“Beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 137 Reviews
pune
“Beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Just by the riverside, this hotel has that "resort" touch to it. We stayed in the room by the lawn and pool. The hotel staff is extremely helpful. The room was sparkling clean, and footwear was not allowed inside. Which was fine by us as we respected their policy in keeping the rooms clean and dust free.
Breakfast was basic, but it was more than enough for us, as we were rushing out to take our flight back.
They even arranged a day trip for us for the Tribal village, orchid gardens and tiger kingdom.
I even used the massage place next door for a relaxing Thai massage.
Step out of the place, and the view of the river by night is beautiful. Walk along and there are lovely places to eat.
I'd stay there again if I returned!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 deluxe rooms, each with an extra bed for our party of 6 for four nights.
We arrived in Chiang Mai very early on Monday morning after taking the overnight bus. I planned to ask if we could leave our bags until check in, but when we arrived they said our rooms were ready and we could check in. So we checked in at about 7 am! This was a great surprise and allowed us to take showers and freshen up before heading out for the day.
Breakfast was simple and basic. We paid for the yogurt and muesli as well as some eggs and lattes on some mornings, all of which were good.
Our kids loved the pool, which while small is great for playing around and cooling off. We went once or twice each day we were there. I enjoyed sitting on the lounge chairs in the sun while watching the kids, knowing that I I had to jump in to help out I could be to either of them in seconds.
The beds were very hard (the same at all our hotels on this trip) but sheets and blankets were clean.
We used their laundry service twice and had no problems with that.
In addition to the nearby 7-11, there is a great grocery store just around the corner.
We used their tour booking service for a number of outings, all of which we enjoyed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This place was fine.
The good, nice room, nice warm blankets, hot shower, tv, air conditioning, basic breakfast, wifi, security and nice staff.

The bad, ants all over the floor and even though you can walk to the main city it's hard to get a tuk tuk back because they think it's too far. The beds are also hard as rock, but this is something that I found at 4 out of the 6 places we stayed so I think it's a thailand thing. There's also construction going on next door so if you plan to sleep late, this could be an issue.

To book, we emailed and when we arrived late, security took us up to our room and it was all very smooth. I'd actually give this place a 3.5 and probably stay there again if I couldn't find something more similar value inner city. It's also close to many restaurants,I'd recommend dukes just down the street, it had some really outstanding North American food (something I missed!)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

i stayed in here for 3 days during the yi peng and the location was great (7-11 was a few metres away and it was right in the middle of where everything was taking place near the iron bridge. in saying that, it got quite loud of course and sometimes you can't sleep till 2am until the fireworks have died down. the bed was also quite stiff but for 800 baht a day it's not a bed designed to give you good lumbar support.

it was a bit hard for tuk tuk drivers to find out where this is though.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mae Sot, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nothing special, but ok if you only want to sleep in your room. The place lacks Thai atmosphere, the rooms are a bit old and smell horribly (desinfection), the ac is loud, the road is noisy, the pool is ok to cool off but not to sit and relax. The breakfast (buffet) was not that good, they charge extra for eggs, the coffee was horrible. There was a big construction site next door.
However, staff was very nice and helpful and it's perfect if you want to be close to the night basar. There are nicer places for that price in Chiang Mai, for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Truly, staying at Riverside House is like a home away from home. I stayed here 8 months ago and in that time I've noted upgrades of internet, signage and other details that give the place an alive, clean, attractive feel. The staff have become like friends, always remembering me and giving me a genuine warm welcome back. Riverside, you have my top vote!

Room Tip: Standard rooms suit me fine, but by paying a little more and upgrading to a superior room, you get c...