“Jenni.flo” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Shepparton, Australia
“Jenni.flo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very relaxing, enjoyable experience. Nothing was too much bother for the staff and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. It was recommended to us by a friend who lives in Chiang Mai and she was absolutely right. . We are vegetarian and found a lot of cafes/restaurants didn't quite understand the whole concept of vegetarianism, But the Blue diamond staff most certainly did.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Berkeley, California
“Healthy, delicious and cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I came here 7 years ago when I first came to Thailand, and ate almost every meal while I stayed in Chiang Mai. I loved it then and I love it now!
After arriving in Chiang Mai late last night and snacking at the Sunday Night Market, me and my partner were ready for a good healthy meal. A friend had posted on Facebook about this place, reminding me of the gem of Chiang Mai. Luckily, our guesthouse is about a 15 minute walk (although we're considering changing guesthouses to stay closer ;) so we made our way for breakfast and I was impressed by the upgrade in setting. The outdoor seating area is way nicer than I remember, and the crowd eating there made us sure we were in for a treat.
We sat down at the last available table and thumbed through the massive menu, finally deciding on an avocado cheese egg sandwich and an avocado basil garlic tomato omelette with hash browns. We also ordered fresh orange-carrot-ginger juice and cucumber-lemon-honey juice, and since we were sitting right next to the baked goods, a healthy looking scone and a muffin to top it off. Now granted, we are health nuts, so this type of food will rarely disappoint us, but we were blown away by how delicious it all was! I ordered a chai to go with my scone which was so good, and had to get another muffin after to finish my chai, having seen the coconut muffins come fresh out of the oven.
We also stocked up on a couple items from their health food store and got our of there before we would buy more, cause there is so much good stuff! We will definitely be eating a lot of meals there, and I can't recommend it enough :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Good vegan, vegetarian, natural & organic options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This reminded me of our co-op back home. Not fancy and no frills, but boasts natural foods and a lot of items made on site.

We met another couple with their son for dinner. We didn't go to Thailand looking to eat Western food, so we thoroughly enjoyed each dish. Each one was made fresh and came out as they were ready. The salads were fresh and tasty. All of us shared so we could get a flavor for each dish. And save room for dessert!~ The Avocado pie was decadent. The shake was good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely NOT the "Best Breakfast in CM". Very disappointing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The negative reviews are extremely accurate for this place. Perhaps 5 years ago you could get a tasty, Western breakfast here, but we did not find this to be the case today. The waitress tossed us a couple of the most sorry excuses for menus we've ever seen. They were probably the originals from when they opened. Just a first impression detail, but geeez. The omelette was overcooked and very dry. The "breakfast roll" was a hard, dry, and hockey puck-like. My apple cinnamon pancakes were decent. I ordered 2 (one was burned), and they brought them on separate plates, and were very confused when I asked them to put them on one plate.

Then it was time to leave/pay. Where is anyone? They are clearly understaffed for a place that is so busy. When a waiter walked by, we asked for the bill. He said, "Pay inside." I went inside with cash in my hand trying to pay someone. The guy at the coffee counter said, "Pay at counter." I went to the counter, and the girl said, "What do you want?". I said, "Pay, please." She said, "What did you eat?" I mean, what's going on here? She then searched on a scribble pad until she found what we ordered and added it all up for me. Quite an adventure! This place is poorly managed with very, very bad food, and they are somehow completely packed (every table full). I just don't get it. Won't be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“All-round quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Enjoyed the many breakfast choices, good coffee, vegetarian and organic foods as well as thai cuisine, good baked goods - an all-round quality restaurant. Seating in comfortable outdoor garden patio, or in the store/restaurant. Recommended for all north-american and european travellers seeking a familar diet...

Visited January 2013