“Welcoming and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PJ's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
PJ's Place
You added PJ's Place to your Saves list
19, Soi Plubplueng | Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand   |
Ranked #15 of 542 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Welcoming and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

Peter and Jiab were wonderful hosts and have created a lovely B&B. Unfortunately, a large condo building is being built across the street. My upstairs room with bath was comfortable; WiFi fast; nice breakfast. The location is a bit of a walk to the old city, but is close to the cool design district, which I would not have discovered if I did not stay at PJ's. Jiab not only picked me up from the airport but also delivered me to the bus station. They were also kind enough to allow me to leave my bag at the place when I took a side trip out of Chiang Mai.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Spent last Christmas at PJ's Place for 4 nights. Living are and 1/2 bath on first floor, bedroom and full bath upstairs. Room was spotless and cozy. Peter and Jiab were wonderful hosts that never made you feel like your requests were a burden. Have stayed in other places in Chiang Mai on previous visits but this was a favorite.

If you plan on taking a tour, Jiab guided ours and he made the tour we took with him a great day out........Thanks Guys

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

This is our second visit to PJs Place - we spent 10 days enjoying Chiang Mai and also visiting the golden Triangle (organised by PJ). The villa accommodation is beautiful with everything you need. It is spotlessly clean. The service at breakfast is very attentive and nothing is ever too much trouble. Location is good with easy access to the old city as well as the newly opened Maya shopping centre which is 10 mins walk. We would certainly recommend PJs Place and am sure we will be back again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Lorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

It was great to come back to PJs and see Peter and Jiab and their friendly staff again. The rooms are really great, although I don't remember the mattress being so hard! Breakfast is a treat here and of course you can relax in the garden too and chat to other guests. The building work on adjacent condos is almost complete now, which will help return the Place to a bit more serenity. I love the bird calls in the morning, unusual for a city. Lots to do nearby and their are always PJs tours if you want to get out of town.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Peter and Jiab are so friendly and welcoming. I would recommend PJ's place to anyone who wants to have a pleasurable stay in Chiang Mai. Their employees were also extremely nice. At no additional cost, Jiab picked us up and dropped us off at the airport.

We really enjoyed how focused Peter and Jiab were on our happiness. They suggested restaurants, bars, and activities to make our stay enjoyable. I can honestly say that we cannot wait to come back and visit again, hopefully for a longer time.

Our room was well appointed, very clean, and showed that a high level of attention to detail.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Trang Province, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

It's been several years since I've been to visit Jiab &Peter at PJ's place and I can truly say there's still a lot of Love behind that big gate!

Often times we visit a hotel or restaurant and have a great experience the first time only to return and find things aren't quite the same. NOT SO here. Still awesome service, first class accommodations and PJ's "must do" breakfast.

PJ's remains very convenient to all the "must do and see" attractions Chiangmai has to offer.

Thanks PJ's for honoring the old "Thai Style" service that has been long forgotten in many establishments throughout the Kingdom. See you next time....

Room Tip: All rooms good.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

I stayed for 6 nights and loved the place. Both Peter and Jiab were the ideal hosts, where nothing was too difficult. They picked me up and dropped me off at the airport (at no extra cost), helped with finding my way around Chiang Mai and were genuinely interested in ensuring I had a good time.

The accommodation was excellent, with everything you would expect in a top accommodation, but at a much lower cost. Breakfast was plentiful and served quite fast. It took me a day or so to familiriase myself with Chiang Mai (this was my first time there), but after my initial doubts about the location of PJ's, I actually found the location quite central.

I would definately come back here.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to PJ's Place? Share your experiences!