“A beautiful retreat with charming hosts.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PJ's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
PJ's Place
You added PJ's Place to your Saves list
19, Soi Plubplueng | Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 502 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“A beautiful retreat with charming hosts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had two short but lovely days visiting Chiang Mai and this was a real find for a guest house. We had two rooms - one a suite and another a double bedroom. The hosts are a wonderful friendly gay friendly team and every detail was covered and spotlessly clean. This place well deserves it's popularity and rating. Wish all places were like it when we travel !! Thank you Jiab & Peter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This has got to be one of the best vacation accomodations we have encountered in our many travels. We read the great reviews and took our chances of having our dates available, and we were glad that they did. On the ride from the airport, Jiab was keen to point out the restaurants and bars that were close by, which was a nice touch. The property is beautiful, and quiet, and if you get one of the apartment style suites, you even get a private back yard.

The place is immaculately clean, and Peter, Jiab and their employees really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. We had booked an early morning tour of at the Pattera Elephant Camp, and knowing that we needed to eat prior, Jiab woke up early to ensure that we ate a decent breakfast before leaving. That is customer service that you rarely see anywhere in North America.

Jiab also took us to the Wat up the Mountain. With his guidance, we learned more about bhuddism than we had in the prior Wat tours we had been on.
If we are ever back in Chaing Mai, we would not hestitate to stay here again.

Our only regret is that we left chaing mai so early in the morning, that in our haste, we forgot to tip the boys who cleaned up after us and provided such wonderful service at breakfast. We really do feel bad about this so I hope they can forgive us...

HINT: They have cans of Off mosquito repellent on the outstide tables. Please do yourself a favor and use it. I failed to do so, and three weeks later Im still suffering from numerous mosquito bites!

HINT: If it is your first time in Chaing Mai, keep in mind that the only form of public transportation are tuk tuks and some form of buses that are actually pick up trucks with a covering on the back.

Cheers!
Doug and Jim

Room Tip: The apartment style suites (with an upstairs bedroom), have the king sized beds. But the mattresses...
Maleny, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

From the bookings by email to the drop-off at the airport, this was by far the best experience in Thailand.
Jiab greeted us with a huge smile at the airport, and made us most welcome at his and Peter's home and guesthouse. My partner and I were upgraded to a suite unit, but would have been very happy with just a room, as we didn't actually use the extra rooms available in the suite, but it was most kind of them.
We found it very easy to get transport into the old city, the markets and places of interest, just walk out to the main road in 3 minutes, and hail a passing tuk tuk or red truck. On the way back just tell the driver that you want to go to the Dome Hotel, as the PJ's Place is directly behind the Dome.
The gardens and grounds are a great tropical wonderland, ( so many ideas for my home garden), and the breakfast served quickly and well presented, by cute and well trained guys.
The cleanliness was much appreciated by all of us, thank you guy, so much.
Thanks to Peter and Jiab for making our stay in Chiang Mai so nice.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Two years ago I stayed at P.J.'s place by myself in a regular room. This year my husband joined me as we were honeymooning. I gave a rating of 5 circles last time, but in my opinion, that's a bit high. 4.5 would be good. For this stay, I pick 4 circles and that evens it out. First, I agree with everyone that Peter and Jiab are excellent hosts. They pick you up at the airport and take you right to their place. They offer tours with no hard sell. We had a suite this year, and it is simply lovely without necessarily being extremely comfortable. The shower has heat for water, but not the sink. And it is a small shower. To shave, you must do so in the shower, with no mirror. Thankfully I know where my face is! One has to climb stairs (many times!) in a suite. The woodwork is lovely. The bed is not the most comfortable, and the TV's seem old. A flat screen upgrade would add some elegance. Breakfast is served to order by very cute employees. Unlike the old Coffee Boy, there is no attempt to sell P.J.'s as a sex place or have guys lounging around. What would be nice is a contract with some tuk tuk drivers. It's a bit of a walk to the main street, and then sometimes a gamble for a tuk tuk. We one night settled for a baht bus who promised to take us to Adam's Apple, but we ended up stranded in the boondocks with little hope of getting back. A contracted tuk tuk driver would know where the gay bars are. One gets used to the walk to the street though, and I still can heartily recommend P.J.s Place.

Room Tip: The grounds are lushly landscaped, so get a room with a window on the garden.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

First I truly want to thank Peter&Jiab for their kindness, service and professionalism they provided during my stay in Chiang Mai. As a first time visitor I was extremely glad that I chose to stay at their B&B due that they were able to help me and become familiar with Chiang Mai. Also they provided me with options to take one of their many tours without a hard selling approach. It was all up to me if I wanted or not. They were not pushy at all!. Please get the suite!, I didnt get to see the regular rooms but I liked the feeling of having a suite with a first and second floor. My suite was clean and neat during my stay . Their helpers were kind and wonderful with me all the time.
Pros: great price with great service worth every penny
Cons: I cant find any! maybe the only thing for me it was to realize where in Chiang Mai everything is "happening" so I still wonder if PJ Place was the ideal place to stay in regards to being a good strategic location to stay, but even if it wasnt I would still stay there because I enjoyed it

If you are reading this and want a nice B&B "family" place please do not hesitate!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The owners of this excellent property went out of their way to make sure my friend and I had a great stay. Within minutes of arrival we were familiarized with the area and activities that interested us. While Peter & Jiab offer all sorts of tours, there was no hard-sell (if you're happy they're happy). We were lucky enough to get the last two rooms available a few weeks before our trip - which is the only real negative, the place is great so it books out quickly! Halfway through the stay we wished we'd booked in for more nights...so book early and make sure to give yourself enough nights to relax and enjoy both the city and PJ's.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lorca, Murcia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Peter and Jiab really helped make our stay in Chiang Mai a really great and enjoyable experience.
The rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished, with tea making facilities and excellent wifi.

I would recommend staying here if you can.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to PJ's Place? Share your experiences!