“Good hotel with good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok

You added Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok to your Saves list
Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BTS Asoke Station | 16 Rachadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #99 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
“Good hotel with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I particularly like the free flow juices provided at the bar on its 2nd floor. It makes me feel refreshed after a busy day. The staff are very warm and helpful. The location is about 15 min walk from Asoke station.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Richard,

Thank you for highlighting our special facilities available for all guest. There is no need to book a club room or executive floor, every one has access to the second floor Co2 restaurant refreshment corner. Coffee, the juice and light snacks are available all day all for all... We are glad you enjoyed the refreshment and atmosphere of the lounge area.

We look forward welcoming you soon in Bangkok

reservations.bangkok@parkplaza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Comberton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We mainly chose the hotel because of the excellent facilities including the roof top swimming pool... We were traveling from the UK to New Zealand and an overnight stop was called for. The welcome drink on arrival was very refreshing...The hotel was very clean, very friendly and excellent value for money. The staff were very helpful and eager to please and nothing was too much trouble for them. The restaurant offered quality Thai food...which was great.
We made use of the pool and were the only ones enjoying a relaxing evening swim...

I would recommend this hotel and indeed intend to visit again...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok. We are glad you had a stop over in the city of Angel and get a chance to visit us.
The roof top pool is indeed very relaxing and offer an terrific view of Sukhumvit area especially at Sun set.

We do hope you will be back with us on your return and have a chance to stay little bit longer. Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservations.bangkok@parkplaza.com

We all look forward welcoming you shortly.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel gets a 5/5 but I would give more if I could! We were extremely happy with the room, but even more so with the staff and service we received. The reception staff went out of their way to find us a money exchange center at midnight when we needed it - and literally chased us 2 blocks down the road to give us some extra information they had found out after we left in search of it. They were also more than happy to keep our suitcase for 3 days (even though we were not returning to this hotel) when we checked out, since we were going to Cambodia and didn't need all our luggage with us.

PROS:
- Lovely spacious and modern room, comfy bed, enjoyable shower and all VERY clean
- Perfect location, right next to BTS station
- Amazing staff and service, they went out of their way to help us when we needed it
- Good value for money

CONS:
- The wi-fi singal was a bit poor and was only available in a specific spot near the door.
Other than that no complaints at all!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Katerinask,

Thank you for your nice review and grade us higher than possible, this is very rewarding for the entire team to be recognized and rest assure that it will passed to all associates.

Our team dedication to the "Yes I Can " Vision is highly valued and this is what we are driving to.. Once again Thank you.

We do hope to see you and your family soon, in the mean time we wish you a happy and successful year 2013 !

Should you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

General manager
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

They missed the mark even before I arrived. I booked a refundable and higher rate as I wasn't sure if I was definitely coming to Bangkok. Lo and behold, they still charged the ENTIRE 3 night stay way at my time of booking anyway. I called them and they said it was probably a computer error. Instead of apologizing or giving a peace offering, she asked if I wanted to cancel my reservation!? So instead of not solving my problem, they wanted to create another problem for me by giving away the room I booked. Obviously thanks to tripadvisor's ranking ( which is too high in my opinion), they have no shortage of bookings

When I checked in, I again raised the problem to the duty manager and shockingly they didn't understand the problem again and said I can now only check out after the 1st night. Since it was the day before new year's eve and all, and I reckon the 100 other better hotels are booked solid, I patiently repeated my problem in simpler English. He finally understood and offered free breakfast and a late checkout. I would have preferred an upgrade, but whatever

The room was what I expected from the pictures, and had the basic flat screen tv and shower stall which I need. However, there's a stale smell like some previous guests were airing their socks. The shower can do without the space taking bench also. There is a terrible ledge between the toilet and room and I'm sure many have tripped over this design flaw, 1 of many in the hotel. They also don't provide toothbrushes like many other Asian hotels so bring your own. But at least you can buy one from the many 7-11's in the city, or the terminal 21 mall next door that mainly has local wares. The asok train station is next door, but I mainly take the taxis anyway. And oh, they only started to clean my room at 3 or 4 in the afternoon instead of the usual mornings so you'll need to call them if you need it before that

All the doormen have almost 0 understanding of English so forget about asking them about directions unless you are going to a major spot or road like salaedang or Siam paragon. Check with the front desk instead. The doormen WILL point you in the wrong direction

The rooftop gym and pool were also a joke. The gym is the size of the hotel room and the lone treadmill was broken after the first day. The pool had a design flaw where the surrounding gravel gets into it constantly , making the pool a sandy swim. I advise you to just soak and not put your face in the water

Oh and the breakfast. As expected from this hotel , it was bad. The cooked items didn't look appetitising so I only had eggs all 3 days. On the first day , they even managed to screw up the Thai soup noodles by having foul tasting meat balls. This is a first for me in my 50 trip to Bangkok

They do have decent wifi all over the hotel so I'll give them that

Is this hotel better than a rat infested hostel? Yes. Is this a top 20 hotel in Bangkok? Absolutely not

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located at a very good location Ashok bts is located not very near but ya a good 5-7 min walk from the hotel, staff is very friendly and courteous and always ready to help you for all your needs so a big thumbs up to that, only thing which was disappointing about the hotel was the breakfast which had decent spread but the menu was the same for all the days we stayed here for 3nights and all the days we got exactly the same menu and also not much choice for the Indian traveller as only 1-2 veg options available that also same for all the days, if hotel improves on the breakfast would definitely come over here back again overall a good experience with small though nice modern and clean rooms and ya the pool was nice on the top floor, there are couple of good restaurants and massage parlours (reasonable and good after all the shopping and walking in Bangkok a must do at the end of the day) near the hotel which has good food and especially for indian travellers as there are 2 Indian restaurants just 2 mins walk from the hotel,I would recommend to go to pakwan Indian restaurant which is on the main road which has very good Indian food and also the staff of the hotel are very inviting and courteous they also offered to make us mix and match vegetables of our choice apart from the menu, very friendly atmosphere and excellent food for good value for money according to bangkok standards especially liked their black Dal which tasted very good.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear chiragdoshi,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok ! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and will be back soon.

We have noted your information regarding the breakfast and apologized should the staff omit to inform you that we have vegetarian dish prepare a la minute upon request to the chef. We are trying our best to cater to all nationalities and habits which might be challenging at some point of time however we have well noted your request and do hope that you will give us a chance to show you and your family our improvement on your next visit to Bangkok !

We wish you a prosperous and successful year 2013 !

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at the Park Plaza twice on December 2012. We will definitely come back again. It starts with the greeting of the gate person opening the door, the refreshing drink offered when you first arrive, the friendliness of the lobby staff and their willingness to assist in any query we had. The room was clean and nice. The bed was huge. The restaurant had very nice food. The only flaw I can think of is the fact that we heard the cars sound from the street, though it did not harm the quality of our sleep. The location was great as it took us 5 minutes to get to the Skytrain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room oppsite of the street