“Great Massage, Great Cause!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 335 Activities in Chiang Mai
Type: Architectural Buildings, Wellness & Spas
Newport, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
“Great Massage, Great Cause!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

If it wasn't for the sign, you would not know that the spa was associated with the Women's Prison. We got great two hour Thai Massages that cost 360 baht ($12). I had read other reviews where people had commented that the girls spent too much time talking to each other. I didn't find that to be the case. They did talk a little to each other but not so much that it was a distraction. Our massages were for the full 2 hours and that is what we got. A nice cup of tea after the massage. I thought that the facility was very clean, and whatever the aroma therapy scent was, it was nice. I have had other Thai massages in the past and would put this in the same class as relativly expensive ones in Bangkok, but at a fraction of the cost.

Visited October 2012

USA
“Surprisingly pleasant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

If it weren't for the guard out front, you'd think you were in a spa. Wood carvings, silk curtains, polite and helpful women to give massages, bring tea, and provide you comfortable clothes for the massage.

Jakarta, Indonesia
6 attraction reviews
“Money well spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had a great leg massage at the spa. Very relaxing. Free wifi was an added bonus! And 150 baht? Can't beat the price!

Visited October 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Great massage, even better price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I'd read excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and like that the money I spent towards massage would be going to a good cause. However, I wa a little wary as I didn't know what to expect. I was SO pleasantly surprised! The grounds are lovely with a nice courtyard outside the massage area. Inside is very clean and the massage was wonderful for only 180 Baht! I would highly recommend this place for a massage in Chiang Mai!

Auckland
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Experience!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I each had an hour massage at the correctional facility. The actual place where you get the massage is not inside the prison, its over the road. The massage was absolutely amazing, relaxing and we got given a cup of fresh tea after aswell. I could highly recommend this to anyone wanting a Thai Massage. Really friendly women aswell happy to chat away and we had a good laugh with them too.

Really well priced much less than other facilities.

Easy walk within the old city, if you get lost just ask any locals or other tourists as its really well known.

Visited August 2012