“A house that makes you happy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of happy guest house

You added happy guest house to your Saves list
happy guest house
46 Soi chanasongkhram, PraArthit Road, Pranakorn, Bangkok 10200, Thailand   |
Ranked #215 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“A house that makes you happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is my second time I've been to Bangkok and the second time I have stayed at happy house. Happy House is a great place to stay if you are on a budget. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant serves very nice well price food and the waiters create a nice and welcoming environment. The rooms are perfect size, with hot water and a/c (which is great when you are still adjusting to the heat) and a reasonable comfortable bed.

Would highly recommend this Guesthouse as one of my favorite places to stay in Bangkok!

Room Tip: Standard Room with A/C :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

June 16, 2013 - We went there to check out the available rooms. The receptionist gave us keys for Room 323 and 222 with quoted prices as 630 Bahts for 323 and 550 Bahts for 222. I did not notice any difference so I asked the receptionist and he answered "Just the size of the TV. Room 323 has bigger TV compared to Room 222" Hence, we made reservations for Room 22 for two nights 17-18 of June.

June 17, 2013 - We went to check in but they gave us Room 214 with no TV. We requested the room we reserved Room 222 but they said Room 222 is 630Bahts. We told them the arrangement we did yesterday and the price that was given to us. To our disappointment, the staff on duty did not give any effort whatsoever in helping us or even clarifying the issue. It feels like they are ripping us off, trying to get more money from us. We asked to speak to the Manager and a lady talked to us claiming she is the manager and telling us she cannot do anything. Later on, she then admitted that she is not the Manager and that the Manager is too busy to waste his time on us. "He has better things to do". Well so much for customer service.

Do not accept their words, they don't mean anything. Even if they write it down on their book, it does not mean anything at all. They do not keep their words and they will do everything to get more money from you. They advertise "24hours Thai hospitality" but I don't think so. I guess I appear to them as someone incapable to pay as I am a Filipino and I am not Caucasian hence I don't need to be given good service like everyone else they catered nicely.

This is the worst service I have ever encountered in my life.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked this out of the blue, and was very glad. I selected a private room with bath and a/c, and it was reasonable. The location is right by the river, which means you can take a river boat, or walk behind and down the alley to get to good shopping at little vendors and i found some great items.... keep going through the short cut and visit a gorgeous wat. In other words, if you go for a walk-around you will find some little treasures just in the neighborhood. As for the hostel, the walls are a bit thin, but the staff is friendly and helpful. It is a little hard to find, even for taxis, but the hostel has business cards with a map, be sure to grab a few!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

+ Very well located: 5 min walk from Kaosan rd, 1 min from ferry pier, a lot of night markets, massage places, restaurants, bars…
For the price, it is clean enough. It’s quiet and you can sleep ok.
Staff is ok.
You can book train tickets from Erawan agency just next door.

- Our room had a window opening on a wall, but that’s ok for us bc we’re used to this in HK.
Wifi only in the lobby.
There is 1000baths deposit for the key.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We transferred here because the first guesthouse where we stayed was really bad. Good thing there were rooms available to accommodate us. Our stay here was better. The rooms were clean but small (with A/C, TV and hot shower). The staff was ok. The location was good because it’s at the center of everything. There’s only one (but minimal) thing which bothered us in our stay here. We can hear in our room the noises of drunk people at the establishments below and near the guesthouse at night. But if you don’t mind the noise, stay here. It’s a cheap and ok accommodation just near KSR.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Asia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place has possibly the cheapest air-con rooms in the area. Not big, no TV. No real window but if you need air-con then this is the place.
I remember when this place opened and I have eaten here a few times. The food is standard backpacker style and they have a few beer offers.
The people who work in the restaurant seemed very nice.
The KSR area was very quiet and this place I guess was 50% full.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here one night in a 680B room (after also being told it was the only one available) and had no problems. Room was ok, seemed clean, tv and AC.
However the night before we left I asked to make a reservation for 2 nights time, I was told this was not possible. Again in the morning I was told this was not possible - not due to a lack of rooms, simply because I couldn't do this?!
They told me to ring the day before I returned, I think this is pretty stupid and a waste of my time and money, but foolishly I did it.

Our second night there we were in the cheaper room which smelt bad, was considerably smaller and not clean.
When we checked out we were charged 15B per bag to be left in their luggage facility for only 4hours. Ridiculous!!

The lazy, unhelpful, rude staff ruined this experience, don't bother staying here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to happy guest house? Share your experiences!