A well located hotel with spacious rooms. We checked in on Feb 10 for 4 nights stay. Arrived at the hotel at 10:30pm, was checked in and escorted to our rooms. Unfortunately after having unpacked and ready for a shower and a good rest, realized that the drainage of the bath was clogged. Call for assistance and the hotel's duty engineer appeared with a plunger and started to clear the clog. After a few minutes, out came a huge cluster of hair from the drainage which was enough to put me off. Subsequently, I went downstairs to request for a change of room. The receptionist on duty at front desk was most obliging and immediately reassigned a new room. This experience with the bathtub together with the overall condition of the room has totally deterred me from wanting to return to the hotel. Housekeeping and maintenance standards of the property is poor and does not demand the price nor the rating that does. This is my fourth visit to bangkok and my worse experience with a hotel. Cleanliness and maintenance of this hotel needs to be addressed. Other areas for attention - buffet breakfast (does not meet the standards of what a 5 star hotel would command), lifts from hotel lobby to rooms are insufficient to meet demands. And when a crowd starts to build up at the lift landing there is no obvious assistance from any of the staff members to help guests queue in an orderly manner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated right at the heart of the city, Bangkok has a state of the art Convention Centre, fully integrated with a Five Star Hotel and world class shopping and entertainment facilities. The Bangkok Convention Centre and the Centara Grand together make a stunning landmark on the city skyline. Inspired by the shape of a blooming lotus and its symbolic theme of the four elements of life: water, earth, air and fire, Bangkok has a new icon. Connected to CentralWorld, Bangkok's world class shopping centre which incorporates hundreds of retail and dining outlets including leading brand names such as Isetan Department store and 15 movie theatres, the whole development constitutes a unique and unbeatable combination of meeting, business, accommodation, entertainment and shopping facilities all together in one place - CentralWorld. Situated in the heart of Bangkok's business district, delegates will also find many Tourist attractions within easy reach. Easy access to the BTS (Skytrain), which also links to the MRTS (Sub Way) network and convenient access by car and coach to Rajdamri Road and Rama 1 Road provide convenient connections to other areas in the city centre and the inbound and outbound expressway - and Suvarnabhumi Airport is just half an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Centara Grand at CentralWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand And Bangkok Convention Centre At Centralworld:
- Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre At Centralworld: Hotel Bangkok
- Centara Grand At Centralworld Bangkok