“Unique Set up, Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of FWD House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
FWD House
You added FWD House to your Saves list
78 Ratmakka road | Pha Singh, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand   |
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Unique Set up, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in September 2012. Their boxbeds are ingenious. While I shared the room with other travelers, the boxbeds provided some privacy and an illusion that I had a private room. The place is super clean all the damn time! And the owners are the kindest, warmest people I've met in Thailand!

Met awesome people here, too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at FWD house for just a couple of nights in Sep but I have to say it left a big impression on me- all positive. The 2 great things about it are (1) the box beds are as good as people say, you feel you have personal space but still a great hostel vibe, was impressed they're not all packed in close together too (2) the family who run this place are some of the nicest folk you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting. No hard sell, just warm, helpful and kind.

Really happy I stayed here on my Asia travels, the place seems to attract a nice friendly clientele too so you're sure to make friends.

Highly recommended!
Martin from England

• Stayed September 2012
Mollet del Valles, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the moment you arrive you like your home, the hospitality and friendliness of the owners is very good. They helped me in all that I need and are always aware of you. It is very economical and has many services, I would without hesitation.

Pacific Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

FWD house is awesome. The box beds are comfortable and gives you a little more privacy with the same dorm feel. The owners are amazing, very friendly, and welcoming. I even booked a 2 night trek through them and got a free night at the dorm! Good location in the city with a short walk to the night market.If your in Chiang Mai this is the place to stay!

Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

stayed almost 1 week and very kindness staff and owner. good airconditioner and facilities and great advice for short trip in Chiang mai

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for five nights and would have loved to stay longer. The location is great, in the middle of Old Town with anything you need on your doorstep. The box beds are so simple yet so effective, lots of privacy and your own locker, light and power point. The bathrooms are new and there was never a wait, and yes the aircon is only on from 8pm-8am but you shouldn't be spending your holiday in bed!

The staff here are just amazing and anyone staying there will testify to that. Nothing is too big or small. They have a kitchen with a great variety of eastern and western food. They give you a great intro to the city an will mark out the highlights of CM on a map for you, they also offer all kinds of tours, transport and daytrips. I did the Night Safari, Tiger Kingdom, Elephant Nature Park and hired a scooter and they were great in helping to organise these with me.

There is a simple social atmosphere at reception where you will be giving sporadic iced tea as you sit and use the wifi. I also got a free pizza one night, delicious!

Please stay here, you really won't regret it and you'll meet the loveliest family.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

A bit hidden in one of the side streets of 'sunday walking street' we found this hostel. A sign said 'boxbeds' for 150 baht. As we were paying a lot more we had a look and we were impressed. The dorm was cool, clean and quiet and contained around 10 'boxbeds' which give you a lot of privacy. The showers were hot and clean and the design of the whole place is just so modern! But the best part of the hostel is the staff! I can honestly say they are the friendliest people I have ever met. They made us thai specialities every day (for free, just becsuse they wanted us to try) on their small terrace. They just really make you feel at home and I was really touched by their mentality. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. And oh you should book your trips with them as well! They gave us a free night for that. And they have to scooters for rent as well. Just go to FWD house. !!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to FWD House? Share your experiences!