“Best find yet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 1,466 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night Food, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best find yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I wonder if on a Value/Quality for Price basis for Thai food this welcoming little locale can be beaten in Chiang Mai.
Dishes are very well cooked and presented with excellent fresh ingredients and generous portions. So far I've only tasted two since I came across We's two nights back when I had a really rewarding plate of Pork, Pineapple and Cashew nuts Fried Rice. Quite against my normal practice I returned last night and had a Masaman Curry that was up to the same standard. It was also perfect for my timid taste buds. You don't risk a scalding experiience as We will fine tune the level of heat exactly to your request. A wonderful plus in my book.
I can also second what another reviewer remarked about the splendid fruit smoothies. And the fried banana served drizzzled with dark chocolate and fresh or ice cream which I had last night could readily become addictive. So could the restaurant itself.
Besides the quality and amazing value it is also cosy and convivial and wouldn't be out of place on the edge of a fishing village in the South of Spain. And by coincidence on my first visit an Asian lass at a nearby table (as they all are...) picked up a Spanish guitar which sat in the corner and began picking out Romanzo Classico Espanolo.
I'll continue to explore the Chiang Mai offer but know already I'll be an habitue of We's Restaurant. I strongly recommend it to you.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely family run restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We is the owner and chef and she is a wonderful person. Always friendly with a smile on her face and cooking some delicious Thai dishes, with the sticky rice with mango being especially delicious!

There is also the resident dog, Muffy who is a real character. He doesn't beg for food, but he doesn't need to as he seems to get quite of few tid bits from customers!

We also runs Thai cookery classes, which I didn't do, but if she's as good at teaching how to cook Thai food as she is at cooking it herself, it's definitely worth looking at!

Visited April 2014
tasmania
“One of the best meals had in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We read about We's on trip advisor so headed there on our 2nd night in Chiangmai. Unfortunately for us they were closed as it was the Sunday night market, we hadn't thought to phone & check before leaving our hotel. Went back last night 26th June, which unfortunately was our last night here in Chiangmai, if only we'd gone back sooner so we could've returned. Delightful small restaurant in the ground level of their family home. The owner/chef has fantastic English, & happily recommend popular Thai dishes, which were exceptionally tasty & ridiculously cheap, same as drinks. Do yourself a favour & don't leave it to your last night to go so you can the pleasure of returning.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new york
“Delicious, authentic Thai food (for foreigners)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

What We's does, it does right. The food is positively delicious- from the incredible Pad Thai(truly some of the best in the city, if not slightly too acidic- personal preference here), the Masaman curry, the spring rolls- everything is delicious! I find the restaurant to be warm and inviting- they really become super friendly if you try to speak some Thai- so try! The food is extremely reasonably priced, considering the location within the old city. Having lived in Chiang Mai on and off for two years, I find it one of the best values in the city.

While the restaurant is a no-frills affair, it's one of the best, as-close-to-home-cooked meals you can get without lighting the flame yourself.

Hope you enjoy!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great little restaurant, traditional Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

first visited We's restaurant in 2012, I enjoyed her food then and I still do.
Tasty dishes, fresh spring rolls not deep fried. Mango shake one of her specials. Worth a visit.

Visited June 2014