Flying Squirrels-The Real Extreme FUN Adventure
299/99 M.2 | T.Mea Hia A.Muang, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
+66 53 278 989-90
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Flying Squirrels is the most exciting new Adventure tour in the Chiang Mai area. It combines ziplines with a series of exhilarating obstacle and challenge elements built high in the treetops. Unlike other similar activities where you are simply dangling from a cable, our tour offers you active participation and much more: FUN and diverse activities that virtually EVERYONE can enjoy. Flying Squirrels might be the most legal FUN you will ever have!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very good fun, Picked us up from guesthouse on time, very punctual. All the guys working here are very friendly, even when some of the other customers are rude. Very keen to talk to you and make conversation, probably just working on their English!! Very happy with the safety and the lunch after was delicious. In reply to the other bad reviews on here I read - if your scared of heights why do zip lining at heights you doughnuts!!

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Singapore, Singapore
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Great for beginners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was looking for my first zip line experience and I read on Trip Advisor about Flying Squirrels which had a very high percentage of excellent reviews so I went ahead to book. The booking process was very easy and they replied very promptly. You will be picked up at the hotel and they can even drive you to the airport after the activity which was what I requested cos I wanted to squeeze in something interesting before I flew off. The course was great fun, especially for beginners cos the zip lines weren't steep so it was easy and you start off with a 40m line which gives you confidence. The next two zip lines were much more interesting and I won't reveal how long they are. Suffice to say they are MUCH longer than the first. But I always felt safe throughout the course and they are very thorough about all safety precautions so major plus point. Kit is a v funny guy and Nu was also very friendly. It is a new company (4 months old) and I don't think many people have tried it yet but I do feel it's really good. I booked the 7am course and in fact I was the only one apparently to be crazy enough to wake up early on a Sun morning! But I definitely enjoyed the very personalized tour (I had 1 driver and 5 guides) and I got to finish the course quite quickly so that gave me time to visit more places in Chiang Mai. Nice home cooked meal with a nice view at the end of the course was a bonus. Definitely a strong recommendation from me :)

Visited February 2013
2 Thank MrLukeLau
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure amongst the tree-tops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went to flying squirrels and we really enjoyed it! There were 18 platforms in the trees and you go around the course from platform to platform. There are zip-lines, rope bridges, abseils, even a bike and skateboard! To finish the course you go down a slide. It was pretty spectacular amongst the tree-tops and we really enjoyed it.

Safety was a huge priority and I felt very safe the whole time (even when I was frightened by the height). All the equipment is new and the guides put a huge focus on safety, which is so important!

Having said that I am quite scared of heights and it was very confronting for me. At one stage, early on I did become very scared and a bit upset just because it was so high, but our guide, I can't quite remember the name, but it was something like Kroeng was really good. He was very comforting and calm and just gently lead me to the edge and talked me through it and he was fantastic. I really appreciated his ability to calm me down and help me though it! It was a great accomplishment for me.

There was also food afterwards and that was yummy, they even catered for vegetarians!

4 Thank Gelley11
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“No respect for my fears”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not recommended if you are not keen on heights! The guides thought it great fun to scare me by pulling on the line when I was on the skateboard so I nearly fell off and when I was walking across the rope bridge they found it hilarious to make the steps swing wildly! I was almost in tears and terrified by the end of the course. All requests to stop scaring me were ignored. I was fine on the zip lines and felt safe and would have been fine on the other parts if the guides had of respected my fear and not intentionally frightened me. My kids (who are not afraid of heights) enjoyed it very much.

13 Thank DLMZ
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We went to flying squirrels to day and we had an amazing time. We were thoroughly looked after by all the team and especially Kip and Co up in the trees! The course is brilliant fun, you will definitely have an adrenaline rush! Obstacles such as the bike, skate board, rope bridge and a small amount of abseiling make this far different to the others and the best! Don't hesitate to come here, its an indulgence but well worth it!

1 Thank SJB161982