“Not really worth it..” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
3 attraction reviews
“Not really worth it..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

After paying 1950 baht each to drive quad bikes through the jungle, we were pretty excited! As we'd never ridden quadbikes before, we opted for the beginners course as the other courses were specifically not for unexperienced drivers. Upon arriving, we were given a quick tutorial on what was where and then told to drive around a tiny track twice 'to practice'
When we set off, we were specifically told that we'd be driving five minutes down the road and then getting onto the off-road tracks. How wrong that was! We spent the first 45 minutes travelling on the road and then when we stopped at a viewpoint where we were told to walk through the village. We wondered around aimlessly as we couldn't speak to the villagers, not knowing any thai, even though the brochure hinted at a visit to local villages would provide more than a walk down a road and back.. We spent around 15 - 20 minutes off road altogether in our 3 hour trip, and despite there only being three of us in the group, the guide seemed disinterested and more excited about taking photos of himself than saying more than two sentences to us. Worst still, our bikes were not in the greatest condition, I suffered from two flat tires and my girlfriends bike would constantly stall whenever going down hill. Where is all that money going I wonder...
If this trip had cost us below 500 baht, we wouldn't have minded, but the fact that we spent nearly £40 each was completely ridiculous for the experience we got. Unless you're experienced in quad biking, I would never recommend one of these trips, as its just such a let down.

Visited June 2013

Zürich
11 attraction reviews
“Vrooom the jungle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Before heading off to the jungle, we were given instructions by our guide, followed by showing our handling skills on a small trail under his supervision. We did the Tour #2, offroad trip for experienced riders. The tracks were pretty rough, washed-out and with steep climbs. It was great fun to master them. The ATV itself (450 ccm) was in perfect condition and well capable of dealing with a driver and a passenger in any terrain. This was well worth the money, although it seemed a bit pricey at first.

Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
19 attraction reviews
“Badly maintained ATV and not honest service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I though it would be nice to ride an ATV. We got 1 to share.

We did the beginners ride which was quite expensive to be a driver and being the passenger is almost equivalent to the price of a driver (almost 3000 baht for two after haggling with agent).

The description of the pamphlet read they provide drinks and it's 50% on road and 50% off-road around the mountain and drinks provided.

When we got to ride it you can see straight away the ATV are poorly maintained and very old.

We were told when we get half-way we can chose to do more bumpy off-road stuff (an extra 300 baht!) or just on the road to do sight-seeing stuff (no extra cost).. this would be a group decision with the people you're with as there is only one guide..

Never at all did it mention on the ad extra 300 baht for that "50% off-road" experience.

The poor lady infront of us had a really bad ATV that was very smokey from the exhaust and broke down. When they replaced it, it was just as smokey!

The guide told me that this is the "first time it has happened". He shouldn't say that because obviously it isn't the first time according to some reviewers!

The water that was never provided to us was used to cool down the broken ATV...

At the end you can buy a photo of you on the ATV with a cute elephant frame for 150 baht..

The good thing I can say about this company is they pick you up from your accommodation and take you back. We get to look at the mountains and where the mongolians lived. Some sight-seeing stop over where you can also get yourself drinks and snacks.

Going down hill was fun but I did fear for my life a bit because of how poorly maintained the ATV was and you can't over use the brakes so keep your distance when going down hills (especially when you have a passenger). And as promised the ride lasted 3 hours.

Talked to 2 guys who did the advance ATV stuff and they had a lot of fun but I don't think I will come back to this company again unless I see better maintained ATVs..

Visited February 2013
Israel
“Very dangerous. we crashed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Beginner tour is not a beginner tour at all. we were 2 beginners who never drove an ATV before.
first we rode on 2 different vehicles and on the first 15 minutes of the trip , my friend crashed his ATV into a tree.
he was okay but he wanted to continue riding with me on my ATV.
The trip was mostly on the road which is very sloppy and full of cars.
our ATV car was in very bad condition - it was off-balance and very not stable. we could see it passed a few crashed before , also oil was leaking on my foot.
On some part of the trip, on a decline in an asphalt road, we lost the brakes.
With no way of stopping, we crashed at something like 80km/h on another ATV car and got injured.
I was taken to a hospital (a government hospital - my guess that they arranged it cause its cheaper for their insurance), and i was taken care of.
The next days of my trip was awful - full of pain and misrry.
On that same day in the hospital - the company's manager accused me of the crash - she said i hit the brakes too hard and for a long period of time.
Also, she insisted we pay for the ATV damage.
It's a complete shame and i believe they will continue to treat their ATVs poorly.

Overall, i decided i would share my experience.
please, do yourself a favor and dont go ATV in Thailand. or please, do so in a more safe enviorment.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
14 attraction reviews
“Beginner tour a complete waste of time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

95% of the beginner tour is a ride on a very pristine main road, in fact one of the best roads I've ever been on in Thailand.

Riding on proper roads is incredibly boring on an ATV. It would have actually been fun if we just had scooters!

So here's my advice, JUST RENT A SCOOTER for 200 baht, ride the scooter to ATV - Chiang Mai Tours, and then just drive past into the mountains and you'll save yourself 1750 baht and have WAY more fun doing it.

We weren't offered snacks or drinks, although that was in the package the agent showed us. We actually had to buy our drinks from locals. And the ATVs were in poor shape, spewing thick clouds of oil.

Visited February 2013