“Poor Service Standards But Good Coffee” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,147 of 7,182 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Coffee Shop, International, Dessert
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1997, Kuppa offers guests a wholesome, home-style dining experience. Join us for brunch through to late-night dessert and try our home-roasted specialty coffee.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Poor Service Standards But Good Coffee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Cakes were average. Coffee was excellent. We had the French press single origin coffees (try the Papau New Guinea beans!). Ambiance was relaxing and conducive to long conversations as long as you got a good table near the window.

The service however, was extremely bad. We ordered a few cakes and they were not brought to us. Had to remind the waiters THREE times before they decided to bring them over. It's puzzling because the first waiter who took our order clearly wrote down everything.

Location is somewhat near Asoke BTS but it's probably a walk of 15 to 20 minutes or so. Not too easy under a hot sun. Would advise on a taxi if people in your group cannot walk far.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Had high hopes, I was badly disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant looks fantastic and the staff are very professional, but the food is a major let down. Ordered the breakfast with sausage and scrambled eggs. The eggs where fine, but to serve up hot dog sausages at a premium restaurant that charges premium restaurant prices is a joke. The look of shock on my face when they came out said it all.
Coffee is very good, similar to Doi Chang coffee in how smooth it is.
All in all I am quite disappointed as this restaurant is good, but to be let down by something so basic says a lot. I won't be back, which is a shame as I like so many other things about the place

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“good! great place to sit and relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went to Kuppa three times during my six day stay in Bangkok and I enjoyed the experience.
The first time I had the Argentinian snow fish which I loved. The lemon curd cheesecake was fantastic, and another time I tried the Oreo cheesecake which was also very good. I could eat that cheesecake every day.
The coffee was good but not as good as I expected from its reputation.
Another time I tried the soft shell sea crab dish which was fantastic, as was the the Thai pork with sticky rice (I can't remember what it was called). The taste was delicious and the pork nice and moist.
The service was ok overall. There was one waiter who was absolutely brilliant and one of the managers (?) appeared to keep an eye on things going on and stepped in when I couldn't catch the attention of the waitstaff.
The ambiance and design of the room are fantastic. I was happy sitting there sipping on my coffee and reading my book. It's a great place if you are travelling by yourself or just want to get out of the office for a bit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sunday morning discovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Having just arrived in Bangkok 2 days ago from England, my partner was craving for a Sunday brunch. He found this place and I must say we really enjoyed it very much. The place was nice and cozy and our waiter was very attentive. Our food was a good portion and we found it to be really good - so good work to my mate, love ya!!!!

Hua Hin, Thailand
“Location, style and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Moments from the madness at Sukhumvit Asoke and Soi Cowboy, Kuppa is an island of peace. Comfortable Thai decor, perfect for long lazy meals where conversation and good vibes are most important. The drinks are great, - try the Mojito - or coffees. This is not the place for a gourmet food experience, but the food is fresh and good, and the waiters' good nature and smiles priceless.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere