“Friendliest guesthouse, amazing people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Green Oasis

The Green Oasis
You added The Green Oasis to your Saves list
The Green Oasis
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Prapokklao Road Soi 8, Muang, Prasing, Chiang Mai, 50100, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand   |
Ranked #348 of 502 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Krabi Town, Thailand
“Friendliest guesthouse, amazing people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for more or less 2 weeks, and had a fantastic time. The best thing about this place are the friendly owners Tony and Jlo, who from the moment we arrived made us feel really welcome and at home. The atmosphere here is so relaxed and friendly that it is easy to sit out in the restaurant, and chat with them, or other travellers, which makes Green Oasis a great place to meet people.

There is often a bottle of Sangsom open, and you are always welcome to join in with the drinking and socialising! One night we ended up drinking with Tony Jlo, Alex (who also lives there) and some other guests, and ended up going out with them to the local bars, which was great fun.

Unfortunately I ended up in hospital while we were in Chiang Mai, but I was so touched that while I was there that I had visits from Tony Jlo and Alex, who bought some food and snacks in for me. It was a really lovely gesture, which I dont think you would get from most other guesthose owners.

The location is great. You are in the heart of Chiang Mai old town, and located just down a side street, so its quiet at night. The Chedi Luang temple is at the end of the road, the sunday market is a two minute walk away, and the bars & clubs are about 10 mins walk away. We walked to pretty much everywhere in chiang mai from here, although some times we used the red songthaews for longer distances (i.e. night market - about 30 mins on foot) which charge just 20baht to anywhere in town.

The other bonus of staying here is the fantastic thai food which is served from the restaurant (Brown Rice Organic Bistro) at the guesthouse. The food here was amongst some of the best we have had whilst travelling around SE Asia. Try everything!!

Rooms are small and could do with sprucing up a little, but it is budget accomodation so its really not a problem. (our room with AC, TV and Hot water was 350 baht / £7 per night but prices start at 120 baht i think.

Would thoroughly recommend this GH to anyone - I will definately stay here again if in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I spent nearly 3 weeks at Green Oasis in May. JLo and Tony are awesome people that will do anything they can to help you out. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is great, close to Sunday walking street, markets, bars, and restaurants. I didn't get a chance to sample the restaurant as it wasn't yet open but I am sure it will be great. I did get cooking lessons from JLo which were so helpful and delicious! I would definitely recommend Green Oasis and will stay there again when I am lucky enough to be back in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I am having the most amazing time at this guesthouse. The rooms are clean and cozy and all have an ensuite bathroom. There's not a lot of noise at night, but the bars are just a 5-10 minute walk away. There is free wifi and a little bar as well. JLo and Tony are very nice people who will help you out with absolutely everything. I have to leave in two days, and I really don't want to. So if you are looking for a friendly and fun place where you will feel at home, come to The Green Oasis!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

The green oasis is a very friendly place!! When you stay there, you get to know everyone and you become one big family!!! Tony and Jlo (the owners) are so helpful and provide a very personal experience (they are the best thing about Green Oasis). They provide all the trips you will need at competitive prices (from hearing of prices from other places). On Christmas eve we all went out together to a local place and had an awesome time (bad hangover for the next day guaranteed!). Oh and they provide cooking lessons for only the price of the meal (50 baht or so), not a crazy 900 baht charge!

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the reception/seating area if you want complete silence, its very communal a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful stay here. Its run by a lovely thai husband and wife. We happened to stumble upon it on our third trip to chiang mai, we stayed in a fair few places here and this is by far our favourite, the food is yummy home style thai cooking, rooms are cheap and clean and most importantly they treat everybody so kindly. Their funny too. Highly recommended for a real Thai travelling.

• Stayed December 2011
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011 via mobile

We found this place by accident whilst wandering aimlessly looking for somewhere to stay in Chiang Mai and I'm glad we did. The new owners - Tony and Meow - were great hosts and good company too. When eating here you have the option to cook your food as well with Meow as your teacher. I'd recommend this place to anyone in a heartbeat and will definately come back if we're in Chiang Mai again.

• Stayed December 2011
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stumbled into Green Oasis by accident and it's a nice Guest House. Tony and Miau really do their best to make you feel at home. I got the possibility to cook my own thai meal with Miau as my teacher. Also I had great fun just chatting with them in the evening. Besides that they were also just very helpful: Where can I rent a bike? There and there. Where can I buy new shoes? There and there. etc.

It's hard to compare because it's only my second guest house, but It's nice

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Green Oasis? Share your experiences!