“Not Up To Standard...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Noble Place Hotel

You added Noble Place Hotel to your Saves list
Noble Place Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   98/5 Soi Khaimak 1, Chiang mai-Hod Road | T. Padad A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand   |
Ranked #191 of 333 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Sydney, Australia
“Not Up To Standard...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We checked into the 'Noble Place' for luckily only one night (last night). I knew it wouldn't be amazing, but after reading some internet reviews i expected more than i got. For airport location it is fairly good, and the free airport shuttle is convenient...however it is down a dingy side street and VERY hard to find. When we checked in the staff were not particulary welcoming, and didn't offer to help us with our heavy luggage, or even take us up to our room. Upon check in they told us we had been 'upgraded' - thankgod, this was one positive thing about our stay. Yes it is a cheap hotel, costing about $20AUD a night, but so far we have had much better accomodation on our trip for a similar price. The room was huge, slightly eerie, and in dire need of refurbishing - but it was sufficient. Breakfast was average...we only had toast as the food was uncovered and looked like it had been sitting there for quite some time. Overall the hotel is cheap and sufficient, however the staff really need to pick up their game. The 'Noble Place', in my opinion, certainly did not live up to the positive reviews i had read earlier on trip advisor...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This year, I went to Chiang Mai for the first time and was very happy with Noble Place. The staff was awesome and very eager to help with every concern and need that I had. It is in a great location with very nice rooms and excellent prices. When I visit Chiang Mai again, I will stay in this hotel. I did not use the fitness center or the pool, so I cannot comment about that.

Bouakeo (Maryann)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

the hotel is fantastic. it is a quiet place although near the airport,
reasonable price (while i stay they have special price promotion )

they have free WiFi internet, free shuttle bus (in office hours 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
shopping mall is in your step. and you also can walk to Saturday night market
they are many food stand near hotel,

i like the people here, they are very helpful and the hotel also offer special price motorcycle rental for the guest here ^___________^ (like i'm VIP)

they provide buffet, english newspaper, friendly & helpful staff
i impress with this hotel while staying in chiangmai.

Room Tip: you can see doi su tep mountain from the front side. you can walk to the airport.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Noble Place Hotel was recommended to my partner and I as a serviced apartment, so we stayed for about one month. The location, cleanliness, and spacious rooms were great, but there were a few frustrations that became apparent during our long term stay.

The hotel is conveniently located across the road from a large mall (Central Airport Plaza) and it takes no more than 5mins drive to the old city. There are always a line of red song theows and tuks tuks available near the mall entrance; song theow to the city being 20-30B for one. The mall also has an excellent food court in the basement from which you can get Thai or other Asian meals for 30B plus a fruit shake for 20B. For meals closer to home, just around the corner from the hotel there are several street kitchens that serve home-style dishes.

The hotel is also very close to the airport. Free airport transfers are available during day hours but otherwise a song theow is always available for cheap.

The hotel rooms are large, tastefully decorated, and very clean with plenty of storage space. Free bottles of ozone-treated water were supplied daily, and there is a kettle and two glasses. The fridge holds a variety of soda and canned beers, each about 30B. The bathroom is also very clean, the toilet and shower head being in separate corners. Hot water and pressure was good. Plenty of thick white towels are supplied, as is a shampoo from a wall-mounted dispenser. Unlike a typical serviced apartment, there is no kitchenette. Air conditioner was in good working order.

Our room was cleaned twice per week, including fresh bed sheets and towels. The cleaners were lovely, but unfortunately they started their work early everyday around 6am, calling out to one another, slamming doors, and being generally very noisy. This meant early awakenings and disturbed sleep for us.

Complimentary breakfast buffet was daily and consisted of both Asian and Western cuisine. Asian dishes were usually tasty and included soup, congee, simple stirfries, fried noodles, fried rice. Fewer Western dishes were offered- white toast, fried eggs, and frankfurt sausages. Cereal and milk was also available. Tea, coffee, and a few very sweet juices for drinks. Exotic fruit platter also popular. Unfortunately, there were several times when popular dishes (such as fried eggs and fruit) were not topped up despite breakfast still being served for another hour. Also, the hot food was often cold upon eating.

During breakfast with the other hotel guests it was obvious that the majority were Thai. This was also reflected by the poor English speaking skills of the reception staff. Over time it was increasingly frustrating because they could not help us with tourist questions, change for big cash notes, or other inquiries. Asking for more toilet paper became charades and after the first time we instead just handed them an empty toilet paper roll to let them know we needed more.

Wifi was fast with a good connection.

For one month the cost of staying was 15000B which is rather dear. Furnished apartments in neighbouring streets were being rented out for less than half of what we paid, though they didn't come with breakfast, housekeeping, cable TV, wifi, 24h reception. I would not stay at Noble Place for long term again, especially since there are close by apartments that are significantly better value for money, but for a short stay of a few days I would consider it again.

• Stayed March 2013
lazy_kitty
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Literally just down the road to airport. Opposite the hotel there is a massage and spa center. Wifi is free but not efficient. So, I will have to use the lobby wifi after many attempts failed. Room are really big and spacious and clean. Love the bathroom sink, its really unique. Breakfast is good and staff are friendly too.

Room Tip: corner room are bigger
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

A good hotel with a dedicated staff. The basic room was relatively large and had a good sized bathroom. We like it because its serene, quiet and secured. Cosy lobby with free wi fi. B'fast is good. Located close by the airport & Central Mall. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom serviced apartment for a month. First of all, what was advertised didn't totally match what I got. There was supposed to be a fully equipped kitchen, which to me and every other self service apartment I've rented, means there are dishes, and silver, and some cooking pans. There were two glasses and two coffee cups. I asked for more dishes and got them, but decided I wouldn't try to cook here, especially when I discovered there would be a breakfast buffet. There was also supposed to be a stocked bar in the lobby where you could socialize with your fellow travellers--not so. The apartment was fairly clean when I arrived, but there was a large crack in one of the walls in the bedroom, and the bottom of the bathtub was peeling badly. The pictures used for advertising must have been taken when the hotel was new.

The staff at the hotel are very nice and try to be helpful, but there was only one person who spoke English well enough to understand my questions and needs. She told me that about 80% of their customers are Thai, so I think they probably don't care that much about the rest of us. The WiFi was very unreliable. I had to call at least once a day and sometimes 3 or 4 times to ask for it to be reset. The breakfast buffet caters much more to the tastes of Asians than Westerners, which makes sense when you consider their primary customer base. I wouldn't mind that so much if the food were kept hot, which they were very poor at doing. The eggs were usually cold, so I would sit and wait until some hot ones came out. Eggs, toast, and some fresh fruit and concentrated fruit juices are the only items that would appeal to Westerners.

The sound proofing in this hotel is horrible. I would be awakened earlier than desired every day by slamming doors and talking in the hallway. I could also hear the traffic noise from a major road that was a block away.

The daily maid service was good, but it was strange for them to take away unused towels. The bath towels were grey with age and overuse in contrast to what looked like new hand towels.
The elevator stops at "half floor" points, which was weird, so you can't avoid having to carry heavy bags up or down a half flight of stairs.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a Western traveler.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Noble Place Hotel? Share your experiences!