“THE MIGHTY MEKONG CATFISH.” 5 of 5 stars

+66 81 884 7023
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Fish for Mekong Giant catfish at a stocked fishing lake near chiang mai city. Weighing up to 40 kilos. We also operate lure fishing trip for giant snakehead in a river or water reservoir. For more details please visit website
“THE MIGHTY MEKONG CATFISH.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Was having lunch at lemongrass and saw this shop directly beside. Went in to take a look at their big game fishing brochure. Price was reasonable. Decided to go for it and the experience was amazing. A very big thank you to our guides, meaw and Mr.F for this unforgettable experience. The lunch provided was delicious and the other portions great. Plenty of shaded area and chairs to get comfortable. A must go for everyone, I'll definitely be back again to have some fun with the mighty mekong catfish.

Cheers
Fat, Yong and Peng

Visited June 2014

Bangkok
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I bought an afternoon trip to go fishing one hot day in Chiang Mai. Read other places that these cat fish gets even more active when the weather is hot. Where i come from it is hard to imagine good weather and loads of fish at the same time. But no that´s how it works here. My trip started at 1 p.m. and soon I was pulling fish out of the water. First one 9 kg. A small one I was told. Geez! At 3.30 i pulled up a 35 kg. holy smoke what a monster. After a total of 4 hours i had caught more than a 100 kg of fish. Probably more than i caught my whole life so far.

Don´t expect great nature, it is more like a fake lake but as soon as the fish shows up you forget all about.

Visited April 2014
Canberra, Australia
“Great day of fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Ok so I'll start by saying I have visited 7 different fishing parks in phuket, koh samui, Bangkok and now this one in Chiang mai.

This park stood out the most because the best price only 1900 baht, the fishing guides actually show you how to cast and hook the fish (most other parks basically just handyou the rod to pull the fish in). The fishing guides speak english very well and are hilarious, beer is cheap lunch is included what more can you want! If your after Mekong catfish than look no further nicest fishing park with plenty of shade and action all day long.

Cheers boys for a great day

Dusto

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Day of Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had an absolute blast here. The instructor showed us the basics of fishing and helped us with tips along the way. I got a few absolute monsters, the biggest being 35kgs! I choose only the afternoon, and I'm glad I did as it was very hot and I was able to catch about 10 fish in my few hours there. Another perk of this trip was the lake is very close to a Car DYNO and auto shop, which had a Lamborghini, Nissan GTR, and many other modded vehicles. I was able to sit and watch and here multiple cars being tested on the DYNO, and for a car enthusiast it was an amazing experience listening to the Lambo.

Visited May 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
29 attraction reviews
“great fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We booked an afternoon fish.we were picked up from our hotel on time and taken to the stocked lake.
It was a hot afternoon and the fish were biting with the biggest around 30 kg.Great fun and easy to do even for a novice.

Visited May 2014