“Great food and ambiance to match” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 1,359 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: SLOW FOOD- Italian&Thai food, prepare from Italian&Thai couple. Original italian products. Small cozy restaurant. Open from 12:00 for lunch. Last food order c. 3.00 Pm Till 3.30 Pm. Short break from 3.30 Pm till 6 pm. Dinner time from 6 till 10 pm ast food orders c. 9.00 Pm. Closed every Sunday
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and ambiance to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The quirky exterior decoration instantly grabs the attention. Once inside, it is apparent that Simone and his wife have sought to create a charm and intimacy that befits the warmth that they exude. I felt like I was lounging in my living room, whilst waiting to a meal from a very impressive menu. I wasn't disappointed when the food arrived: the omelette was quite possibly the best omelette you can get at the price it was throughout the entire world! It was that good! The fantastic dining experience was complete by the music mix Simone had found on Sound Cloud (Simone, if you read this, please remind me of the Manchester based DJ please! Molto bellissimo!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tokyo, Japan
“A Culinary Highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

A culinary highlight of our recent trip to Chiang Mai was Secret Learning Restaurant, which is located in the heart of the old city in a charming neighborhood near Ratvithi Road. Run by the husband and wife team of Simone and Pui, this Italian/Thai eatery was easily the best that we visited on our trip. The ambiance was laid back and comfortable, and the food was some of the most delicious that we've had the pleasure of eating. Try the lasagne or the green curry -- both are to die for!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“So So”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Supporting with pride that I am of Italian descendants, I love Italian food, and I think it is the most elaborate, complete and flavorful in the world, for this I firmly believe that not everyone is able to cook any kind of recipes.
Two days ago I went to this little restaurant and I immediately realized that there was a strong contrast between the reviews that I read and the setting of the place.
I sat down and I ordered to a nice young boy Simone, I said that I wanted to try the pasta with tomato sauce with basil and Parmesan cheese, but unfortunately I was disappointed at first bite. The tomato was sour (I suggest to add a bit of sugar) and the fresh basil that I asked for never arrived, also the parmesan cheese wasn"t real parmesan but something else that vaguely resembled. Then I tried the fried rice with chicken, which wasn"t bad, but honestly I don"t understand the easy reviews that only confuse readers like me.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Energetic cook with really nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

we are from hongkong and came to this restaurant twice in our five day trip! The pasta is really nice and the salad is so fresh! I definitely will come again!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“You want to be here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Secret Learning is the spot to be while visiting Chiang Mai. A dynamic husband & wife duo providing the best in traditional Italian & original Thai dishes. A friend & I shared a Massaman curry, Pest pasta & the Lasagna, all prepared authentic to the letter. Beautiful atmosphere, enchanting music & great vibe. Very nice, polite, attentive service makes you feel like family as soon as you enter the restaurant. Lounge area, free wifi, conveniently located by many nice guest house in old city. Definitely a pleasant find! Thanks guys & see you next time!