“Excellent Hotel in Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Chiang Mai

You added Le Meridien Chiang Mai to your Saves list
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Chang Klan Road,Chang Klan, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand   |
Special Price
Hot Escapes
Ranked #22 of 330 Hotels in Chiang Mai
4.5 of 5 stars 1,543 Reviews
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent Hotel in Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

We stayed three nights at the Le Meridien in Chiang Mai, and we couldn't have been more impressed. The hotel itself is beautiful, with an spacious, well-appointed lobby, good fitness center, beautiful furnishings in the rooms, and top notch staff service.

Likes:
- 1 hr free internet cards for the lobby wifi
- Junior suite was huge
- Executive lounge had excellent staff and very good food and drink.
- Location is perfect.
- Staff are courteous, efficient, and friendly

Minor dislikes:
- Carpet in the suite was in desperate need of a steam-cleaning
- Pool was freezing
- Coffee at breakfast was not good

All in all, a great experience, and a hotel we will definitely return to next time we are in Chiang Mai

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, December 11, 2010
Dear Drew11m,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post comments on your visit to our hotel, it is great to hear that you had an enjoyable time.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the Junior Suite and Executive Lounge, the internet options, facilities and location of the hotel. In particular we are happy to learn that our associates provided you with great service and rest assured that I have already shared your comments with our team.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the coffee and carpet and may I offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have sent you a message via the Tripadvisor message option in order to get more details regarding this feedback.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon and thank you for choosing to stay with us again. Enjoy the onset of the festive season and hope to see you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights from 3-7 Dec and the stay coincided with Thai King birthday celebration on Sunday, and the hotel carried out its commemoration and celebration with pomp and displayed a stately portrait of the beloved king in the front yard of the hotel building. Already situated alongside the busy Night Bazaar, the hotel stands out with its modern exterior facade with other aged hotel buildings.
When staying here, always ask for a room with a mountain view of Doi Suthep in the distant. It is a good base to venture for various adventure activities, golfing holidays.
The gym on 4th floor has the same mountain view and faces the small infinity pool and has an impressive array of gym equipment.
Ah, the bed is huge by westerners' standard, and for Asians it is spacious and comfortable, and it is such a welcome place to look forward to after a day of adventure activity in the outskirts of Chiang Mai. Its wide of selection of international TV programmes cater to its diverse clientele nationalities. Grab hold for a copy of Art and Craft of Chiang Mai (we got it from Mandarin Oriental) when exploring the city for its reputable handicraft, antiques and food establishments.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear emersonlou9285,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. I have already shared your report with all our teams and we are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the design, location, and facilities of the hotel.

The rooms facing Doi Suthep and gym / swimming pool are indeed great, especially on a sunny day such as today. We do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, you will choose to stay with us at our hotel once again.

Season’s greetings from all of us here at Le Meridien Chiang Mai.

Kunming, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

The hotel was excellent. Staff all spoke English fairly well (as did many in this city) and were friendly and helpful. The rooms were excellent, large and clean. I was not too keen on that glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom. Fortunately there was a blind that pulled down. Unlike other Starwood hotels we've stayed at, the bathtub was large (long, wide and deep) and I could actually use it without cramping my shoulders.

As for the bed - best sleep I've had in years!

Internet was pricey at about $20 per day. Breakfast was not included with our room and it was far too expensive, but good quality. We've stayed at other Starwood locations were breakfast was included even with the cheapest rooms so we're puzzled about the differences. There are lots of other restaurants outside to choose from.

The hotel is located right in the middle of the night market street, so it's really easy to find, but we liked the other night market in the old city better.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, December 5, 2010
Dear AllanPage,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to Le Meridien Chiang Mai and found our associates to be friendly and helpful. I will certainly pass it on. Many thanks also for the nice comments about the room and facilities.

The internet options have recently been revised as follows: 15 minutes free internet in Business Center per day and 1 hour free Wifi in our lobby per day. Our Club floor guests enjoy free internet at the Club Lounge and our SPG Platinum guests enjoy free internet throughout their stay. Chargeable internet packages are as follows: 1 hour at THB 214 Bht net (current promotion = Buy one, get one free), 1 day at THB 530 net, 3 days at THB 1284 net, 5 days at THB 1950 net and 7 days at THB 2568 net. All options (free or chargeable) are offered at the high speed rate of 6 Mbit/s.

Regarding the room packages we do offer room packages with or without breakfast as well as packages that include Spa or airport transfer or dining credit; all depends on the guest requests and needs.

If breakfast is not included in the package, a full breakfast buffet is available at THB 650 net. To prepare our food, we are using quality supplies as well as equipment/products which comply with our food hygiene policies. These guidelines often carry additional costs which are unrecognized by our guests however we can’t compromise on food quality and our food safety procedures. However please rest assured that we regularly review our prices, launch promotions and conduct surveys to ensure we offer the best value for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This was my third stay at Le Meridien and I really love this hotel. It's modern but understated, and sophisticated but not stuffy. The room is one of the most comfortable I've had anywhere. My partner wanted to spend a day just staying in the bed because it was so incredibly comfortable! And the location is perfect.

Try to get a room facing west towards Doi Suthep, The view is much nicer.

The staff - although young - have always been very helpful and professional.

But as usual, I do have a few complaints:
1. Meridien infuses their lobbies with different aromatherapy scents. After a few days the smell here was really making me kind of ill. It's been the same on all of my stays here, and I wish they would change it or at least vary it from time to time. (the soundscape, however, is brilliant)
2. The charge for in-room internet is outrageous. No, wait...it's OUTRAGEOUS. Nearly $30 for 24 hours.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear JFH1107,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us in December last year.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your third visit to Le Meridien and found our associates to be very helpful and professional. Your kind comments regarding the room are greatly appreciated.

The smell in our lobby is indeed one of our signature elements which you will find in every Le Meridien Hotel around the World. It could have been the newly installed cartridge that made you smell it that strong. I’m sorry to hear that it made you sick at that time, which was certainly not intentional. I recently received some positive feedback about this element from other guests however it is difficult to comment because each guest personal preferences.

Please allow me to comment about the internet charges. In December 2009 we charged THB 642 net for 24 hrs and I’m happy to report that it has since been revised. Currently our guests can choose the following: 15 minutes free internet in Business Center per day and 1 hour free Wifi in our lobby per day. Our Club floor guests enjoy free internet in the Club Lounge and our SPG Platinum guests enjoy free internet throughout their stay. Chargeable internet packages are as follows: 1 hour at THB 214 Bht net (currently promotion = Buy one, get one free), 1 day at THB 530 net, 3 days at THB 1284 net, 5 days at THB 1950 net and 7 days at THB 2568 net. All internet options (free or chargeable) are offered at the high speed rate of 6 Mbit/s.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed at theLM CM twice this past suumer and found it a great value and an excellent hotel. The reception staff were very helpful and courteous. The Sunday brunch was outstanding. The beds and linen were especially comfortable of any of the hotels I used during my multi-month stay in Thailand. The pillows were very comfortable and I was going to ask the staff what kind there so that when I returned home, I could order some somewhere online for my own home--maybe if the manager reads this, he could share their brand or make up. I do agree with one other poster that there needs to better internet access for a more affordable rate in the rooms.

Thanks

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
Dear sammy44SanDiego,

Thank you for posting your lovely comments on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you were pleased with our service and food at the hotel. It is very encouraging and rest assured that I have passed on your comments to the team.

Regarding the internet we take the comments of our reviewers serious and have since created new packages for our guests. In addition we will provide 1 hour free Wifi in the lobby per day for our guests as of 15th November. And our Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum members will be offered free internet throughout their stay.

Great to read that you also enjoyed our bed and the pillows. After I received several positive comments about the pillows, we have now created a pillow menu which is available in all rooms. Our guests can choose between 8 different types of pillows based on their preference.

We also offer the possibility to purchase our Chamber Pillows and Euro pillows, the best way for you to buy those pillows is to stay with us again :-). I have also sent you a message regarding the supplier and pillow specifications, in case you would like to contact them.

Thank you once again for recommending our property on Trip Advisor and hope to be able to welcome you again.

Kind regards

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

• Travel group: 9 adults and 2 children.
• I'm a SPG member and I got a super deal.
• The front desk is superb. They are fast and servers you with a smile.
• The room and toilet is clean, and the house keeping provide clean towels every day. The bed is heaven.
• The breakfast is normal ABF noting to fancy about.
• The location is the best. It is so convenient; the night bazaar is just stone's throw away from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Dear chengwc,

Thank you for posting your review about Le Meridien Chiang Mai on Trip Advisor.

I’m glad to read from your review that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially pleased with the service of the Front desk associates, the cleanliness, location and bed. Rest assured that I have passed on your comments accordingly .

Hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

It's not Four Seasons. It's not Mandarin Oriental. But it's Le Meridien at its best - pound for pound the best in Chiang Mai.

Hotel web special offer of Buy 2 Get 1 Free night was well worth it. It only takes 4,000 SPG points for a free night, fraction of some of the other SPG properties.

The room is not big but had all the right amenities in immaculate condition. Sound insulation and AC noise level are all excellent. Spa was running special (750 Baht for 1 hour facial or aromatherapy masage) and it was the best deal among any Starwood hotels I've been to. Latest Recipe menu was reasonably priced and tasty.

Like so many reviewers mentioned, location is perfect as it is at doorstep of night market. Entire staff were very well trained, professional and courteous. No problems in getting help in exploring Chiang Mai even if you didn't do any homework yourself.

I had a lunch at Mandarain Oriental and a drink at Four Seasons and had a guided hotel tour. And I have to admit. Both are truly phenomonal especially Four Seasons. Is it worth 5 - 6 time more? Maybe for some who would want "no compromise, nothing but the best". But for now, I will stick with Le Meridien for the price of admission. I will try Four Seasons someday for sure. It appeared that good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Dear Nolbu,

Thank you for this great review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit to our resort – and thank you for your time in posting these comments.

I am so happy that you liked your value during your stay, the condition and amenities. Thank you for highlighting the service you received during your stay. We always read out and share any guest comments – and the team was delighted to receive your positive endorsement of service.

I do hope that we may the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chiang Mai again in the future.

With kind regards

Hotel Manager

Been to Le Meridien Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!