“Great ambience, food was okay but expensive, service was lacking.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Deck

The Deck
36-38 Soi Pratoo Nok Yoong, Maharat Road, Rattanakosin Island, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
02-221-9158
Improve this listing
Ranked #510 of 8,044 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Café, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great ambience, food was okay but expensive, service was lacking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I think for where the restaurant is situated, this place has a very high potential. It's located down a small alleyway with a nice local touch...the view of Wat Arun is stunning seeing how close you are to it. I love the isolation and quiet atmosphere by the river.

I really want to give this place 5 stars because they have a lot of potential but I think that the service was not very good. I occasionally had to ask for things twice, attitude of the staff not friendly (one was good) and when plates were changed, it was done very unprofessionally (getting food all over the table, tableware still soaked with curry/soup and placed directly on table). I am not sure on the rating this restaurant but for the 4-5 star price you pay here the food was not on par.

My advice to the restaurant is please invest either making your food to higher quality/creativity and push that little extra mile for customer service or simply just lower the prices.

My dining experience was nice here however so I'll give it an overall 4.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
“Great food and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had such a good dinner in front of wat arun. I would reccomend to book a table with good views before you go.

Waiters are so kind and the food was great. Try the banana dessert!

Bangkok, Thailand
“Spectacular view of Wat Arun - from the bar or your table!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

BEFORE SUNSET - Arrive by river taxi, walk past Wat Po - enter a small alley back down to the River and either go up to the bar or to your ( pre booked) table.
The Thai food is good/unpretentious - but you are there for the river side ambience - and the fabulous view of the Temple of the Dawn. It is a bit touristy, but its small and cosy ....
Also you can stay in the boutique hotel for c 5000Baht /night with a temple view

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Coffee and Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Iced Thai Coffee is amazing.... I had one cup and wanted another one... but was told it was sold out.... unbelievable!! The food was great. I had a craving but local Thai food that was not on the menu, but the Chef was happy to cook for me. Awesome!

Visited August 2014
“Good view, but service not good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The view here was really nice but the service was really bad. We had to wait for a table which was fine, we went upstairs for a drink. But when we ordered, the food came before our drinks and we had to ask to have them. Even after that they were unsure how many dishes we had ordered. The food was not great either. I had prawn noodles but it included one prawn and just lots of noodles with no real taste. I would go for a drink, but go somewhere else for food!

• Visited July 2014