moat. 20 minutes walk to the Nightmarket. Guests can book airport transfers at taxi rates with the hotel direct and the Guest Relations team is most helpful arranging everything else, from tours to general "things to do".
I can highly recommend Tamarind Village as a relaxing place to stay and enjoy whilst visiting Chiang Mai on leisure or business. Value for money is excellent and I will certainly recommend it to all my friends and business associates - and would like to think I will return one day. Thank you to the entire team and I wish them much success with their lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai