“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Top Garden Boutique Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Top Garden Boutique Guesthouse
You added Top Garden Boutique Guesthouse to your Saves list
13 Chaiyapoom Road soi 1 | Sriphoom, Chiang Mai, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 502 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just got back from 8 nights at Top Garden, we were met by a lovely lady by the name of 'Nok' who was in charge when we arrived, and was shown to our lovely clean room with ensuite. later that day we met the lovley Thunya (Victor was overseas at the time) Thunya was full of information and was able to assist with many things.

Just as everyone has stated before this is well worth a visit just for the location and cleanliness, but over and above that we found the both Nok and Thunya to be so friendly and helpfull.

We were there with another couple of families, one lady got quite sick, one night we were wanting to go out to the markets but didn't want to leave our friend, Thunya to the rescue! when she heard that the lady was sick she offered to look afer her for us and told us not to worry as she would take care of her, Thunya gave here some medicine and rice water to help her stomach... the next day all was well but Thunya gave here some more rice water and made sure our friend had enough medicine 'just in case'

You can't get better service then that... a big THANK YOU THANYA!

sure this guest house is a little noisy at times due to the busy little laneway it is on, the dog barks down the road but all in all a very nice place to stay and well worth a stay. the food was great just up the road and the lovely lady across the street who did our laundry was fun, as were the ladies in the massage place opposite the little restaurant we visited many times just 3 doors up from the top garden.

Thanya recomended a little restaurant about 5 mins walk away for our evening meal called 'Chit Thai' the food was beautiful and it was so cheap, my wife and I had a meal and a soft drink each and the total bill was less then 2 cups of coffee back home, can't beat that!

Thanks again Thunya and Nok for making us feel welcome and ensuring we had a good time.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back if you are a light sleeper - less noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all I would like to say thank you to the owners as they were lovely! Victor is a great guy with a lot of knowledge of the local area, and his wife is so helpful - she could not do enough for us (I felt bad so did some washing up for her one morning!). If we wanted to go somewhere, they would arrange it: If we wanted something new to do, they would give us a dozen ideas.

Whilst the guesthouse is on a side street, it is a short walk from the inner city. We were able to visit the temples and street markets very easily. It is also very near the nightly food markets which I loved. In fact, I would also highly recommend the night market for the vast array of food, flowers... and also the singing policeman!

The beds are a little hard, but the rooms are very clean and actually our double room was actually quite large. There is a table on the upper floor balcony, where I loved having breakfast. They do not serve food, but we bought fruit in the night markets (lovely strawberries, passion fruit and mangosteen) to have in the mornings.

It's now 8 months on, and I do still miss the place, and Chaing Mai. I hope to visit Top Garden again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper foor. It's best for having breakfast on the balcony
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Clean rooms,convenient location and friendly host. For the price I pay, its worth every cents. Its walking distance to the night market and if you are hungry after your daily excursion, street food is just round the corners

Room Tip: take the bigger rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We unfortunately only stayed for a single night but the owners were so kind, they helped us find another place to stay because they were full the next day. And they helped arrange a driver for us for a trip around Chiang Mai province, she was great! Good English, safe driver and very friendly :)

The rooms are very good value - nice beds, quiet area, and lovely bathrooms, and they recommended a great place for breakfast too.

Overall, the owners went above and beyond what I expect from a guesthouse, particular for one night and as a walk-in with no reservations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

All i can say about this place is, its make me feel like home. The owner, Thunya was really nice and helpful when getting there giving us a rundown of where we should go, and how to get there. The location is perfect, the old city and lots of nice restaurants are just within walking distance. The communal areas are well decorated, airy, spacious and clean. Stayed in the deluxe room, the room was large & clean. The wifi connection is good.
The owner & the staff and the atmosphere really make this feel like a home away from home, we were certainly made to feel like a member of the family, which you don't often get at many guest house, even if you stay there longer than a few days. Really good value for the price and a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I with my friend staying 3 nite, the owner is friendly and patient~we can't find the guest house, she is very patient explain the direction about 15min through the hp, ofcouse we still lost, she arrange a tuk tuk to pick us, ofcoz need to paid(40bath) haha,happy that she is find a way to solve our problem.
I'm bargain few time to torture her, but she still ans no with smile, haha, but double bed room(2nd floor) i get really value for money, cleaner than my own room haha,sweet sleep every nite, hoohoo~ just advise light sleeper can take 3rd floor, bcoz sometime i can hear ppl walk from 3rd floor,but is ok for me,normally turn to quiet after their sleep.
I had bother her a lot on my last day, help me collect my cloth from laundry at opposite, i keep changing my plan, but she is concern n try to help me, don't feel any negative emotion from her, she try to offer me a room, I really like to but I can't haha,last day in rush no chance to say thank to you. Madam thunya and all staff, thank you very much, wish your happy everyday 

• Stayed September 2012
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Top Garden has neatly kept rooms with all the amenities you need (T.V./cable/mini fridge/good AC/hot shower). For an extra 50 baht we increased our room size quite a bit. But the two rooms we stayed in both had the shower/toilet combo, not a big fan personally.

The owners are extremely helpful and always ensure you are happy and getting the information you need. They have a variety of tours available but don't try to push any of them on you.

The location is good, not great. Nice restaurants close by but a bit of a walk if your looking to hit the bars (10 minutes).

Room Tip: If your room seems a little cramp, ask about upgrading. We got a bit more space for an additional 5...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Top Garden Boutique Guesthouse? Share your experiences!