“A bit pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #160 of 249 Specialty lodging in Chiang Mai
Muara, Brunei Darussalam
“A bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights In room 2. Bed is stiff as hell. A bit musty. Bathroom isn't very clean. When I checked in, there was a couple before me. They didn't clean the bathroom - you can see stains on the toilet bowl its gross. room was 250 bath including bathroom.
the manager Bee was very nice. you can arrange tours or transport at a cheaper price.

• Stayed October 2012

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Phuket Town, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The best reason to stay here is that everyone is very friendly and helpful. Specifically, Bee (the owner/manager) is great and was constantly around to help. The guesthouse was very clean, and the restaurant was good. I highly recommend staying here, eating here, or booking a tour here. I booked a full-day tour and Bee made sure it was good and appropriate for me and followed up after it was over. So many tour companies send you on trips that are not good, and there is no accountability, but Same Same really cared about your experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed in a two bed room with a friend during my stay at Same Same guesthouse. The room is pretty basic, but being on a backpacking trip, we didn't need anything more than that. The room was great value for money at 250 THB a night. The hostel is located very close to the city center, but at night, the area is very quiet, so you'll be sure of a good night of sleep. The lovely Bee who run's this place is a very charming girl willing to help you out with all your needs during your stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

"you come as a farang and you leave as family" is written on the wall by a former guest. Those words could not be more true. The colors and contrast of the main restaurant/lounge area give the place character and style as you get to know the family that will be hosting your stay. The main guy actually drove me in his slick SUV up to Wat Suthep (for the price of gas). The lady, his wife, is great at english and is very helpful. She always has a smile on her face and will assist you in making your trip a memorable one. The grandma is one of the cooks and makes food that is delish. Ate most of our meals there. A great place and affordable. Highly recommend it..and so do my 3 buddies~

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011 via mobile

We stayed in this guesthouse for 2 nights. The staff was really friendly. The rooms were basic but clean. I would recommend the rooms to people but not the tours they have. We booked a 2 day hiking tour. The first day was okay, but the second day we had to wait for 2 hours before our raft was ready. Instead of 1 hour we only went rafting for 30 minuten. then we would go bambooraften for half an hour. 200 m before the endstop we had to go off the normal raft to do the bambooraft which lasted for 2 minuten. After the rafting we would go to a tribal village. That were just dressed up women selling souveniers. -f you really want to feel like a stupid tourist; book the tour.

• Stayed December 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011 via mobile

We followed Lonely Planet's advice and checked in to Same Same, Chiang Mai. The place seemed clean and for the price we thought why not! OH NO! Never again!! We wanted to stay an extra night and so went down to book it. The woman was so rude and unhelpful and said she couldn't say as needed to check emails but wouldn't do that till the evening and couldnt tell us until 10am the following morning. As we had booked a tour for the following morning we really needed to know so could leave bags. We asked if they could at least store our bags - yes, in the corridor! Which was totally unsecure!!! We asked if they had a store room and she said yes but only for people who had booked a tour through them. She was rude and unhelpful and I would advise everyone to avoid like the plague. You can get cheaper and better in so many other places - next door in fact. And other places provide towels and toilet paper and are cheaper!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I am usually not a person who complaints about many things but I have just experienced the most ill tempered and bad mannered service in my entire life.

I am fortunately not renting a room at this place but went for a cup of coffee and to use the wi fi, Asked them beforehand if they had free wifi and where the plugs were. Then after sitting down for 10 min and starting to upload some data I received my cup of coffee, then the female receptionist came to me to tell me that she charged 10 bht per hour for use of electricity. She certainly could have told me beforehand. So I refused and she got very angry and said that because I had only ordered a cup of coffee i had to pay this amount... Well, she should have told me beforehand that I had to order a 7 set menu , just exaggerating, to use their wi fi ...

also beforehand, i noticed that they were really annoyed with some other people, so all in all bad atmosphere and since there are so many other nice places and nice people you can find in wonderful chiang mai I would advice you to go elsewhere...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Same Same Guesthouse? Share your experiences!