“Fantastic Hostel - Amazing Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of FWD House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
FWD House
You added FWD House to your Saves list
78 Ratmakka road | Pha Singh, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand   |
4.5 of 5 stars 68 Reviews
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hostel - Amazing Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I initially booked for 3 nights and then extended for another two. I've now come back to stay longer and would definitely stay again. The hostel is clean and it's quiet in the night time, the owners are amazing and I've met some really amazing people while I've been staying here. The trips organised by the hostel are fantastic and they cook a great thai green curry too :-) The box beds make the room feel really private so it's not like staying in a usual dorm. There are lockers, towels and drinking water and the location couldn't be better. The owners are just wonderful and I don't think I'd have stayed as long if it hadn't have been for all their kindness and great hospitality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The most amazing owners I've ever met at a hostel. They are extremely nice and helpful, and within three days made me feel like I was staying at a friend's house rather than in a hostel dorm. There were so many thoughtful little gestures or touches that added up to make my stay there a truly wonderful experience. Too many to list, but the food at the restaurant was delicious and there's free wi-fi and water.

It's a 10-bed dorm, but the box beds allow for individual privacy (though bring earplugs if you need them as it's still a dorm). Each bed comes with an individual locker that's the size of a mini-closet, an electrical outlet, and a lamp. The room is air-conditioned at night. The hostel is also clean and a good value for money.

It's not a party hostel, but as of August 2012, there's only one 10-bed dorm and I met some very cool people when I stayed there. I would definitely stay at FWD House again if I'm in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed in the FWD guesthouse in Chiang Mai for 5 nights. I was travelling for more than one month around Asia, mainly in Thailand as a Swiss backpacker. This guesthouse was definitely the best one I've stayed in. You'll just love their bedboxes. Eventhough you are in a room of 10 beds you'll have almost the same privacy as having an own room for you. The beds include a locker with enough space for everything you're carrying with you. And everything is very very clean. The beds are comfortable and clean. The showers and toilets were always clean.
The hotel is run by Win (the young hotel owner) and his wife. These two people are just soo friendly. Maybe the most friendly people I've met in Asia. They care about you and want you to have a good stay in their guesthouse. Win offers you very cheap airport and train station transfer.
When I could I had always breakfast, lunch and dinner at their guesthouse. Their Thai food is delicious. And you should try their Thai Milk Tea.
I also booked some trips with Win. He offers good trips and will try to find the best price for you. He will also tell you if it is a good company or not. Otherwise he will try to find a better company for you. And the location is also perfect.

South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

FWD House is a new hostel and is a credit to Win and his wife Phon. I stayed here for over a week and the owners did everything possible to ensure I had a great visit. When trekking in Chaing Mai, Win allowed my friends and I to leave our bags and belongings with them, after which we returned to FWD house for a few days more. Win also drove me to collect my visa which I was waiting to arrive from Bangkok, which made things so much easier for me! Phon treated us to many milo chocolate drinks and iced water was always served to us, which was lovely in the June heat! The beds set-up give you an element of privacy and the hostel is always cleaned to a high standard. A pool area would complete this little gem! Thanks Win and Phon for a lovely stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I can absolutely recommend this hostel. You stay in box beds and have therefore your own private space in a 10-bed-dorm. The owner - Win - and his wife Phon do everything to make you feel at home. They give you shower caps, slippers and towels for free. You get a waterbottle which you can refill anytime you like. And they served us free desserts, tee and water every evening. The owner is a real nice guy, just opened the very clean hostel in April this year. I would immediately come back to this place if I ever stay in Chiang Mai again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

+ve's - good location, next to walking street, very nice staff, good prices on bicycle rentals, nice beds, clean showers, free shampoo and body wash, staff give out free water and gave us free desserts, staff gave us free rain ponchos, good prices

-ve's on arrival the taxi staff in the train station did not have a clue where it was and had to call up the hostel and ask, however that was sorted very fast, annoying american girl in the dorm who would not shut up

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hey FWD House is probably one of the top 2 or 3 places I have stayed at during the last 2 months of travelling. I spent about 5 or 6 nights here and it has become like a home to me. The owners are really friendly and helpfull, creating almost a family like atmosphere. They also prepare free local snacks every day and provide you with drinks and much more. The rooms and showers are really clean and the idea of having box-beds within the dormitory allows you to basically have your own room within the dorm. Their cooking is also delicous and cheap at the same time. I usually don't eat at hostels, but this was better than any restaurant around.
The experience could not have been better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to FWD House? Share your experiences!