“Nice guesthouse in good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rustic Guesthouse

You added Rustic Guesthouse to your Saves list
Rustic Guesthouse
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   2/15 Ratchawong Road | Chang Moi, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand   |
“Nice guesthouse in good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here for four nights whilst visiting Chiang Mai and can't complain. The rooms and bathroom were clean and the staff nice and friendly. Stayed in the penthouse which has more stairs than the climb to doi suthep so be careful when booking if you have lots of luggage. The only improvement would be a fridge in the rooms but that may be a personal preference. The hotel is close to the warrot market (2mins walk) the night market (5-10) and the old city entrance to the Sunday market (5-10). If your booking on a budget this is the place to stay, if you want a little more luxury look elsewhere.

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Eric and his team are some of the most compassionate people I've met during my trip. From day one the front desk was giving me recommendations on what I should do, and right before I checked out I met Eric, who sat down with me and thoroughly went over all the things I should do in Chiang Mai during my stay. He then proceeded to make sure I understood that I should always come back to them if I need help with anything, even though I had only stayed there for one night (unfortunately for me, they were booked for the rest of my stay). The rooms and bathrooms are clean, the breakfast was fantastic, and the fact that Eric sat down to talk to me for 30 minutes to talk about where he came from while I waited for my cooking school to pick me up was the icing on top of a great stay. I fully recommend going here above anywhere else in Chiang Mai. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Nick J, Owner at Rustic Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
thank you so much for your feedback. i am glad you enjoy stay at rustic. You still got a couplle of week in chiang mai so have fun and becareful during firework festival. enjoy your gap year and hope to see you again . :)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Rustic is a small boutique guest house with 8 rooms just outside the old city,I stayed here for 3 weeks, definitely one one the best value places for I've stayed at in SE Asia. Rooms are super clean and roomy, the beds are comfortable and best of all the Nick (the owner)and his staff will go out of their way to help you out. Also within 5 mins walk to night bazar. Seems to be fully booked most nights so I'd suggest to get in early if you want to stay here.

Nick J, Owner at Rustic Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
thank you so much for your review :) hope to see you again next time
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights at around 1250 baht per night. Before I start a detailed review I just want to mention that we have travelled extensively in SE Asia and have tried a lot of mid-range accommodation. This is by far the best.

The location is good, it's not exactly in the old city but is only 10-15 minutes walk away depending on your pace ( a tuktuk is only 40-60 baht). The night bazaar is only 5min away. The rooms are tastefully decorated. The beds are awesome. It's the best bed we have had on our travels (although I was woken up twice by guests who came back very late at night and made a bit of noise - the walls are not thin, its just guests who don't consider the time and the noise level). The wifi worked like a dream in our room and in the reception. The breakfast was tasty!

The best part of our stay here was Nick the owner, and the staff. They made an incredible effort to give us advice and make sure we were comfortable. They were helpful, open and very accessible.

We wanted to stay another night but the guesthouse was full, so Nick arranged for us to stay at another place which was also great.

If you are looking for a mid range accommodation, please do come stay here. It will totally enhance your Chiang Mai experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed four nights at the Rustic Guesthouse and it felt like home for that short time.
The owner Nik and his staff make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive and always have time to help you with any questions or just to chat.
The room I stayed in was amazing, especially for the price. Plenty of space with lovely wooden decor throughout. Two complimentary bottles of drinking water were provided every day and breakfast was excellent - I highly reccomend the Thai style fried eggs, I must find it how to make it back home.
Location wise this was perfect for me who prefers to walk around places, from here you could easily walk to the old city, the night market, the river plus a never ending supply of bars, restaurants and clubs. There is a market a stones throw away where you can buy food, clothes and souvineers and a 7 Eleven round the corner if you prefer that.
When I came to leave it was a sad time as I enjoyed it so much, nothing was too much trouble and I would like to thank all the staff for making my time in Chiang Mai even more special.

Nick J, Owner at Rustic Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks Oliver for your feedback :) hope it is not too cold when you are back home . hope to see you again next time
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Rustic was such a lovely guest house the nicest we stayed in on our travels. It felt like a Cosey home as soon as we arrived. Sooooo helpful and friendly and the fried rice breakfast was by far the yummiest fried rice I had in the whole of Thailand - and I had a lot! If you go to Chang mai STAY HERE! Even though its outside the walls it's not a long walk in, or tuk tuk :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nick the manager went out of his way to assist me during my stay at Rustic. He even gave me short tour of the local area on foot so Iknew where to shop. Also walked out to the main street and hailed a song theaw for me. One of thr girls on reception took an item of my clothing needing repair to a local tailor for me. All staff there were friendly and obliging.

Very comfotable bed and nice balcony. Only minor beef was no staff on after 22:00. It was fairly noisy a couple of nights as parents allowed their young girl to run up and down stairs at thebwee hours. Luck of the draw who is staying there I guess.

Room Tip: If your not fit you may not want to stay up on the 3rd floor