“great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok to your Saves list
Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BTS Asoke Station | 16 Rachadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #64 of 751 hotels in Bangkok
white rock, b.c.
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

we stayed at the park plaza in feb. for 3 nights, everything was very good, great location, nice place with roof top pool., staff friendly and helpful. we also requested a room on our way back home in mar., they were very accommodating to us, as we arrived at 4a.m.and got us into our rooms at that time .....would stay there again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

1,642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Uppsala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

We stayed in this hotel last week for 3 nights. It is an excellent hotel! Great service, clean and stylish rooms, comfortable beds, good location, great breakfast etc. We stayed in the larger corner room and it was very nice! I have only positive comments!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

As others have said, the location is excellent; close to the Skytrain and the MRT (though we didn't use it). The decor is contemporary in style and high quality. We stayed in a deluxe corner room, a good size, with a gorgeous huge bath and shower.

Breakfast is very good and the bar can knock up a pretty decent cocktail, but the real difference is the staff. They were unfailingly pleasant and helpful to us and especially our young children. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

The rooftop pool is a pleasant spot for a quick dip, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

Overall my stay was not unpleasant, but the location is not optimal and I think the hotel needs to re-examine it's customer service attitude. When we first arrived, my friend and I had requested two separate beds. They informed us that they had us in one King bed. It turned out that our room had single beds that are simply joined together to make a King, so they could have chosen to have them separated that night. However, they refused and said that we would have to wait until the following day when the room was being cleaned. Seemed awfully tacky when it would have literally taken them 10 minutes to fix the problem. When we were checking out, my friend met me at the hotel about 10 minutes after I got there, and the hotel staff must have asked me about 3 times in that 10 minutes whether my friend planned on settling our dinner bill from the night before (we had already pre-paid the hotel rooom and just needed to take care of dinner). Every time I would re-assure them that, yes, we were planning on paying, they'd look at me suspiciously. The dinner bill, by the way, was 12 dollars. Given that we could obviously afford $500 to stay in the room, and that the hotel was stowing all of our luggage, it was not likely that we may run off with their 12 dollars. Finally- the location- good for access to the train, but bad in every other way. There is nothing to do in that area, and we had to pass by stray dogs and homeless people to get in and out of the hotel. I left wishing that we had payed just a little bit more for a nicer hotel in a nicer location...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

I agree with the majority of what others say; Great location, very contemporary decor, comfortable beds, clean rooms, etc.

But, having stayed at many of Bangkok's 5 star properties, this is not one of them. This is a good 4 star, at a nice price !

My main complaint is sound proofing. All rooms are within 10 meters of the elevators (Yes, its a small hotel in terms of footprint), so any people traffic can be easily heard from your room. Also, when the door to the adjacent room opens and closes, you think its yours ! (I was(am) in room 501)).

Perhaps the most unusual compaint, is that my bed is on wheels on a hardwood floor ! I'm a good sized guy and every time I get in and out of bed, I end up with the bed flying to one side of the room or the other. If I was single and had been 'entertaining', this would have been a real problem.

Other than these minor gripes, its definitely great value for money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I came back to Bangkok for 2 weeks in March after being here two nights in December 2008. I booked Park Plaza for the entire stay. Access to Skytrain, superior service / friendly staff and condition of property are all points that have been made by many reviewers of this hotel. I'll take it one step further and mention by name that Rose, Beer , Samak ( manager ) , Patrick ( night manager ) , Pensri ( restaurant manager ) ,
Wan ( restaurant ) , Jeab ( restaurant ) and Nit ( restaurant ) are all people who have gone the extra mile for me many, many times. Also Aom , June and every person on the staff in the lobby/reception. My apologies for anyone I have not mentioned by name that deserves recognition. The doorman , as well, are consistently friendly and salute you every single time you come and go. The housekeepers are exceptional and , as with everyone, very friendly. This hotel personifies and exemplifies Thai hospitality. I have made friends with several of the aforementioned folks and hope that Park Plaza remains in the # 1 spot on tripadvisor.com for Bangkok hotels because this property deserves it. There is not a single thing that is lacking at Park Plaza for my requirements in a comfortable and safe haven within the city of Bangkok. Whatever you need, ask and you shall receive at Park Plaza, and always with a sincerity and a smile.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

The rooms were extremely comfortable, the staff exceptionally helpful and the location a 3 minute walk to the skytrain. I loved the rooftop pool for a late afternoon refreshing dip. The restaurant had 50% off for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok? Share your experiences!