“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Phuket, Thailand
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My return to this gem of restaurant and mrs first visit! What a find. The fondues were out of this world. Mrs chose a great crisp white to break down the starch and proteins. Highly recommend asking Thomas to select the meal for you. Staff took care of 8 week old so we can dine, great team and great atmosphere

Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Swiss food but the service was a let down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The food and atmosphere were really great. We tried the fondue, the roesti and the raclette. The roesti was the best I've had outside Switzerland! The staff however could have done a better job. We went to the restaurant at 10pm after confirming that they would seat us as their last order was 10.30pm. From the outset the staff was unhappy with our presence and they just hurried through the service. My request for desert at the end of the meal was declined as the kitchen was closed. We were not even asked if we wanted to place a last order before it closed! I will probably return to Chesa for the food and I hope the service will be better next time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Very god food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food here is excellent and the atmosphere is decent. There's a nice little area outside where you can sit and have a drink before dinner.

Visited May 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“not only for home sich Swisspeople”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The quality of the food served is since years on a pretty high level. My Thai friends love to eat exotic. Therefore I invite them under other restaurant to Chesa. Most of them are returning there without me as they love the food and atmosphere. Particularly the brunch on Sunday is a giveaway. Perfect food at discretion, well understood served to the table.
Apart of some very traditional Swiss dishes try "Capuns". Very often better then in the Swiss "Bündner" alps.
The servants are exclusively Thai which makes it even more easy to explain to locals some rather unknown dishes.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong
“Favorite restaurant in BKK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We go to BKK frequently and no trip is complete without a visit to Chesa. I'm surprised this place doesn't get more press but its truly excellent - it was recommended by a Swiss friend who said this was his favorite in BKK and is super authentic. Recommended dish - rosti potato with bacon and raclette cheese on top - it just might be my favorite dish EVER. Choking your arteries have never tasted so good! The fondues and cordon bleu are also excellent. I also note that there is a Sunday all you can eat brunch, but wife won't let me go. If anyone has tried it, please write a review!