“We visited La Terrasse two nights in a row” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Pattaya, Thailand
“We visited La Terrasse two nights in a row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We visited La Terrasse two nights in a row. That says enough I guess. It was wonderful.

The setting is simple, but cosy. The food is very French - what I like. I really loved the steak with foie gras sauce.

The service is very friendly. From the waiters as well as from the owner. When we left it was raining. The owner just gave us an umbrella. A very nice gesture.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
“Cosy Gem in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It may not be the one if you are looking for Michelin experience.
But the cosy environment and friendly staff would definitely bring you good memory.
The food is good as well.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice French Restaurant in Chiang Mai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was very satisfied with this restaurant. The duck pate was amazing. The steak and pork chop were both excellent. The "foie gras gravy" was good but mostly butter and not as nice as I was expecting. The mustard sauce with the pork chop was very nice. The mashed potatoes were good but a tad boring - I wish I had requested fried potatoes instead as they looked quite nice. Both desserts we ordered were also top notch. . The restaurant is small and the inside tables are a little cramped. The deck looked more comfortable but also not a good view as it's just in an alley. Two people with 2 appetizers, 2 mains, 2 desserts, a 500ml carafe of wine and 2 espresso came to about 2500 baht, which I thought was very reasonable.

Visited October 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Could have been perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ordered online for delivery so I won't comment on the restaurant itself.

I ordered and received the beef filet with fried potatoes in duck fat with the pepper sauce. The sauce is very good, next texture, like when the sauce is actually a sauce and not colored water. The potatoes in duck fat were very nice indeed. With small bits of lard or was it duck... was fine either way.

Where I say it could have been perfect is I ordered my filet medium rare. It was rare borderline raw. I could see they putted it on the fire turned it over for a second or two and that was pretty much it. I had to get the pan out and recook it myself which is a pain having opened everything up, potatoes and sauce slowly getting colder on the table and having more dishes to clean after dinner.

That said, I gave a 4 because portion was right on, price is very fair and the side / sauce / quality of the meat were great. I probably will go and eat there in the near future.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“French cuisine at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great and authentic French cuisine with a very charming and relaxing atmosphere. The service is professional and the staff attentive. Excellent selection of wines and the menu is quite large and diversified. I particularly recommend the cold cut platters, beef bavette, or coq au vin. We went to the restaurant with my wife and kids during our last stay in Chiang Mai and we really had a wonderful dining experience.

Highly recommended and looking forward to going back!!!

• Visited September 2013