“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Varada Place

You added Varada Place to your Saves list
Varada Place
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Ratchaphruek road., Changpuak, | Muang, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 330 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for 9 nights! At first I was worried about staying in one place for 9 nights straight, however, after checking in, I was glad that I did! I had no regrets at all during the whole duration of my stay.

The rooms are very comfy and clean. They provide towels as well as 2 bottles of water everyday. It is also convenient where you can do your own laundry (coin insert washing machine) and Mrs Varada even kindly loan us hangers to hang our clothes. There is a Thai massage and a tourist information agency right next door too!

Mrs Varada is very very helpful and friendly. We receive no shortage of recommendation on where to go, what to eat and what to do. During check in, Mrs Varada run through the Chiang Mai map with us and let us know where everything is and what to visit. Mrs Varada even help us on both our scooter and car rental! It was just so easy and convenient to get everything done with her and we got one of the best rates too! She also offered to drive us to the night market one day as she had some errands to do and even taught us on how to get back using a tuk tuk and what is the normal charge for it so that we don't get scammed.

It is also one of the few places I have been that has a security guard and a security door in place! The only draw back to this is, if you are having a room on the ground floor (like I did), during the night, you can hear the endless beep of the lock when another guest comes in for the night. Be prepared to be woken up by loud talking guests who return in the dead of night and somehow just decides to have a chat right at the door.

On the last day, as our flight was in the evening, Mrs Varada offered for us to leave our luggage in her office so that we can tour Chiang Mai until it is time for us to leave for the airport! She even help arrange our transportation to the airport.

I would definitely stay here again when i next visit Chiang Mai!

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are near the security door where the beep of the security door when someone en...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your writing with my place . Your group are very easy and relax group .
So anything your group have a good plan that what do you need to do , to go , to eat , to shopping .
I am very appreciate to help your group .
See you next time .
Regards .
Varada Place

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Burgau, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I spen 3 nights in Chiang Mai in November. We stayed at Varada place which represents excellent value. The location is good and you are a 15 minute walk from the old city.

The rooms were very clean with large shower rooms with hot water.

Varada is very helpful and will assist you with your travel needs.

Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you very much . Next time you must stay more days . Have a nice day .
Regards . Varada Place
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I recently stayed there 7 nights, which wasn't initially planned. But I liked the place and found it pleasant (not that the rooms are fancy decorated or so but it's first of all super clean and also the hot shower and the air-condition work) and therefore prolonged from initially 2 days to 6 days to 7 days. Yeah, Mrs. Varada had to be a little flexible with me, first I arrived spontanious and late (but her maids managed it well to check me in, even with their limited English) and then I left for just one night because of a meditation retreat and returned afterwards (late again, but everything was organized that I got my room and luggage back from the security guard). But she could all handle this with a smile. Further she gave me nice tips where to eat and what to visit in the old town and lent me a bicycle free of charge for my whole stay - which I really appreciated, as it is so lovely to cycle through the old town and it's such a quick mean of transport to get from A-B.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
I know you have a confidence for ride a bicycle so I have a bicycle then I offer you to cycling around Chiang Mai . It is better than you walk and save your time . I always asking my customer to cycling

Thank you very much for your coming to my place .
See you next time .
Regard
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

At first, we were very hesitant to stay at Varada Place as it had very few reviews. Initially, we had only 1 night booked with Varada for our 5 day stay in Chiang Mai. However, as soon as we arrived, I knew that I would love to stay at Varada Place for our entire stay, and we ended up canceling our other reservations in Chiang Mai. Here are some of the reasons why Varada Place worked out so well for us:

-Tourist information agency is right next door to Varada Place (as a matter of fact, girl who runs that agency, lives in Varada Place)
-Laundomat is right next door (very fast laundry service with option of ironing your clothes, 30BHT per kilo)
-Thai Massage is right next door, so after a long day of running around & sightseeing you can have a relaxing massage right before bedtime!
-Varada Place is located within a 5 minute walk from the mall that has a post office, bakery, fruits, and a huge food court
-There is a security guard on duty every night
-The front door to the Varada Place has a lock that can only be opened with your key (hence no stranger can enter the guesthouse)
-Our room was cleaned everyday (clean towels, two complementary bottles of water were provided on daily basis)

We arrived very early, and were able to do an early check in (and even if our room wasn't ready, Verada has offered for us to leave our bags safely at her office, so we can go on with our day)

Varada's professionalism has greatly impressed me. She really treats every guest as they are her only guest. As we were checking in, a lady stopped by and mentioned to Varada that the light in her room was too dim. Next thing we know, ALL of the lights were changed on our entire floor. At the end of our stay Varada was so kind that she gave us a ride to the bus terminal to avoid us any hastle going through getting pubic transportation.

We absolutely loved our stay at Chiang Mai, and Varada has made it a great experience for us. Without doubt we will be coming back in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I am very appreciate for your kindness too . Thank you very much for every things that you did for my place . Good luck .
Berlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place beat all of our expectations upon arrival! Great price! The hotel and the rooms are super clean! The location is just perfect! It's near all of the best restaurants, and a block away from the main road that can get you to the square (Center City) or Doi Suthep (A must see in Chiang Mai) in minutes!

The owner, Varada is one of the nicest people we have ever met! She is a real professional and a truly honest person. Upon arrival, she gave us a map and suggested things to see and activities to do in Chiang Mai and the surrounding regions. She also helped us rent a motorcycle and got us a very good deal on it. She also suggested some nice budget restaurants with some real authentic Thai food.

Mrs. Varada, thank you so much for all your help, we really miss you and looking forward to see you in couple years when we come back to Thailand once again!

Serge and Darya,

Room Tip: Feel free to book any rooms, hotel is very clean.
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Than you for your coming to my place . Your couple are very nice to me too . See you next time .
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Me and a friend stayed 3 nights at Varada Place recently. It's got all you want for the price, clean rooms, easy walk into the old town and a very helpful and friendly owner. Varada offered us lots of useful advice about Chang Mai and I'd throughly recommend. The only small downside is at the moment is that there is a bit of work going on outside but that it due to end soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you . You are a man from Ireland but live in London and you have a special laughing that I like it . See you in next time .Varada
BC Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent 3 nights in early November 2013. Check-in was friendly and efficient. Owner Varada was very helpful with any questions we had. Barbara and her friend & travel agent Nuen were of great help in planning tours and getting bus tickets and reservations for us.

Varada P, Owner at Varada Place, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us . See you next time .
Regards
Varada

Been to Varada Place? Share your experiences!