“Clean Basic accomodation in Silom steps from Chong Nonsi BTS Station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Om Yim Lodge

You added Om Yim Lodge to your Saves list
Om Yim Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72-74 Naratiwat Rd | Silom, Bangkok, Thailand (Bang Rak)   |
Ranked #365 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
New York City, New York
“Clean Basic accomodation in Silom steps from Chong Nonsi BTS Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This small hotel is simple and clean with a little restaurant in a quiet4 story building. There is no elevator but there is a porter that carried my bags up since my room was on the 3rd floor. The room (Rm 31) was clean and had a 32 inch flatscreen tv, and faced the street with a small bath with shower. The AC worked well although I didn't like that it pointed directly to the head of the bed so you always had this cold air blowing on you.
Om Yim Lodge is just off Silom Road so you don't get all the crowds yet only a 5-10 min walk to the bars, clubs, restaurants etc. There is no joiner fee. I had breakfast and lunch a couple times in the hotel restaurant. The staff is very friendly and polite, and was always willing to give information/directions as well as hailed a cab for airport, etc; since most cab drivers unfortunately do not speak English this was helpful.
Getting here from the airport was a snap since the BTS Chong Nonsi Skystation is steps from the property. It takes about an hour from BKK Airport. Take exit 3 when you come off the train and you will run right into it! .

Room Tip: Better to face the front!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my partner and I have to say that following some great reviews on trip advisor I was really disappointed with Om Yim Lodge. Perhaps I was expecting too much, but I have to say that our experience wasnt great. The room was extremely outdated and not prepared for our arrival (which was late, so they had plenty of time!) - we didnt have towels in the bathroom and the safe was already locked, so we had to watch while the receptionist opened it in front of us. The bathroom was pretty dingy and the shower was rubbish - its a good job that the bed was at least comfortable enough.

The cleanliness of the room was ok, but again look closer and you will find corners filled with dust and hairs, and all together it could do with a good scrub down. The weird thing about this place is that if you want the room to be scrubbed down, you can pay an additional fee to have a deep clean of the room - I have never heard of this before and find it quite offensive to think that they offer such a service - shouldnt the room be clean in the first place?!

Breakfast was not included, but for the price you pay to stay here, I think it would a be a nice and accepted touch that it is included. The morning we decided to eat there I had to watch the female receptionist put on her make up at the bar and squeeze some pimples - not pleasant one little bit! The staff were fine, but again my interaction with them wasnt something I would remember.

Location was good, right next to chong nonsi subway station but for $40 a night I think you could do better elsewhere. We had a much nicer place on our return to Bangkok for the same price and it included breakfast.

All together our stay was fine, but I would not return here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OmYimLodge, Owner at Om Yim Lodge, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments about Omyim Lodge, I appreciate all feedback even if it happens to appear rather negative.
As owner and manager, I completely agree with your main concern regarding "Deep Cleaning" therefore, after speaking to all of my staff, I am of the conclusion that some miscommunication had obviously taken place, as at no time during seven years of service to our guests has there ever been, or ever will be, a request made by us, such as you mention.
The decor of our rooms is in keeping with "traditional" Thai style, which our web site clearly shows; we do not attempt to be "glitzy or glamorous" just comfortable, convenient and with as many amenities as possible included in the room price, breakfast not being one of them, but still available until late afternoon if required. Most of our guests agree, that free wifi in all rooms, and no extra charge for an "unexpected" overnight guest is a much better deal.
Finally I would like to apologise that your room was not quite ready for your arrival. This was due to the very late departure of the previous occupant, who in haste, re locked the safe. It was no problem for us to open it for you as each room safe has its own individual management security code and key, which are kept secure at all times.

With kind regards,
Suchart P.

Proprietor
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my second time staying here in the space of about eight months and also my second review. I can't remember what I wrote the first time but obviously I liked it enough to come back!

It's in a great location and it's comfortable, clean and secure... The staff have all been very friendly and polite. There are some problems with the rooms. I remember last time the shower didn't work well. This time the room I was in had a bad smell and the air-con was leaking all over the floor, but the staff very kindly moved me to a better room as soon as one was available.

I really recommend staying here ... Considering the price, it's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the larger rooms. The smaller rooms (at least the one i was in) have the air...
Havana, Cuba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found the hotel very friendly, reasonable rates & convinient location which was central & near Skytrain station. Breakfast was good and available till late noon, though not included in room rate was reasonably priced. Staff helped with luggage to room as there is no lift. Has an attached small restaurant too. Room cleaned when ever you were ready to go out. Only no running hot water to shave etc in bathroom sink. Shower runns on automatic pressure power to warm water. All in all, no complaints & may return there, if I decide to visit Bangkok again.

Room Tip: Room I got was at the back, so I had no problem of any street noise of traffic etc.
Goteed1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

For the price and location this is a really good deal. I paid $40 a night for a fairly big comfortable room. It's worn around the edges and could use some updating but for what you pay, it's a fantastic deal.

Staff was mostly friendly, some problems with understanding English, but I got through it.

One point to make is that the sinks in the bathroom DO NOT have hot water, you have to get that from the shower (Pain to shave this way for me) Also you have to make sure the hot water is actually turned on in the shower as well.

Aircon worked like a charm and bed was comfortable. Windows are double paned, so even though my room faced a busy street, never heard a peep inside the room. Location is right in front of the Chong Nonsi BTS, very easy to get around. (Actually took the train from the airport here and had no problems at all) Very easy access to Silom and many other popular points.

I had breakfast in the restaurant one morning and the service was quick and friendly, the food was kind of underwhelming.

All in all, great place for budget stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm currently on my 5th stay (Nov. 2012) at the Om Yim. Rarely have I seen such value coupled with caring, friendly and helpful staff. I feel safe here and if I have a problem, even one not related the property, the staff and owner are very responsive. Centrally located and convenient to Silom. Rooms are spotless, AC always works and the laundry service returns my cleaned clothes within 24 hours. There are only 12 rooms on this property.

This is a "straight-friendly" hotel. The vast majority of guests seem to be gay. Smoking is not allowed on the property. On-site restaurant serves an well-prepared variety of Thai and Western dishes. ]

And finally....I am not a paid endorser, just a very satisfied guest.

Room Tip: This property books up fast. Get your reservations in early. There is no elevator (lift) so this...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed here at Om Yim Lodge now 4 time and every time I have found the the Staff friendly and very helpful. An Aussie manager.
Om Yim is only 100 metres or so from BTS Chong Nonsi Station. A Taxi ramp and bus stop at their door.
Excellent location Close to Restaurants, McDonalds, 7-Eleven's and a short walk to Silom and shops.
Their restaurant has a good selection of Thai and western food, including a decent breakfast at a very modest cost. Thai Breakfast for me 10 out of 10.
If you bring a guest back as well there is no additional fee like you may find with other hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Om Yim Lodge? Share your experiences!