“Excellent food in an excellent setting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #251 of 7,821 restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: AUTHENTIC FRENCH CUISINEOpened since August 2006 and recently relocated in the lobby of the distinguished Athénée Tower, amidst the vibrant, easily accessible neighbourhood of Ploenchit and Wireless, Le Beaulieu is the culmination of acclaimed chef Hervé Frerard’s culinary expertise. Le Beaulieu is a fine French restaurant serving convivial, made-to-be-shared and delicious food in a casual, yet cozy, setting. From premium Fines de Claire oysters to the humble bouillabaisse, roasted Bresse chicken, homemade pâtés or côte de boeuf, chef Hervé meticulously brings out the detail and simplicity of his food by highlighting the quality produce sourced from France, Europe, Thailand and around the world. The desserts provide an appropriate denouement to a lovely meal including: last-minute cooked soufflé, slow-cooked nectarines, crème brûlée and baked apple tarte. Every dish has been refined to bring out the rich flavors and textures of the fine ingredients used.
“Excellent food in an excellent setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our first meal in Bangkok and I dare say one of the finest in our 4 days there. We walked from our hotel, the Renaissance and worked up a suitably good appetite.

We had the set lunch for about 700 baht. Pretty expensive compared to what you can get out on the street, but then this is fine French dining, and it sure was very fine! The frog legs were especially delicious.

The place was packed at lunch with the business crowd, so bookings are essential. It is a very classy restaurant, food was excellent and service was prompt and polite. We would've gone back for another meal if we had had more time. We will return for sure on our next trip. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thaïlande
“Still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Since the re opening of Le beaulieu and the new address , I have been dining a few times there. Chef herve is still a magician when we talk about food, high quality product , amazing flavors , the food served at Le Beaulieu is as good for the mouth as the eyes , great combination in new dishes and classic cuisine.Service may not be as good as a 3 starts michelin but this is Bangkok and the staff is nice enough to make you forget about the rest . The new Terrace next to the restaurant is perfect for a drink or coffee .

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Lunch at LB with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was travelling on a golfing trip with a number of friends and we were looking for a unique dining experience. Saturday lunch at LB and we were certainly not dissapointed. We had all experienced the "old LB" and were keen to see how the new restaurant had evolved. A lot of care, love and planning has gone into the design layout. I especially loved the large mural style painting that depicts chef Herve. Its also got a feeling of spaciousness given the extremely high ceiling and open upper level access. So far so good.....what is the food like??? its fantastic, for a set lunc the range of dishes and diversity managed to impress all our group. I had the Alaskan Crab Rissoto, Lamb Rack and the Strawberries to finish. All accompanied by some great wines. It was a great afternoon had by all so I would certainly recommend you give it a try. Perfect for all occasions.

Bangkok, Thailand
“great food with hit and miss service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Despite the service being a little wonky, classic things like telling you you don't have a reservation when they have confirmed it on line ( luckily I had a copy of the confirmation) clearing some peoples plates before others are finished and delivering some peoples food and then not the others for 5 minutes, and staff lapsing into Thai when there is only one Thai person at the table and that person is not the host Le Beaulieu is worth the visit for the quality of the food.
The millefeuille is one of the best I have ever had with a delightful crispness and creaminess at the same time. The set lunch is a great deal

Bangkok
“Great Thai hospitality with French cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wow, what a service. I arrived a little bit late at the restaurant due the typical Bangkok traffic, it was my first time at the restaurant and the hostess knew who I was and guided me to the table where my host was waiting. Great service, the staff know their products, they have a real smile, good recommendation of the wine. As a business man I do not have too much time to have lunch, but the three course menu was served in less than one hour! What do I have to say about the food, I cannot say anything about it because still my mouth enjoy all the three dishes that I had. You have to experience it by yourself. I will not hesitate to recommend Le Beaulieu to anyone, it was great. Thank you all for the great lunch!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere