“Decent food, good music.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Senor Pico Restaurant

Senor Pico Restaurant
19 Sukhumvit Soi 18, Sukhumvit Road, Klong Toei, | On the 1st floor at The Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok, Bangkok Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Bang Rak)
+66 2 261 7100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 7,810 restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bang Rak
Description: Senor Pico provides diners with an authentic Mexican experience in the heart of Bangkok. Our Mexican food is prepared by chefs from Mexico, and our ingredients are imported to provide our diners with only the highest quality dishes.We also have a band from Northern Mexico that plays every night except Mondays. Come and experience Senor Pico today!
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Decent food, good music.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Born and raised in Southern California, so I tend to have be spoiled in terms of choices for Mexican food, especially since I cross to Guadalajara once a month. I went with 3 of our friends to try out the "new" Senior Pico. The food was pretty good and well presented. My friend and I shared a good size Nachos, while the other two split a chicken quesadilla and a steak burrito. Yes very, socal mex fare. I enjoyed that they nachos had a good layering of toppings, not just all piled on top with nothing for the middle and bottom chips. Good amount of pork and had jalepenos, which is a plus for me. The quesadilla was decent, which good spicing so that is wasn't just cheese and meat. Unfortuanately, I never got to trying the burrito since I was full. We washed down the meal with Coronas. As for the setting, I enjoyed the music and the band was good. However, seems to drive the people away from the tables in the center to the booths instead. Not sure why, but even we opted for the booth.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
SenorPico, Manager at Senor Pico Restaurant, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Charlie P,

Always good to get the opinion of somebody who is close to the source!
As you have seen we try to get the food as authentic as possible, evident by the fact we employ Mexican chefs and musicians. Chef Fernando just introduced a new menu 2 weeks ago with some great new dishes, my favorite 'Salmone a la Naranja', a grilled salmon fillet with a orange and jalapeno salsa. We'll keep on doing our best and hope to see you again soon.
Hasta pronto amigo!

84% Recommend
  • Thai first
Bangkok
“Quality food. Great beer. Live music. Nice ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The quest for quality Mexican food, friendly and attentive service, live music and IPA beers all in one location has ended for me at Senor Pico. There is not an abundance of Mexican food options in BKK, so finding great food with quality beers has been a success. The food portions are just right (and I am a big fella) and the taste is spot on without sacrificing the authenticity of the meals. I made it there twice in one week and have a feeling I’ll be coming back for more. The band played a variety of classics as well as a good coverage of latin songs. All in all, two thumbs up.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear MartasBKK,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
I'm happy to read you appreciate our range of IPA beers,
Some very interesting beers are coming from the States nowadays,
We even carry Chipotle Beer, another good one is the Yellow Snow IPA.

The team at Senor Pico will keep on getting everybody Pico'd!
See you soon amigo!

Senor Pico
“I dont get the new senor pico”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I have to start by saying that i visited this restaurant last week, music was terribly loud, girls where wearing shorts like they were at home, and the band sounded more like karaoke to me. The chef was always outside seating down in the restaurant.... So the problem im having is: it is a restaurant? Where people have to pay expensive prices for the food, which is not being cooked byt he "award winner chef", or is a club where you listen to loud karaoke music and are suppoused to dance? Is it a tequila bar? Or a place were you can enjoy quality drinks without a huge mark up... Definetly is not a family place...

Visited May 2013
SenorPico, Manager at Senor Pico Restaurant, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Lolobkk F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at Senor Pico, especially since it seems to be the only restaurant you have taken the time to review!

I'm sorry to read that you don't get it, and I'll try to elaborate a bit.
In every kitchen it is very important to be prepared for the peak time. Ingredients are prepared during the day to be used in the evening, a team of 3 Mexican chefs and 3 Thai chefs take care of this.
Our, as you know, award winning chef always works in this team and he does all quality control. We, however, encourage chef Fernando to go into the restaurant during service and talk to the customers to be able to get direct feedback and input.

Our Mexican band will play during dinner "Mariachi" style and slowly move up the tempo to create an atmosphere were you can dance and have a party, get Pico'd!
I hope to see you again and we can win you over like we did so many others,

“I "WAS" a regular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited senior pico many times in the past and 3 times in last 2 months. The place is losing its charm. Even though they still have the best long islands, they changed rules by giving half glass of long island if u ask for less or no ice! 220thb ++ doesnt mean half glass should be filled with ice. I might just try this place again in the future, just to give it 1 more try, which might be my last before I move on!

I still think the restaurant was better located in Soi 20 than inside the hotel.

• Visited April 2013
Dear Threefingered,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor,
We always assess all comments and strive to be constantly improving.
I'm happy to hear you like our Long Island Ice Tea! All cocktails on our extensive collection of drinks are measured to standard recipes to make sure everybody gets value for their money.
Leaving out the ice can make a drink look smaller.
I'm looking forward to see you again, and would love to read your opinion on the food as well!
Our dishes are prepared daily by three Mexican chefs, so I trust you have been enjoying our authentic Mexican cuisine, as you have no remarks about it!
Thank you again for taking the time to help us improve our product,

london
“Quality food + good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Visited the restaurant with 3 friends and was pleasantly surprised. We had a mixture of fatitas , nacho's and mixed platter of beef , marinated chicken , and shrimp. Plenty of dips including sour cream and guacamole. We had a table as far away from the band as possible BUT the music was too loud. I would be interested to hear what the manager's respose will be but if you wish to have a conversation it is very difficult even sitting towards the back of the restaurant as the music is just too loud.
Overall i would recommend this dinning experience but be prepared to say 'pardon' quite a few times.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
SenorPico, Manager at Senor Pico Restaurant, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear pauliLondon,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Senor Pico!
I'm happy to read that you appreciate the authentic Mexican food, and that you would recommend us.
In an effort to improve the authenticity of our Mexican restaurant, we also hired a Mexican band!
They are young, and vibrant, straight from Mexico City. They are very enthusiastic and eager to play, which is why in the beginning they were loud, an issue that is resolved now.
We are constantly improving and comments like yours help us a lot.
Thank you very much and hope to see you again soon,

Hasta pronto amigo,