“New location but still amazing...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #419 of 8,068 Restaurants in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 255 Reviews
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: AUTHENTIC FRENCH CUISINEOpened since August 2006 and recently relocated in the lobby of the distinguished Athénée Tower, amidst the vibrant, easily accessible neighbourhood of Ploenchit and Wireless, Le Beaulieu is the culmination of acclaimed chef Hervé Frerard’s culinary expertise. Le Beaulieu is a fine French restaurant serving convivial, made-to-be-shared and delicious food in a casual, yet cozy, setting. From premium Fines de Claire oysters to the humble bouillabaisse, roasted Bresse chicken, homemade pâtés or côte de boeuf, chef Hervé meticulously brings out the detail and simplicity of his food by highlighting the quality produce sourced from France, Europe, Thailand and around the world. The desserts provide an appropriate denouement to a lovely meal including: last-minute cooked soufflé, slow-cooked nectarines, crème brûlée and baked apple tarte. Every dish has been refined to bring out the rich flavors and textures of the fine ingredients used.
Lyon, France
“New location but still amazing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was glad to discover the new Le Beaulieu near the Plaza Athenee.Nice decoration with pastry
corner and a terrasse at the back of the restaurant with a beautiful bar and beautful people..
The menu is always delicious and original with the Chef Touch.The service is impeccable as usual even for the Set Lunch .It is a nice place for romance,business or with friends with the bar
and the terrasse.Great wine list as well and cocktails .You can appreciate more the place in the evening as you can choose a la carte and for the atmosphere

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Singapore
“A little bit of France in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been to Le Beaulieu many times over the last couple of years, and aside of a piece of slightly overcooked fish, there is only satisfaction from all our visits.

The bread is excellent and the desserts unforgettable. I have not tried that many main courses from the ala carte menu, but the fish and lamb are always good. The seafood boullabaise and braised beef cheek are a little too heavy for my liking though.

Chef Herve and Floor Manager Q always give you a very warm welcome and let you feel comfortable, so do drop by if you happen to be in Bangkok!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Pole
“Overrated, check your bill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went there for lunch on a Saturday. Perhaps it's located at an office building, there were not so many customers. The atmosphere was cozy and relaxing. We sat down and noticed that we were not served with napkins. We looked around at other tables. It seemed that some were served with paper napkins while some with cloth napkins. We were perplexed at this basic service in a proper restaurant.
One of the servers came to refill our drinks. Instead of standing next to my friend, she did it by stretching out her arm across the table. I needed to sat straight and still to let her finish it. I did not appreciate it.
Food was average but not impressive. The Wagyu Beef Cheek was soft but a bit rough in texture.
The bill was so messy. We eventually found out that we were overcharged by 25%. It’s a really bad experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
JeremyDNB, Manager at Le Beaulieu, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I would sincerely like to apologize for the inconveniences you have faced during your lunch with us at Le Beaulieu. Rest assured that your feedback has been discussed internally and your comments have been taken very seriously and addressed in order to deliver the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Le Beaulieu is renowned for.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback from your lunch with us. We do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Beaulieu in the near future, and I am certain we will be able to redeem ourselves on the next occasion.

Quentin Fougeroux
“Can do much better (lunch set menu)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

First of all, I must say that my review is only concerning the lunch set menu as this probably different than ordering A la Carte in the evening.

I must also emphasize the fact that I have been in the past on a few occasions to this restaurant in the past (in their previous location) and was never disappointed. I did recommend this restaurant to many of my friends.

This being said I was slightly disappointed of my last visit towards the end of April.
The set menu had increased to 1250 baht ++ which is fine if you get really good service and great food.

I was first pleasantly surprised that we were allowed to take 3 courses whatever the courses were.
I personnaly took a burrata which was bad to say the least as it was dry and not creamy at all. A basic mozzarella would have been better.
Then I had a foie gras with an apple chutney which was ok but really nothing special.
Luckily the main course was much better. I took a beef cheek in red wine sauce and that was just excellent, one of the best I ever had. (I did take bee cheek in the past at Le Beaulieu and it was very good too). The only problem was that the portion was really small - my wife had quite a bigger portion - so they may need to review the way they portion the dishes.
There nothing to say about the service, it did not impress me but I also did not yhink the service was bad.

Overall, it was ok but you could expect much better from it, as I used to be very impressed of their set lunch menu in their previous location which was at that time at 850 baht ++

I believe I will go back again one day, as any restaurant as sometimes its bad day, but for a restaurant such as Le Beaulieu it is quite disappointing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
JeremyDNB, Manager at Le Beaulieu, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would sincerely like to apologize to hear that your lunch with us at Le Beaulieu has left you disappointed. Rest assured that your feedback has been discussed internally and your comments have been taken very seriously and addressed in order to deliver the high standards of food quality and service delivery that Le Beaulieu is renowned for.

Regarding the price of the lunch, our "a la carte brunch" menu at 1,250++ is served on Saturday only, and we are pleased to inform the we still offer on weekdays our set menu at 695++ as we used to do in our previous location.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback from your lunch with us and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Le Beaulieu and I am certain that we will be able to redeem ourselves on the next occasion.

Best regards

Quentin Fougeroux
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Not for Me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am not French or an expert on French food, but the Pigeon and the Beef Cheek were not eatable, we both did not finish the plates and I couldn't stop to think how terrible it was for hours. Don't order this two plates. At least the waitress was very nice there and the artichoke soup was fine.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
JeremyDNB, Manager at Le Beaulieu, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review from your recent visit to our Le Beaulieu restaurant.

I certainly regret that your recent experience at Le Beaulieu has left you feeling disappointed. Our restaurant has been praised for the quality of the food, and both dishes you mentioned have always been our guests favorites. We do hope moreover that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our culinary experience and our service standards.

I look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to Le Beaulieu and I am certain that we will be able to redeem ourselves on the next occasion.