“consistently delicious” 5 of 5 stars

119/1 Kampangdin Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Improve this listing
Ranked #454 of 1,288 restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Description: We found out about this place from brochure printed about dining in Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“consistently delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I am a regular here, non vegetarian, but I just love the food here. The service is great, the surroundings are beautiful, and the staff a really nice. It's slow food and a laid back atmosphere. The food is consistently excellent, really tasty, nutritious and prepared well. I recommend this place highly of all vegetarian restaurants in CM.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Berlin
“Diarrhea ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Don't go there. I was here the first time and It is the first time that I had a really bad diarrhea in Thailand after month. After I told a friend, He said that he had the same after eating there. The food was tasty so..

All Over The Place :)
“Top Quality Healthy Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I love this place. The quality is exceptional, the food is tasty and unique. I want to hire this chef! The food is consistently great - not something I can say for any of the other places I eat in Chiang Mai on a regular basis. My favorites are the squash soup and the brown rice salad, -- but then there's the grilled tofu with fresh carrots and the super-fresh high-quality salads. Whoever the chef is at Tianzi please come and work for me! :)

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Relaxing Veggie delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Tea house was peaceful & serene with beautiful plants & comfortable seating (lounge pads). Per the other reviews-- it is a bit buggy, but shouldn't deter you as it's worth a visit.

We started with the Orchid Tea - pretty nice. And , we tried to order the vegetable dumplings & Papaya salad, but they were out.. Fail.

So, we ordered the Root Beet Salad, hash browns, spiced lentils & brown noodles with vegetables.

Beet salad was refreshing.
Hash browns were nice, but quite oily.
Spiced lentils were delicious with finely minced finger.
Brown noodles were awesome.

If we were to visit again I'd like to try the traditional tea ceremony & the veggie dumplings.

Overall, a tasty experience.

London, United Kingdom
“Veggie nirvana in Chiang Mai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We've just come back from a wonderful dinner at Tianzi this evening. We arrived late (9.25pm - it closes at 10pm) so had the place to ourselves. We sat outside, on the raised platform in the garden - underneath a roof supported by four sturdy posts. Drip drops of rain and dark verdant plants surrounding us as we sat at the low table and awaited our food. It felt like being in a film set for a Tranh Anh Hung or Wong Kar Wai film.

Tianzi is an excellent place to try unusual teas - we tried a 15 year old puerh tea from Yunnan province in China (supposed to have excellent health benefits). The food was a marvel - supremely tasty Thai soup, two huge blocks of tofu marinaded in a thick miso glaze, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms accompanied by a gorgeous paste made from tahini and miso. For dessert, we had gluten free pancakes seared with honey. We're planning to go back tomorrow.

If you are vegetarian/vegan, you owe it to yourselves to go to Tianzi if you're planning a trip to Chiang Mai.

• Visited September 2013