“You become like family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joy's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Joy's House
You added Joy's House to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   114 Moo 9, Sanpeesue Village, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand   |
Ranked #8 of 537 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shenzhen, China
“You become like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my first trip to Thailand, and I was so pleasantly surprised. I normally don't plan to go back to places I've already stayed because I like to do new things, but I will definitely go back to Joy's house. The staff, students and fellow travelers made me feel like I'd found a home away from home. They made everything so easy. The food was great, the massages were wonderful, and I highly recommend the cooking class. The trip to the market to buy food for the cooking class was worth it alone. The room I was in was so large, I almost felt guilty staying there by myself. I can't say enough good things about the place and the people. I did not have my sons with me, but the next time I go, I will take them. It is a wonderfully family friendly place.

With breakfast outdoors, airport pickup, and very reasonable meals, massage and other excursions, this is a budget priced way to enjoy a luxury experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east, north and south are cooler in the afternoon.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Thai first
dereham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Couldn't fault joys house- wonderful welcome and lovely family atmosphere! Our room was palatial - much better than any fancy hotel! Also lovely pool and open area for breakfast outside and meals cooked if you want them for very reasonable price, optional interesting excursions each day and nothing is too much trouble for them,

Room Tip: Lovely pool and massage! We had superior room which was fantastic
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Soerendonk, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We went to joys house for 4 nights. The room was very big and nice. We did a lot of excursions what was also very good. Food was good, sometimes to spicy for us haha. They do really good job at the children shelter foundation!! We hope we can come back some times!! Must visit this place, you would love it just like us!!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Since monday i've been staying at joyshouse (also csf) and i find it super great! And now i didnt want to go back home. The kids are super lovely, well trained, polite! I really enjoy staying with them, the crew are very nice, the place is chill and beautiful. Recommended by teenager like me, not to missed this place :))

• Stayed March 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is my 2nd time to come here for relaxing with my husband, For the first time we falling in love at this place so we agree to come here again on Valentine's day. We said Yes! on this time it's never make us unfailing. We always love in the activity in this place.., swimming, massage, also enjoy eating too. 3 Days in Joy's House we can charge our energy to come back and continue our life. Thanks a lot for your best convenience and your staff are kindly....We will come back again. Love you Joy's House.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I could not think of a better place to spend my time. The children are all so happy and welcoming. Just being with them was the highlight of my trip to Chiang Mai. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was great! Joy's House will arrange any and every tour you could imagine. I had trouble leaving and will most definitely be back!! I could not recommend this place more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband two daughters and niece spent a week there in January and it was a fabulous experience. As everyone has said it has a great family feel. It's not for people who are seeking 5 star luxury. But it was the best experience we had in Chiang Mai. Our children had a ball playing with the other kids and we enjoyed mixing with all the other guests around the lovely breakfast area each morning. The villas are clean and comfortable and in Thai style. The outdoor areas are lovely and you must do dinner and be entertained by the kids music concert. The farm tour was terrific and the highlight of the trip for our teenage girls. Being able to talk to the kids and learn about their lives was so special. The food was great and staff so helpful. It was satisfying to know that some of our tourist dollars were going to support a worthy cause too. I would thoroughly recommend Joys House.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Joy's House? Share your experiences!