Our stay at BanBooLOo was wonderful. I would highly recommend staying here for a variety of reasons.
1) The traditional Thai buildings and grounds help ground you in a Thai context - something I'm always looking for on my travels. This is definitely not a resort, so if you're looking for that, this might not be the place for you. The design of the buildings encourage natural air flow (open air bathrooms) and natural light. Yes some mosquitos might get in, but BanBooLOo has a great all-natural mosquito repellent at your disposal.
2) I love the attention to detail on the grounds. From the architecture, the bedding, the lounge area, wood-carved statues, plants and flowers (!!!), the communal eating area, and I especially appreciate the handmade soaps, shampoos, and conditioners.
3) Their eco-friendly design regarding water usage (with shower and sink water running back into the gardens), is special and reflects their attention to ethical practice.
4) Adi and the team are incredibly friendly, warm, and their welcome to Chaing Mai was very grounding. We had been in Bangkok for 2 days and our guest house did not 'sit down with us' the way Adi did upon our arrival. He gave us a map, went through points of interest, and gave us a great tour of the family-style facilities at our disposal.
We were at BanBooLOo during peak time and our trip to Thailand was a bit last-minute. Due to occupancy at the time, we had to switch rooms a couple of times - something that might not work for some, but we're flexible, loved the feel of BanBooLOo, and we went with it. Overall, we weren't able to get as settled as we would have liked, but when we come back to Chaing Mai, we will definitely stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Baanbooloo Traditional Thai Guest House Hotel Chiang Mai
- Baanbooloo Traditional Thai Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A rare Thai traditional teak style house with adjacent small villas which acts as a guesthouse or can be booked as a private holiday home from 1 to 22 guests maximum. A unique residence, resplendent and charming on 3.5M high stilts and hidden right in the heart of old community of Chiang Mai old town, BaanBooLOo is surrounded by temples and authentic Thai life, with great balconies and a tropical herb garden - dragonflies - butterflies - chameleons - frogs - tropical flora. This is truly the place to experience Thai life at its best without a formal hotel atmosphere but close to major tourist highlights in Chiang Mai and a couple minutes walk to the world famous Sunday Walking Street Market. We would ideally like all visitors to be immersed in Thai culture and life whilst you of course also enjoy your privacy at BaanBooLOo. Please note that this is not a luxury 5 star accommodation, nor is it a hotel in the classical sense. This is a Thai rustic chic farmer style; lots of chunky wood, Thai fabrics and furnishings, fresh air in a big city, quality food, ambiance and attentive hosts offering family style welcome. Guests are invited to mingle at breakfast, dinner etc. There are cats and chickens in the farm like gardens. Please read some reviews to get a good idea before booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your BaanBooLOo Traditional Thai Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.