“Favorite bar in Chiang Mai” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 25 Nightlife in Chiang Mai
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: A destination spot in the heart of Chiangmai Thailand known for our exciting and delicious specialty drinks, beer pong tournaments, and countless other fun activities.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Favorite bar in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Hands down my favorite bar in Chiang Mai. Staff is incredibly nice and truly appreciates your business. You can play your own music and everyone is super respectful.

Visited April 2014

Ao Nang, Thailand
“What happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was here last year when the owner was Hollywood and it was too much fun every night. The last time I went there however it seemed just like all the other bars on that road. Panicha (the owner now) has a bunch of ladies sitting out front making it feel like and look like another lady bar. Yeah, the beer pong tables are still there but the huge TV they used to have is no more. I wanted one of those blue drinks Hollywood used to make but it wasn't even close and now it's more than twice the price at 700 baht. It's a nice enough looking place but the energy level and atmosphere of the early days went away with Hollywood apparently. It's okay to come and just get a drink but forget about all the craziness that was so much fun last year. It is simply not the same. The place has some good people working there now but Panicha is no Hollywood.

Visited January 2014
Cologne, Germany
“A bar like lots of other bars but with exceptional staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We just stumbled into this bar on election day when most bars were closed (for some reasons the bars are not allowed to open at this day) and it washalf closed, so we got in because it was the only place we found to get a cold beer at night. They have a pool table there and 2 tables for "beer pong" (Hello college students!). We went there with our 12 month old kid and the staff immeadiatly brought us a stroller for the kid so our son could take a nap while we got some drinks. they were all very helpfull with the kid and unlike other bars they didn`t bother us the whole time to get more drinks. The next day the owner of the bar brought her little daughter to the place so the kids had some playtime together. It was my sons first birthday and the next day they got him a gift. when the bar filled up with other people there was good music and party going on. Too bad we had to leave because our little one shouldn`t stay up too long.
And one important thing especially for the ladies: my girlfriend told me that there is the cleanest restroom she went to in chiang mai.

Visited November 2013
victoria
6 attraction reviews
“Beer Pong Champions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We found this place walking to a nearby restaurant and decided to stop on our way back to our hotel for a game of beer pong. Well one game lead to two and then three and before you know it we had the girls that worked there playing with us. They are so friendly and so so good at beer pong! I had such a good time with these girls, I would reccomend anyone who likes beer pong to go!

Visited November 2013
Helensburgh, Australia
“So laid back! Made my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Let me just start off with saying that everyone that works at the playhouse are amazing!! From the first time we went there it felt like we were at home.
It's not a raging nightclub with hundreds of people, which is what I liked best about it. We would go there most nights and have an awesome time playing beer pong and pool. The girls that worked behind the bar would play with us as well (they are so good at it!).
We got so friendly with the staff that they would let us go behind the bar and pour our own drink. I guess that's Thailand for you haha!
I also loved the little kids that would come in trying to sell things. Normally this is annoying but the kids would join in with the games and have fun.
Will definitely be returning to the Play house next time!

Visited July 2013