“First class service and workmanship!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CM Custom Tailor Chiang Mai

CM Custom Tailor Chiang Mai
212 Rajchapakinai Road | Opposite Wat Chiang Man (Temple), Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
+66866575481
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 89 Shopping in Chiang Mai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: CM Custom Tailor is a bespoke tailor shop in central Chiang Mai. The owner, David Raju has more than 20 years experience and has made bespoke suits, shirts and evening and wedding wear for both locals and international tourists. Having a suit made in Chiang Mai completes the travel experience for visitors to the city. For most it is the first time they have had a tailored suit made. This experience is all part of travelling in Thailand.
Sydney, Australia
“First class service and workmanship!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

CM Tailor is just perfect. I waited till the last minute to get shirts made for my boyfriend (who was back in Australia). Gio Gio told me in detail which measurements he needed to have, and he made two gorgeous shirts in a day! Gio Gio and the other gentlemen of CM are very professional, friendly and polite. Gio Gio explained everything about the tailoring process to me in minute detail - from the differences between materials, to the shirt-making process.. he even suggested colours that would complement my boyfriend's hair/skin colour!
The shirts fit beautifully, and I am SO glad I went to CM. Very reasonable prices, and first class service and workmanship.

fang
“Custom Suit for a Tall guy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had read the reviews online and decided I would take a look at the place. I had called ahead of time and was greeted by friendly staff that were more then happy to help me out. I later went into the business and was fitted for a business suit. David was incredibly nice and helpful. Once the fitting was over I was told to come back 5 hours later to try the mock-up one on. I arrived back 5 hours later to try the jacket and pants on. Time was limited for me since I need to catch the bus at 5:30 and it was now 5:20. They rushed as fast as possible to get me back on time, which was appreciated. As I was leaving they asked if i needed a ride. I stated I was okay and would just run. As I was running down the street they pulled up on their motorcycles and took me and my girlfriend to the bus station just in time to get on our bus.

I went down at a later date to pick up the suit and it looks incredible. Top quality workmanship, with excellent customer service and incredibly friendly owner and staff. I cant say enough about this business and will be ordering more suits internationally once I go back to the US.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“friendly fast service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I came to CM Custom Tailor to get a few shirts done. This was my first experience with a tailor but Joe, Giogio, Chali and Sontose were all very friendly and professional in guiding me through the process. Their attention to detail is outstanding and I'm extremely satisfied with the end product. Fairly priced and alterations are free. I have no qualms in recommending them to other travelers.

Denver, Colorado
“No, Seriously. COME HERE! Can't be beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend Taylor and I went to see David and his crew after reading multiple reviews on Tripadvisor and let me tell you, they were SPOT ON. We came in looking for traditional Thai outfits for valentines day and left with much more, all of the finest quality!

Seriously, dont even bother going anywhere else. It all started with an email to David, the owner. Even via email he was amazing and I knew right away I didn't want to go anywhere else. We told him we were coming in and he had his staff ready to meet us when we arrived. Not only did his staff, consisting of GioGio (SO ADORABLE), Charlie and Santos, take excellent care of us, but David also gave us both a special gift for having emailed and visited him.

So when we came in, we were just looking for some Traditional Thai outfits to make our time in Thailand for valentines day something fun and memorable. Well, they certainly delivered. They showed us the difference in the men's collars between Thai/Chinese/etc and helped Taylor pick out a beautiful fabric. GioGio went into amazing detail as to the differences in quality of fabrics, and exquisite detail on how they make the suit jackets. Once Taylor was taken care of, he decided to also purchase pants, and 4 collared button up shirts, all of which turned out incredible.

I was measured for my dress and GioGio and Charlie helped me pick out a beautiful fabric and matching cloth to make a sash and belt. GioGio not only helped direct what I needed to make it traditional, but he even made a rose decoration to cover the safety pin my sash was held on by.

THEY WERE AWESOME. So awesome that David, the owner, even offered to drive us to the Tiger Kingdom and the airport in his car. (hope you're loving the new Toyota, David!)

The clothes we left were are beautiful and of the highest quality. You can't find a better experience or more caring, detailed people. Visit David and the crew at CM Tailor and you won't be disappointed.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Alterations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited CM custom tailors after finding them on Trip Advisor. I needed some alterations made to a suit I'd had made at another shop a few years ago. The staff were friendly and got the work done on a tight deadline. What's more they did the alterations at no charge. I would definitely recommend CM Custom Tailor, and I intend to go back soon to have some shirts made.