“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Chiang Mai

You added Le Meridien Chiang Mai to your Saves list
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Chang Klan Road,Chang Klan, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand   |
Special Price
Hot Escapes
Ranked #22 of 330 Hotels in Chiang Mai
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

As a frequent SPG traveler and Platinum member, this was one of the best experiences I've had. Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were taken to the lounge for drinks by the overwhelmingly nice staff, and were upgraded to a beautiful suite - the nicest room I have stayed in anywhere to date. The club lounge served excellent food and drinks for breakfast and happy hour, and all of the staff were very helpful - the hotel manager even came to introduce himself, and gave us recommendations for the rest of our two weeks in Southeast Asia. The hotel also offers free parking (we had rented a car), and is located right in the heart of the Chiang Mai night market, the best market we experienced in our travels across the region. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Joey G,

Thank you for your kind words and please allow me to express my sincere gratitude for your loyalty and consideration for our Starwood Preferred Guest Program. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai please allow us to welcome you for another refreshing stay.

Gregory Anderson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had great time at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai for three nights. The hotel is in an ideal location with night markets and good restaurants all within very easy walking distance. Rooms are good, food is very good, and the staff are all very accommodating. I would recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Chiang Mai as a good base for exploring the region.

Room Tip: Friday night is Ladies Night in the lobby bar with endless Sparkling Cocktails flowing from 7-9:30 f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear EW1964,

Creating a wonderful guest experiences is the most important part that we aim to succeed with. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Le Méridien Chiang Mai on TripAdvisor.com. Your detailed account is invaluable to us and we strive to provide a high level of personal, instinctive service to ensure a renewing stay. Should your travel plans bring you back to Chiang Mai, please return again soon.

Gregory Anderson - General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

With over 1,300 reviews, this is clearly the most popular hotel in Chiang Mai. Why?

The hotel’s location is near perfect. Popular attractions are minutes away and the elevated views from the hotel are breathtaking. Waking up to a panoramic view of the old city and Doi Suthep looming just beyond is an experience in itself and will make your trip to Chiang Mai unforgettable.

The rooms are minimal, modern and beautiful. I agree whole-heartedly with those that find the current room condition to be excellent. I do see that some reviewers felt a refresh is needed. During my last stay, I noticed the hotel had begun work on refreshing the rooms. This is welcome news and will make already nice rooms even nicer.

Service is superb and truly something to be enjoyed. Beyond being wonderfully kind, staff are attentive and take an interest in your preferences. If you encounter an issue, simply share it with the staff. From my experience and observation, I can vouch that the “above and beyond” approach is the only one they know.

There are many great hotels in Chiang Mai. But the Le Meridien stands out because of its superb balance of location, luxury and service. For most, this is hands down, the best option in Chiang Mai.

As an aside, on my last stay, my guest celebrated a birthday. A particular staff member took an active interest in working with other staff to create a fun and memorable birthday for my guest. I’ve come to expect great service at the hotel, but, that day was extra special. Thank you very much!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear juzzin,

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Loved the location of this hotel, right next to the night market. Many restaurants and shops near by. Room was nice and clean, buffet restaurant was nice. Good Thai food and large selections of western food. The only downside was the internet, there wasn't WI-FI in the room, only in lobby and pool/public area, which is not convenient. We stayed over 7 hotels in our Asia trip, this is the only one doesn't offer Wi-FIi in the room.

Duke's cross street was a nice restaurant, we also tried the River Market (Thai food) by the same owner down the river, both were nice. Just Relax spa was nice cross the street too. A lot of shops and restaurant near by. Overall was a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Castlerock0908,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent night at Le Méridien Chiang Mai. We are delighted you were comfortable in our care and could take advantage of our facilities + great location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

From the moment we pulled up to the circular driveway and were greeted by the friendly staff we fell in love with the Le Meridien Chiang Mai. This location is perfect! You are a 2 minute walk from the fabulous night market and countless eateries. The staff here was amazing. If you can book a club level room, I highly recommend it. The views are amazing and the breakfast is great, but the real highlight is the cocktail hour every night. I also highly recommend the spa, I have been to several and this was by far the best experience I have ever had. The technicians were skilled and polite and make both my husband and I feel very comfortable, ask if they are running any specials! The food at the bar downstairs was some of the best we had in Thailand and completely reasonably priced. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Thank you for the perfect stay in our favorite place in Thailand we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a club level room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. Your great comments will be shared with our Management Team as well as with our Associates in the culinary team. Thank you once again for your enthusiastic review and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again to Le Méridien Chiang Mai.

Phuket, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Centrally located is a major pilots for this property. This year, we decided to book a Club Room and were quite disappointed. The room, although clean, was in need of a re-paint and the tops needed re varnishing as they were badly scuffed. The lounge is impressive in terms of decor, but the food for afternoon tea and cocktails was lacking compared with other club lounges. Service was good in terms of being polite, but was slow. The breakfast was good, but not very good. We arrived at 9 am, a full hour before the end and some dishes were already empty and remained so.
Many of the hotel's associates were very friendly and were a credit to the company, but not all.
At check out in the main reception, after having confirmed that nothing had been taken from the minibar, the conversation ended- no thank you, no how was your stay, no goodbye. Reception wasn't at all busy, were that to be used as an excuse (which it isn't), either. Altogether, neither the service I am accustomed to as an SPG member, nor the quality of a 5* establishment. Disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Brian I,

Creating wonderful guest experiences is singularly the most important item that we aim to succeed with. I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences from which we can better understand your perspectives. Your detailed account of your stay has been shared with our department heads and Associates to ensure the improvement and consistency.
We sincerely regret that your last stay with us as lacking and please ensure that this is not the standard that we hold ourselves to. I warmly invite you to contact me so that we can continue this dialogue in person, please contact me via Rojjana.Franzke@lemeridien.com. Once again we sincerely regret your dissatisfaction on this occasion which is highly irregular.
We hope that if you will consider returning to Le Méridien Chiang Mai when next visiting.

San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

For under US$100/night, this is an acceptable value, I would consider it to be 3-star hotel. However if I was paying anything more than $100/night, I would consider staying at one of the several other hotels in the city that deliver a far better value.
- Nice location – right by night market and a short cab ride to old town or one could walk (except for the sweltering heat). There were several nice boutique properties in the old town itself
- Concierge service was fantastic
- Breakfast in the morning was quite decent and service outstanding.
- We stayed in a corner suite. The suite was very well located and spacious. It would be much nicer if they updated the carpets and sofas in the rooms/suites as they don’t seem to have been changed since the hotel opened.
- Extremely poor in-room dining experience
o 1st day ordered lunch as we were tired. They said 30 minutes but food came close to an hour later. The banquet manager and duty manager came with the food to apologize for the delay. I was impressed with the fact that they came as I had not even complained and so I thought the service must be exceptional.
o The stuffed thai style chicken, Indian chicken and naan were quite bad
o I wanted some hot/spicy sauce or chopped red chillies but all attempts to explain this went in vain. The Service express agent kept saying they have tomato sauce.
o Ordered white toast for my child – was charged US$12 for one order. I don’t think I have paid this much for toast at hotels that charge $600-$800/night. Here the mantra appears to be to sell you a room for cheap and rip you off for little things.
o The next day I had to order room service again despite my wishes against it (a child gets hungry when a child gets hungry. Ordered toast and chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream – Paid close to US$30 and waited for 40 minutes – How busy can it be at 3 PM and how long can it take to toast a few slices of white bread? If I am going to get ripped off on the price, I wish at least I would get the service to match.
- Shower water temperature – fluctuated wildly – from going cold to scalding hot. It happened 4 time in a 3-4 minute shower. Just be careful or you could burn yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LeMeridienCM1950, Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear CAWorldtraveler,

Thank you for sharing your perspectives. Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments to ensure we consistently maintain our quality procedures and service standards. Please note that this is not the standard we hold ourselves to and your constructive feedback will most definitely be shared with our Associates. We hope that if you consider returning to Chiang Mai, you will contact us directly so we may assist with your personal room and amenity preferences for a more refreshing stay.

Warm Regards,
Gregory Anderson – General

Been to Le Meridien Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!