1. After a harsh one day tour to Chiang Rai , I got out of Chiang Mai at 7 am and back at Chiang Mai at 9 pm and change to this hotel.Hotel nearby has no 7-11 or little cafe or restaurant after 9:30pm. Then, I asked for the front desk, they just said that hotel restaurant will be close soon...try to go there and eat quickly. Food in this hotel is good.
2. I was coughing and asked for bottle water in room temperature in the hotel restaurant ..NO ICE water....but the waiter is dreaming.....I repeated my order of water and food by pointing to the menu...he still seems dreaming....finally he opened a COLD bottle water for me....I ate fast...but seems it is nearly to their closing time, they started to took away my dishes very quickly and prepare the bill for me....
3. When I get back to my room, I started to take all my things out and prepare for a shower, suddenly my back got wet ! The air conditioning is dripping water like raining ! I called upon the front desk, they sent someone to my room, and say...they can't fix it.Then, they switched me from room 203,a bigger room to room 305…which got the mattress on the floor and I needed to kneel down for opening my languages which is really annoying !
4. I asked to call for a taxi to Mandarin Hotel for dinner, they quoteme the prices is 300 bahts and which Mandarin Hotel just quote me at 200 bahts....
5. My previous guest house is just around HK $ 220/ night in Chiang Mai which I stayed for 2 nights is much better than this hotel which cost me over HK$ 650/night !
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear a lovely guest,
Report response as inappropriate
Sorry for you bad experience here. The waiter that took your order is a new guy and his English is very poor. Actually he came here as a bus boy and not supposed to taking any orders. This is our poor restaurant management that the restaurant's supervisor were not there at the time. The new guy now is out for his lack of ability to meet our services standard. For the room, there's sometimes has a problem and our receptionists work quickly to solve the problem; however, we have 2 room styles, one with the lifted wooden floor and one with standard floor, you might not like the one with lifted wooden floor and we are so sorry for that. Actually if you don't like the room you were moved in, you could ask for the new room and our receptionists will certainly make your request comes true. Our hotel location is not really far from 7-11. It's about 150 metre or so from the hotel to 7-11. However, at that time our receptionists wanted to recommend you to try our food and it was better for you to get a real fresh food rather than get a frozen or junk food from 7-11. We are so sorry for what made you feel really bad about our services and property. We will definitely keep up in improving our services to serve all guests at our best.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.