“Generous Hostess” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 60 Blue House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
60 Blue House
You added 60 Blue House to your Saves list
32-34 Ratchaphakinai Rd. | Phra Singh, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand   |
5.0 of 5 stars 54 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
“Generous Hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

60 Bluehouse is very clean, very safe and in a great location in the Old City. The owner, Tao, is generous with her time, her energy and treats (loves to bake)! She is warm and always available to help you sort yourself out; where to go, how to get there etc. Filtered drinking water, tea and fruit are included in price and make you feel at home. There is also a refrigerator to keep some food and bikes for rent. Wonderful for long or short stays. There is also a coffee shop on the premises and Jay makes the best Cappuccino in Chiang Mai! Male friends are welcome in the coffee shop and there is is a lovely outdoor space to sit and enjoy your coffee/tea as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This woman only hostel is a great value in Chang Mai. We had the double room, it is perfect. Spacious and very clean. Free coffee, water and fruit available. Very helpful and friendly owner. Very good location. The colors are bright and it puts you In a great mood to walk of to the city. Great great place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I should start by saying that I travel often and widely and never leave reviews (there just sin't enough time in the day!). But the Blue House is so special I've made an exception because everyone should know this little gem exists and get to enjoy it.

The house itself is attached to a little coffeeshop on the great road and easily walkable to all the sights. There's also an amazing fruit shake shack opposite. The decor is simply beautiful: dark wooden floors, calming colours, wooden desks by the windows, a really nice bathroom and lots of little touches like a place to hang your laundry and a little 'nook' for your toiletries. You also get free herbal teas, coffee, bananas and there's a fridge which is nice if you like to have a late night ice-cream like me!

I stayed in a dorm with a comfy single bed, the linen is soft and impeccably clean (as is the rest of the guesthouse) and the towels provided are big and fluffy. There are only four beds in each room (not bunks) and each has a little desk with it.

I was here finishing up some writing work and so spent a lot of time at the little desks, writing, drinking tea, chatting to the other guests. There was a really homely feeling and Tao the owner is incredibly kind and gracious while letting the guests be independent. She also kindly let me check out in the afternoon when I was catching a night train at no extra cost (frequent travellers will know how rare this is!).

Basically, if you are in Chiang Mai STAY HERE! Chiang Mai is a great town but staying at the Blue House enhanced my visit hugely. I've stayed in everything from boats to bamboo huts to Hiltons and this is by far one of my favourites ever!

Room Tip: Though I usually prefer a private rooms the beds are so far apart, and the rooms all nicely curtaine...
Winschoten, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was looking for a place to sleep in Chiang Mai when I saw this guesthouse. I asked if they had a room for me, and I was welcomed so warmly. The place looked really nice for such a cheap stay. Of course you can get it even cheaper in Chiang Mai, but you do not get the same service, the same level of safety and such a nice place to stay. I really enjoyed my stay in Chiang Mai thanks to among others the people of 60 Blue House.
The owner is very welcoming and really tries to make your stay the best as possible. If you have questions, you can always ask her.
If I would go back to Chiang Mai, I would certainly stay at this place again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed about 1 month. There is very nice place. The host, Tao, is very nice person. Always take care of us and make some cookie and give us. She is very very kind.
And location is good. To Chiang Mai gate It takes less than 5 minutes. But sometime in the night, there is a cocktail truck in front of 60B.H. so little noisy. Without the noisy, It's very nice.
I stayed in dorm. And dorm is very cofortable and clean. Free banana, coffee, tea and water.
And they have booking system. I used traking and cooking school. They discount 10%.
When I go back Chiang Mai, I want to stay again!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place is a breath of fresh air! From my experiences with dorms/hostels across 4 continents, I must say this is the best in terms of value for money, quality, cleanliness and the extra loving touch given by the owner Tao and her staff Jay. I stayed her for 5 nights in the female dorm with my own bed (no uncomfortable and noisy bunk beds here). Tao thinks of everything a traveler would need and much more! It's really a home away from home, that made it extra hard to leave the beautiful city of Chiang Mai. The whole place is very nicely decorated, with cheerful colors and hand-painted designs (done by Tao's husband). In the dorm, I had my own chair, table, drawer, huge locker (fits a suitcase, backpack, hangers, etc.). What made it extra special was the little snack corner (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cereal drinks, and overflowing bananas a.k.a. breakfast every morning). Tao also provides a communal refrigerator which is quite handy if you want to either save a little bit of money in supermarkets or having a cold drink waiting for you at the end of the day. The place was impeccably clean and probably is the first place I was comfortable going barefoot in the shower (which says a lot!)! Other things that made it special was the kindness of Tao, with her small presents of cakes/cookies and her help for nearly anything. I felt so at home here that I was already imagining staying there for a month before I even left. To make this an honest post, some things that could be improved is if the place had a nice hangout area (excluding the chairs with the cafe) for the guests to chill in and mingle. Also there were quite a number of mosquitos, but this was probably due to the carelessness of people leaving the doors open. Other than these two minor things, this place is a steal and will make your stay in Chiang Mai extremely comfortable. Did I mention it is in such a central location? Two blocks away from the Chiang Mai gate food market and area where you can easily take public transportation around the city/train station/airport. It is also a nice walk to the nice cafes, bars and lively night area.

Room Tip: You could choose a single room, but dorm rooms give you the same quality but more probability of mee...
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had stayed here for 3 nights. 1night in double bed room and 2nights in dorm. As you can see the picture above, it's really cozy and nice place.(Actually better than picture, I think. ^^) this guest house run coffee shop as well. Even though I never had a cup of coffee from the coffee shop(Because every morning, free banana and coffee or tea were served. very nice!!), I drank
k free morning coffee on the terrace. I really miss that time.

I could not say about the owner, Tao and staff, Jae.
They are soooooo kind and they will trying to help you all the time.
Tao is really good at speaking English so you might not have any problem to communicate.

It is located nearby Chiangmai Gate and it takes 10 min to walk from Tape gate.
Not really far. But I would recommend you rent a bicycle. If you pay 50baht, you can take a bicycle for 24 hours.

At the end, I want to say that if you find this guest house, you are soooo lucky.
You should stay here. It will be the best memory for you in Chiangmai.♡

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to 60 Blue House? Share your experiences!