“Very Basic Hostel” 4 of 5 stars

10 Wiang Kaew Rd, Chiang Mai, Thailand   |
4.5 of 5 stars 122 Reviews
“Very Basic Hostel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The stuff is super nice & helpful. The room / dorm is budget, clean and everything provide in basic needs. Just the room's wall is poor of sound proof, you will know what your neighbour room doing in midnight. Bring mosquito repellent if you wish to stay there long time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in a dorm for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. Great location in the old town, right next to the Sunday walking market and north gate. Lovely staff- Boom recommended a great cooking course and visit to elephant sanctuary (baan Chang). It's also a great place to meet others as there is a garden where people sit during the day chatting/reading etc and a bar area for having a few beers when its raining. The onsite massage place is also good and reasonably priced. Very clean but I'm not sure they change the blankets... so take a sleeping bag liner.

• Stayed July 2013
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here roughly a month and I happened to be here almost every day the cleaning lady comes in. I notice they change the sheets but never the blankets. There was a girl who had sex with a random guy a few days ago in ky dorm, the same blanket is there unchanged. I have been sweating constsntly on my blanket, sheet and mattress. I feel sorry for the next person who sleeps on with my sweaty blanket. I think they don't change the blankets because they are so thick and not laundry friendly. My suggestion is they get thin blankets and get rid of thick blankets. Why have thick blankets? This isn't Canadian weather. Makes me want to use my own blanket.

• Stayed May 2013
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at Mojito for a week while in Chiang Mai and had a fabulous time! The staff were very helpful and accommodating, especially Boom. He took me out on his motorbike one morning to show me the local market, and when I finally built up the courage to rent my own bike, he took me on a tour to Tiger Kingdom. I didn't mind staying in the dorm with other people, especially because there were dividers in place for privacy. Food was great as well and you couldn't ask for a better location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A small garden but with pond wher is living stingray. It is quite tame and loves to chat. You shouldn't be afraid of its. Very friendly.
We lived in Basic Twin. It is small cramped house with good ventilation, but but at night it was cool. And a lot of holes through which crept mosquitoes. Thin walls. You can hear everything what about your neighbors talk. Yourself lucky If you do not understand their language)) Almost a feeling that you're sleeping on the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Mojito Garden 2 twice and plan on staying there again when a return in a week! I go back because the rooms are ALWAYS clean, the staff (especially BOOM) are extremely helpful and friendly, and it's close enough to the fun night life but far enough that it has a quiet, peaceful atmosphere. There is a restaurant on sight and has a great selection! Breakfasts are awesome! You can arrange many tours right at the front desk. I purchased my slow boat ticket into Laos and they did everything for me! Cheap price and comfortable amenities!

• Stayed April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hostel was really nice considering that is was only 100Baht per person to stay in one of the dorm rooms. The rooms were really clean, everyone had a locker with a key and their was curtains between the beds for some kind of privacy. You also were given your own towel as well. Just remember though it is a hostel with a mix of people, we did have one night of bad sleep due to some super drunk guy.....but other then that I slept really good. If you don't like to share with people just book ahead and get a private room not a dorm room.

The washroom was located outside in another building. The bathrooms were also clean and the shower was good but mostly cold or barely warm! Also there is a really cute sitting area outside the washroom to relax or socialize with other guest.

They also offer food which was reasonably priced and it was good also. They also have spa packages if you wanted but I personality never tired any of them.

The staff was really nice and helpful. The main guy named "Boom" was soo helpful. He helped us booked our over night trek with elephants and also arranged our flights down to the islands with our ferry included. He was so helpful in the flight booking and made sure we got the best value for the price and checked which days were cheaper and everything for us. We sure kept him busy looking up stuff for us! He also helped get back my friends lost item at the over night trek for us! Also if your looking to go out at night he's totally the guy to party with!

Also the location of the hostel is really nice. It's located in the old Chiang Mai area and it's really quite at night time. Also there's lots of the things you can see around the area just in walking distance. There's a few temples, the women's prison massage and also 7-11.

I would stay there again if I was in Chiang Mia.

Room Tip: Dorm rooms are great for the price but if you don't wanna share book ahead and get a private roo...