This was my third stay at Le Meridien and I really love this hotel. It's modern but understated, and sophisticated but not stuffy. The room is one of the most comfortable I've had anywhere. My partner wanted to spend a day just staying in the bed because it was so incredibly comfortable! And the location is perfect.
Try to get a room facing west towards Doi Suthep, The view is much nicer.
The staff - although young - have always been very helpful and professional.
But as usual, I do have a few complaints:
1. Meridien infuses their lobbies with different aromatherapy scents. After a few days the smell here was really making me kind of ill. It's been the same on all of my stays here, and I wish they would change it or at least vary it from time to time. (the soundscape, however, is brilliant)
2. The charge for in-room internet is outrageous. No, wait...it's OUTRAGEOUS. Nearly $30 for 24 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal destination for savvy travellers who enjoy the mixture of Le Meridien's European heritage and local Lanna style to deliver a contemporary cultural experience. The hotel's 383 guestrooms, overlooking Doi Suthep Mountain range, are equipped with broadband internet and offer a modern entertainment experience centered on a high-definition LCD television. A perfect location adjacent to the famous night bazaar will ensure guests encounter the vibrancy + energy of Chiang Mai, just at their doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Meridien Chiang Mai