“My Home in Chiang Mai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Chiang Mai

You added Le Meridien Chiang Mai to your Saves list
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Chang Klan Road,Chang Klan, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand   |
Special Price
Hot Escapes
Ranked #22 of 330 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Los Angeles
“My Home in Chiang Mai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This was my third stay at Le Meridien and I really love this hotel. It's modern but understated, and sophisticated but not stuffy. The room is one of the most comfortable I've had anywhere. My partner wanted to spend a day just staying in the bed because it was so incredibly comfortable! And the location is perfect.

Try to get a room facing west towards Doi Suthep, The view is much nicer.

The staff - although young - have always been very helpful and professional.

But as usual, I do have a few complaints:
1. Meridien infuses their lobbies with different aromatherapy scents. After a few days the smell here was really making me kind of ill. It's been the same on all of my stays here, and I wish they would change it or at least vary it from time to time. (the soundscape, however, is brilliant)
2. The charge for in-room internet is outrageous. No, wait...it's OUTRAGEOUS. Nearly $30 for 24 hours.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, December 5, 2010
Dear JFH1107,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us in December last year.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your third visit to Le Meridien and found our associates to be very helpful and professional. Your kind comments regarding the room are greatly appreciated.

The smell in our lobby is indeed one of our signature elements which you will find in every Le Meridien Hotel around the World. It could have been the newly installed cartridge that made you smell it that strong. I’m sorry to hear that it made you sick at that time, which was certainly not intentional. I recently received some positive feedback about this element from other guests however it is difficult to comment because each guest personal preferences.

Please allow me to comment about the internet charges. In December 2009 we charged THB 642 net for 24 hrs and I’m happy to report that it has since been revised. Currently our guests can choose the following: 15 minutes free internet in Business Center per day and 1 hour free Wifi in our lobby per day. Our Club floor guests enjoy free internet in the Club Lounge and our SPG Platinum guests enjoy free internet throughout their stay. Chargeable internet packages are as follows: 1 hour at THB 214 Bht net (currently promotion = Buy one, get one free), 1 day at THB 530 net, 3 days at THB 1284 net, 5 days at THB 1950 net and 7 days at THB 2568 net. All internet options (free or chargeable) are offered at the high speed rate of 6 Mbit/s.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed at theLM CM twice this past suumer and found it a great value and an excellent hotel. The reception staff were very helpful and courteous. The Sunday brunch was outstanding. The beds and linen were especially comfortable of any of the hotels I used during my multi-month stay in Thailand. The pillows were very comfortable and I was going to ask the staff what kind there so that when I returned home, I could order some somewhere online for my own home--maybe if the manager reads this, he could share their brand or make up. I do agree with one other poster that there needs to better internet access for a more affordable rate in the rooms.

Thanks

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
Dear sammy44SanDiego,

Thank you for posting your lovely comments on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you were pleased with our service and food at the hotel. It is very encouraging and rest assured that I have passed on your comments to the team.

Regarding the internet we take the comments of our reviewers serious and have since created new packages for our guests. In addition we will provide 1 hour free Wifi in the lobby per day for our guests as of 15th November. And our Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum members will be offered free internet throughout their stay.

Great to read that you also enjoyed our bed and the pillows. After I received several positive comments about the pillows, we have now created a pillow menu which is available in all rooms. Our guests can choose between 8 different types of pillows based on their preference.

We also offer the possibility to purchase our Chamber Pillows and Euro pillows, the best way for you to buy those pillows is to stay with us again :-). I have also sent you a message regarding the supplier and pillow specifications, in case you would like to contact them.

Thank you once again for recommending our property on Trip Advisor and hope to be able to welcome you again.

Kind regards

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

• Travel group: 9 adults and 2 children.
• I'm a SPG member and I got a super deal.
• The front desk is superb. They are fast and servers you with a smile.
• The room and toilet is clean, and the house keeping provide clean towels every day. The bed is heaven.
• The breakfast is normal ABF noting to fancy about.
• The location is the best. It is so convenient; the night bazaar is just stone's throw away from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Dear chengwc,

Thank you for posting your review about Le Meridien Chiang Mai on Trip Advisor.

I’m glad to read from your review that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially pleased with the service of the Front desk associates, the cleanliness, location and bed. Rest assured that I have passed on your comments accordingly .

Hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

It's not Four Seasons. It's not Mandarin Oriental. But it's Le Meridien at its best - pound for pound the best in Chiang Mai.

Hotel web special offer of Buy 2 Get 1 Free night was well worth it. It only takes 4,000 SPG points for a free night, fraction of some of the other SPG properties.

The room is not big but had all the right amenities in immaculate condition. Sound insulation and AC noise level are all excellent. Spa was running special (750 Baht for 1 hour facial or aromatherapy masage) and it was the best deal among any Starwood hotels I've been to. Latest Recipe menu was reasonably priced and tasty.

Like so many reviewers mentioned, location is perfect as it is at doorstep of night market. Entire staff were very well trained, professional and courteous. No problems in getting help in exploring Chiang Mai even if you didn't do any homework yourself.

I had a lunch at Mandarain Oriental and a drink at Four Seasons and had a guided hotel tour. And I have to admit. Both are truly phenomonal especially Four Seasons. Is it worth 5 - 6 time more? Maybe for some who would want "no compromise, nothing but the best". But for now, I will stick with Le Meridien for the price of admission. I will try Four Seasons someday for sure. It appeared that good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Dear Nolbu,

Thank you for this great review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit to our resort – and thank you for your time in posting these comments.

I am so happy that you liked your value during your stay, the condition and amenities. Thank you for highlighting the service you received during your stay. We always read out and share any guest comments – and the team was delighted to receive your positive endorsement of service.

I do hope that we may the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chiang Mai again in the future.

With kind regards

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

The hotel is relatively new... so everything is still intact. The most amazing thing about this hotel is the location in the middle of the night market. Perfect for everthing being food, massage, shopping, etc. Buffet breakfast is good but wish that they includes more meals for the asian tourist like fried noodles/fried rice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Dear aza13,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Chiang Mai.

Thank you for your compliments regarding the location, we often receive this feedback and its truly one of the benefits to stay at our hotel. Thank you also for your suggestion regarding the breakfast, our Executive Chef has added fried rice and fried noodles to the breakfast buffet.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Chiang Mai in the near future.

Best wishes

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hotel has got to be the best hotel in the city! It was beautiful inside and out and the location is literally right next to the night markets. We had a view from one of the top floors looking out over the city towards Doi Suthep and it was just beautiful. The service was wonderful and the staff were all so friendly. The only issues were that the breakfast is incredibly expensive for Chiang Mai and there is no free internet in the rooms. However, we were able to visit the business center which provided free internet for 15 minutes, which was helpful. Regarding breakfast, there is a wonderful little restaurant called Cafe de Siam about 3 minutes from the hotel. You turn right, walk across a short bridge and the restaurant is there on your left. They have wonderful banana pancakes, coffee and orange juice for an extremely reasonable price.

All in all, I would highly recommnd this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear WrldTravlr14,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience online I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I shared your comments with our team and they were delighted that you had an enjoyable stay.
I also appreciate the extra time that you took to make some constructive comments – these are always welcome.

We keep our food prices in line with other hotels of similar standard; unfortunately we cannot compete with those stand alone restaurants. In our food production there are high costs involved that are often unrecognized by someone outside the hotel industry. Due to our food safety policy we are required to strictly comply with those 150 pages of corporate food safety guidelines. It includes investment of special equipment to keep the food at adequate temperature, purchase of equipment to monitor these policies, external + internal training, special cleaning chemicals, regular food & water analysis by an independent laboratory, regular kitchen and staff swab tests & health checks by the hospital, adequate storage facilities & management, etc.

Regarding the internet I have had a number of comments recently regarding this topic - and we take this feedback seriously. As a result, we have created new packages and in addition we will provide 1 hour free Wifi in the lobby per day for our guests as of 15th November. And our Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum members will be offered free internet throughout their stay.

With kind regards

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights.
Was greeted personally at check in by Tino, the hotel manager (nice guy!). Check in went smoothly and was escorted and shown to the room by staff
As SPG Platinum: Upgraded to Junior Suite, Lounge Benefits, Free internet, Free Breakfast. Welcome fruits and note.
Room (Junior suite): Clean and bright. HUGE bathtub with nice view. really comfy bed. Excellent size. Would have likes partition between bath area and toilet so can be used simultaneously.
Lounge: Serves drinks, afternoon tea and evning snacks. Staff friendly and helpful.
Restaurants: Decent food and decent prices. Staff great there too.
Location: Pretty good. Night market right underneath! Anyway, tranport is cheap.
Check out: Seamless.
Wonderful hotel with great service to complement it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Dr_LTLL,

Thank you very much for this positive and encouraging review. I have shared your review with my team, especially in those departments you highlighted in your review and they beamed when they heard your comments and warm words.

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, location and facilities and hope to welcome you again in Chiang Mai soon.

Sincerely

Hotel Manager

Been to Le Meridien Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!