This is a really good hotel, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and spacious and the breakfast is good (standard cereal, fruit, bread and cooked foods). It's about a 5 / 10 min walk to the night market and then a further 10 mins from there into the old town. Taxis can be tricky to get (you can't flag them down in the street), so we walked into town most evenings, but one night after waiting a while for a taxi the hotel gave us a lift in their vintage Merc, which was really nice! You can also borrow DVDs from reception and watch them in the room.
The ONLY downside for this hotel is they don't get much sun on the pool area. We visited in Feb 2014, and the sun shone on the pool between about 11am and 2:30pm max, when it went behind the building. This is a shame if, like us, you like to go out in the mornings and come back in the afternoon to lay around the pool and relax. We had to adjust plans, which wasn't a huge issue, but not as planned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa