“Great tailor, great suit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 89 Shopping in Chiang Mai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Ladies & Gents' Custom Tailoring for well-dressed, fashion-conscious people. We specialize in making clothes for wedding parties, businesses, formal and informal occasions.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great tailor, great suit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not the cheapest, but you pay for what you get. These guys do really great suits, the service is quick and professional. I really liked what I got, with good material and honest advice. Plenty of sheisters in this industry. These guys are great and legit. Will use next time I'm in town.

Visited May 2012
M C, Owner at Genesis International Tailors, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. When a customer is satisfied, we feel good about what we do. We are here to make a difference.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Great Tailors, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I used Genesis Tailor to have a suit made and get 3 winter wedding jackets made for our wedding. The Jackets were a phenomenal success and the suit i still use today! The professionalism and service was first class and i have no hesitation recommending them.

Visited May 2012
M C, Owner at Genesis International Tailors, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you, sir, for your kind comment. It was a privilege for us to be able to participate in your wedding by making clothes for you, your bride and her bridesmaids.
“Pushing us to write review before our final fitting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I wanted to get some tailored clothes when we were in chiang mai, and saw reviews for Genesis that were all very good. They were very nice and the free lunch was great. We got our clothes, most of them good, my dress they never really got right. What was really uncomfortable was that the owner pressured us to write a review at the next to last fitting. My husband said maybe we should get the clothes first, but he said: Well, do you have faith and smiled. My husband then said he didn't have an account. And the owner asked him to use his computer to get one. Really awkward since we wanted to keep them happy - we hadn't gotten the clothes yet. So my husband wrote one being nicer than he would. As I'm thinking a lot of these other reviews might be as well. After getting more tailored clothes in Bangkok. We think genesis is overpriced, a little pushy and not as good quality as it should be.

Visited March 2013
M C, Owner at Genesis International Tailors, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thanks for your review.

As far as I can remember, the fitting was done but your clothes needed a bit of tweaking, which we did to your satisfaction. We had asked for a review before the tweaking was done, that is true. But we did not put any pressure. Your husband appeared willing to write it for us.

As far as the pricing is concerned, that is moot. We have one price policy which we followed with every customer, no matter where they are from. We only carry good quality fabrics and do good workmanship We do have promotions from time to time (international buffet lunch we sent you to, is an example) , but we do not change the basic prices of our items. We follow this policy because we consider it to be a fair practice.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Genesis Tailors are awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had a suit made here including a vest and a few shirts. Very professional and friendly service. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Chiang Mai looking for a quality suit in a reasonable amount of time. These guys are the best!

Visited May 2012
M C, Owner at Genesis International Tailors, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. Customers' satisfaction is of paramount importance to us.
Hamburg, Germany
“excellent job combined with a friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

you are looking for a professional dress, a suit o whatever and even you don't have an exactly idea, how it has to look like, go to genesis and they will help and provide you an excellent service! i had only an idea of my dress i needed for the wedding of my brother, and genesis helped me to fix my idea! furthermore they have a wide range of materials, they are really patiently and give they recommendation based on their long experience! excellent service! thank you so much! katha.

Visited March 2013
M C, Owner at Genesis International Tailors, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We trust that you will enjoy wearing the dress we made for your brother's wedding and get many compliments on it!