“Always choose this when arrive Ching Mai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Furama Chiang Mai

Save Saved
You added Furama Chiang Mai to your Saves list
Furama Chiang Mai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Huay Keaw Road | Tambol Chang Puak, Muang, (formerly Grand Heritage Hotel), Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand   |
Ranked #127 of 330 hotels in Chiang Mai
“Always choose this when arrive Ching Mai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

It's located on highway and huay kaew road that easy to hide away from hard traffic. The room is very big with a small kitchen, standard bedroom and bathroom, the price is acceptable, ABF is good quality. I always choose furama when stay ar Chiang Mai. Don't miss dinner at Xanadu restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013
Chaiwat S, Front Office Manager at Furama Chiang Mai, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Wichar W,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay at Furama Hotel Chiang Mai .

We glad to hear that you happy with the decorative style of our hotel, enjoy with our breakfast and in particular the dinner at Xanadu Restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a nice stay in this hotel. The staffs were friendly and help us out in all possible ways.The room was good and very clean.The hotel though now shows it's age from the outer looks, toilet and from the balconies.But my stay in Furama was great and had no problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear justin 1,

Thank you for the time you dedicated to write a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay at Furama Hotel Chiangmai .We are very proud and glad to read your feedback, it gives us great encouragement to work a lot.

We promise that we will maintain a high standard of service of our hotel with us forever. Finally, we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked a Deluxe King room on-line and check-in was straight forward although for some reason the hotel had us booked in for 3 nights instead of 2. The hotel has been a grand building in the past but is showing its age now and things are being overlooked.

After arriving in our room, I opened the curtains to find an empty beer can sitting on the balcony, together with copious amounts of pigeon droppings. The room was comfortable although the air conditioning struggled to cool the room.

The following morning we visited the breakfast buffet, and I realize we are in Thailand, but the western breakfast really was terrible.

In summary, the hotel was satisfactory and the room comfortable, but I'm not sure I'd book in again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chaiwat S, Front Office Manager at Furama Chiang Mai, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear 2TravellersAustralia,

Thank you for sharing your first experience with us. We apologized for the dirt at the balcony
causes by the pigeon droppings and the imprudence of the cleaning staff. We are now looking for a solution to the problem of bird droppings so this wouldn't be happened again on your next trip.

Moreover, it is disappointing to know you were not satisfied with our breakfast, please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations.

Thank you again for bringing us these issues and also thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is very important to us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Having stayed at the Furama Sathorn Bangkok I was confident that the chiang mai furama would be similar. How wrong I was....

I paid for an up grade and breakfast , only to find that the breakfast was poor quality, and no assistance any where to get cutlery, the bathroom very dated and sink blocked, the floor 5 pool area covered with bird droppings from the trees on the top floor. Pools very dilapidated, and not particularly nice, and the afternoon I was there very noisy as a function was being prepared

Not a good experieece at all, best avoided..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chaiwat S, Front Office Manager at Furama Chiang Mai, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear alec M ,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We are sorry to learn that the service was lacking. One of our priorities is to provide quality service, therefore your comments are very important to us. Your specific issues have been taken up by the heads of all concerned departments and appropriate measures will be taken to ensure performance is enhanced.

Thank you again for bringing us these issues. It is disappointing to know you were not satisfied with the bathroom and other facilities of our hotel especially the pool. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

We look forward to welcome for your next visit and to provide you with higher quality service.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Furama in Chiang Mai, on a number of occasions and will be back there with some friends in November.

It is a three star hotel and you get what you pay for. On my first stay I had booked in to a Standard room which I wasn't very happy with, so I upgraded to a Deluxe King for a few dollars more. I was more than satisfied with this and would suggest that this is the best pitch for most people.

The hotel is fine, situated out of the noisy Night Market at the other end of town, but close enough for a Tuk Tuk to get you anywhere, for around 80 bht each way.

I agree in part that some of the common areas are a little aged but the rooms are good and cleaned daily.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chaiwat S, Front Office Manager at Furama Chiang Mai, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear ramuk69,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This time for visit my hometown, but I still want to the more rest and spend night life in Chiangmai. I got the room same as swimming pool floor. The room is simple and clean. Bathroom separate shower and bathtub, I very love it. Reception very kind. Anyway I have not much time to spend in this room. But I. Sure that you will like and feel comfortable in this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Chaiwat S, Front Office Manager at Furama Chiang Mai, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Filmmo B,

We glad to hear that you happy with the decor of our hotel and we are very proud and glad to read your feedback, it gives us great encouragement to work a lot.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Hanoi, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The 2br suite is great for a family and we paid high season rates and was only ($220)
USD). It is much bigger than two connecting rooms so only about 100 per night per room. It's huge - one enormous bedroom and one that is the size of a standard hotel room, oth with their own full baths with separate showers and jacuzzi tubs. Full kitchen with big refrigerator and sink and glassware but no cutlery or tools or plates. Hot water kettle and tea/coffee supplies. Both rooms have flat screens and desks and plenty of closet space. They are nice and bright with lots of windows. The main room has a full size dining room table and living room area with another flat screen. However, the bad part of this hotel is that it is really old and tired and service is awful. The hotel pools are very dilapidated - one smaller pool on the roof has nice 360 degree city views but 5 chaise lounges and no service/towels unless you hunt them down yourself. The other pool is off the fifth floor and is larger but equally abandoned by staff. It is such a wreck that my 4 year old actually stepped on a small piece of broken glass at the pool's edge. There is no shade on the 5th floor pool and again... 5 chaises - this hotel has at least 100 rooms. Breakfast is terrible - both the Western and Asian dishes are bad and there is a poor selection. Instant coffee from a machine. Tiny paper napkins. Ketchup brought to you if requested in fast food packets. Seriously? This is a Furama? Our only other experience with Furama is Da Nang, VN, and this is no Furama Da Nang. We have two more nights to suffer through and then we go to Bangkok... and first world service. Oh, and I tried to take the stairs from the pool up to our room and was locked in the stairwell for 10 minutes before a maid heard my banging on the door and let me back in... Then she and another maid proceeded to laugh and laugh at my apparent stupidity. Nice. Wait - I have to add my lunch experience in their restaurant. Ordered the only Caesar salad on the menu which comes with grilled chicken. First salad - I don't even know what it was - iceberg lettuce and no chicken. Sent back - then I got a plain Caesar without chicken. I thought I must be on tv since everyone in my party had almost finished eating at that point. Sent it back and said cancel. Then they waited forever to bring the check and instead, brought anoher salad. It was right the third time but we were leaving. There is one exemplary woman at the front desk who knew what she was doing but she couldn't cover the entire hotel. At least check-in was lovely.

Room Tip: If you are a family, get the 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chaiwat S, Front Office Manager at Furama Chiang Mai, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Momwith2boysVN,

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We would like to inform you that the management teams who are concerned with the problems mentioned above. We are not complacent, also attempt to resolve the issue and reply back to you as soon as possible.

Front Office Manager

Been to Furama Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!