“Great teacher” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 208 things to do in Chiang Mai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Noina Art Studio: Art Classes in Chiang Mai : Drawing Course, Painting Course By Noina Artist: ( Basic with pencil, Portrait painting with charcoal powder, Water color, Oil color, Acrylic color.)....Courses: 3 Hours, 10 Hours, 20 Hours : 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, week, or month.....** Previous experience not necessary. ** Everyone can learn. ** Learn in easy stages at times that are convenient for you..... I welcome you to visit my website and my studio at MoonMuang Road, Soi 9, Chiang Mai. I know you will enjoy what you see and hopefully you will be inspired to create your own art.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Brisbane Australia
26 attraction reviews
“Great teacher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I took the 10 hour drawing class with Noina. I had never drawn a portrait before. I used charcol and Noina patiently gave me instructions on how to make it work. She is very talented and is a wonderful teacher I had a lovely time with lots of laughs and in the end I had a drawing that I am very proud of. If you have some spare time whilst in Chiang Mai I would recommend Noinas art studio.

Visited August 2012

“Without art the earth would be just eh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Friendly, funny and ever helpful, Noina is a great teacher and if your interested in taking an art class in chiang Mai then I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Myself and my girlfriend spent three afternoons with Noina we learnt a lot, laughed a lot and ended up going home with some great pieces of art.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Traveling solo and my first time to ChiangMai, I was looking for something different to do there instead of the usual touristy activities. I stumbled upon Noina's art studio on trip advisor, and seeing the many positive comments, decided to give it a go. Arriving uncertain at what to expect, I finished a piece of oil painting within the 3 hour period. (We went over time, yet there was no hurry to push me out the door until I finished!)
The only thing I wished there was more of was coaching, as there was a lot of freedom for me to do whatever I wanted. (That being said, I learned that anything can be fixed in oil painting... even blacks can be erased by white!)
It was a satisfying experience. I'd go back for the pencil sketches the next time I'm there.

Visited June 2012
Lund, Sweden
“Perfect Break in Busy Travels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had a wonderful time with Noina, learning so much even though I am an experienced artist. I spent 10 hours with her and wished I had more time to paint another painting. It was fun and very relaxed. Noina is very talented and allot of fun! Definitely something I recomend!

Visited June 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
21 attraction reviews
“Most Unique Spot in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Noina is very low-key but caring and helpful. I am a complete beginner when it comes to art so I can't speak for those looking to do art at higher levels. Although I suspect even for them, Noina's little makeshift studio (also her home and guesthouse) might be a nice spot to relax for an afternoon and practice their crafts.

I am a part-time resident in Chiang Mai but drop by periodically to practice drawing and painting with Noina. I can't say that I am good, but I am definitely more confident than when I started and in my first day there I completed a nice still painting. I am now working on pencil drawing. If you want to learn to draw with charcoal, something I haven't tried, this is her favorite medium.

In a city full of artists, it is only fitting that tourists get a chance to do the same.

Visited May 2012