“MOUNTAIN BIKING NEAR CHIANG MAI” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 333 Activities in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: SpiceRoads Cycle Tours believes seeing the world by bicycle is the best way to travel. SpiceRoads has a range of short tours that it runs out of it's Chiang Mai base. These include daily half-day tours of Chiang Mai and full day tours of the surrounding countryside. SpiceRoads has tours suitable for all abilities.
saigon
“MOUNTAIN BIKING NEAR CHIANG MAI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Did 2 days of off road rides with Spiceroads - the routes were fabulous, really got off the beaten track, and took in some superb views and great riding. Guides & drivers could not have been more courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. I booked it all at the last minute, but they still managed to put together an itinerary at short notice, and everything was done very professionally

Visited February 2013

Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“best service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I can’t speak highly enough of Spice Road and the team in Chiang Mai. We did their ride then rafting trip then I hired a bike from them for a longer ride by myself.
On the ride and raft trip it was just my wife and I on the trip so the guides were able to accommodate the length and difficulty of the ride to suit us. The ride component was a modest 18-20km and along slightly rising dirt roads, there were no big hills on the route that we went. The rafting appears to be subcontracted out to another company. The water levels were low making the rapids more technical. The company running the rafting was well equipped and experienced. All in all a good day.
Following this I wanted to do a longer road ride but as there was no other bookings Damien hired me a brand new roadie (Trek 2.0), which he put a larger rear cluster on and also provided me with maps, spares, directions, helmet, even a top from his personal wardrobe. The service was above and beyond what a normal bike hire place would do. I did the 100km Someang Loop, I would suggest leaving early in the morning to avoid the heat and some of the traffic. The main road in and out of Chiang Mai can be busy and polluted but once you turn off this the road is a lot less busy and the scenery worth the ride. There were a couple of descent sized hills but nothing too bad (see mention of big rear cluster from before). So if you are like me a weekend warrior cyclist looking for a longer ride either book in for the Someang Loop ride that Spice Road offer or go it alone. I took with me my own SPD shoes and Spice Road were able to fit some SPD peddles (might pay to check before hand if they have some spare).

Visited January 2013
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Chiang Rai Golden Triangle cycle tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent cycle tour taking in the interesting sights to the north of Chiang Rai. The biking was adjusted to our abilities and made slightly longer which suited us coming straight from the Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai trip. Interesting scenery and visits to the Opium Museum and Temples. Some of the accommodation was fabulous including the Eco Village Project - you simply wouldn't see places like that on a standard sight seeing tour.

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai Cycle Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Yet another fantastic cycle tour with Spice Roads! This is our 9th cycle tour and this was a little shorter than others we have been on.
Accommodation and choice of restaurants/ food was excellent. The guide Win and the drivers/ bike mechanics Sak and Pong were very attentive - nothing too much trouble.
Plenty of snacks and drink for the roadside stops and water for the camel backs. If anything it was too short but Win extended a couple of the days rides to suit our abilities.
The company of other bikers was again excellent and we made new friends - as we always do on these trips.
Well done again Spice Roads.

Livingston, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
“One Day Wonder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Chinag Mai Highlights Half Day Touir.
Nice early start from our Hotel, we were the only one's on the tour so really felt special. Our guide was absolutely brilliant, he totally knew that area, was great at encouraging and pointing out "photo opportunities" giving us some of the best holiday photo's we have. His insight was great and again told us some fascinating facts about the area. Riding pace was good and would recommend to anyone.No food stop as only a half day but plenty of water and snack stops as we went around. ( Try the deep fried crickets. )

Visited October 2012