“Flavourless” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Giva Organic Vegan Raw Food & Drink

Giva Organic Vegan Raw Food & Drink
Tapae Soi 1, Loi Khor Road | across from D2 Hotel, down 50 meters, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 1,359 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Vegan, Organic
Dining options: Dessert
Description: Look for Tha-pae or Loi-khor Road and Tha-pae lane 1 or soi 1 Giva raw foods & drinks cafe' Open Mon-Sat from 11.30 AM-9.00 PMClosed Sunday/ Call in advance would be beneficial especially come in group
Wellington
“Flavourless”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went there because of all the good reviews in Trip Advisor. I tried ordering the eggplant lasagne, to which the owner told me it would take too long to make. Then my wife tried ordering the spaghetti with tomato sauce, to which the owner said no too. We finally settled for the walnut sushi and the carbonara and pesto pastas.

The sushi was ok, pretty average. My pesto pasta tasted like ...zucchini. My wife's carbonara pasta tasted like... zucchini too. There was absolutely no flavour in them, to the point where we both left more than half the plate untouched.

I'm not sure if I would recommend this place to anyone who is NOT a raw vegan, as if you eat even vegetarian you'll be used to a little thing called FLAVOUR.

Very, very disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
okhemsiri, Owner at Giva Organic Vegan Raw Food & Drink, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Giva raw foods are provide to promote human health.Ours ingredients are all natural. No sugar or MSG.less salt.People who're used to traditional foods might not be able to flavor ours foods.Cafe can be busy sometime, call in advance to make sure you'll get what you expect.

Chiang Mai
“Be green and be healthy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

That was so nice to know that nowadays we can have this kind of restaurants. We were two of us and we really enjoyed the meal. Sushi was fantastic! Juices were unbelievable! So happy that we live in Chang Mai and can return as much as we want!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Cute and lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The food is very high quality, everything is freshly made to order, and a massive amount of care and righteousness goes into this food.
There was nobody there when I went. The space is not in a good location, but it is worth going out of your way for sure! If you can appreciate fresh sushi and the freshest everything, please go.
Very nice owner also.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Something different. Very nice. Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a snack and some juice.
Very different style of food. Fantastic to have something healthy and nuturicious.
It's raw healthy yummie clean food and the owner is a nice guy.
I wish I could get this food at home.
It really is worth a visit if your looking for some raw vegan food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, WA
“Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I took a cooking class here today and the food was fantastic. The owner speaks excellent English and obviously loves what he is doing. His teaching style is great, the food is delicious and oh so healthy! I'm so glad my friend told me about this class and took it with me. The pesto pasta (zucchini) was delicious, the walnut sushi was excellent, and I'm going back tomorrow for the strawberry pie which is cooling in the freezer. We tried all the components of the pie and I'm sure it is going to be scrumptious!

• Visited February 2013