“" A Home away from home "” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Sukhumvit

You added Fraser Suites Sukhumvit to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 / 8 Sukhumvit Soi 11 | Khlongtoey Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #109 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 438 Reviews
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“" A Home away from home "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit will want us to come there again !!! Its definitely a home in a far of land from your own land. I have stayed in various hotels in Bangkok in my earlier trips, but certainly Fraser Suites Sukhumvit tops my list when it comes to booking a hotel again next time. I liked almost evrything about the hotel. The rooms are spacious, sunny, airy and clean. I liked the kitchen most since in hotels we hardly get all the amenities in kitchen and here they had provided with almost everything we would have required during our stay. Housekeeping good. The front desk and the security very friendly and helpful. Gym may not be too big but was fine with all the necessary equipments. Centrally located, making it a very sought after locality, be it for the night party goers or the shopping maniacs. Variety of options in breakfast (being a vegetarian it becomes very difficult to get good vegetarian food in breakfast, in fact in some places i was left with no other choice than non-vegetarian food !! ). Only thing i felt negative here was the swimming pool location. Pool should have been away from breakfast buffet area so that the people having breakfast outside are not disturbed by the splashing water from the pool and the niose of the kids playing over there. Moreover some people may not be comfortable to swim when there are lot many onlookers sitting just in front of them.

Room Tip: 1. Rooms in higher floors are quieter to sleep at night. 2. Corner suites in higher floor are best...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear PDL31,

We are happy you gave us a chance during your trip to Bangkok and thank you for posting your detailed review on Tripadvisor. The staff appreciated your feedback that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities & services met your expectations. At Frasers we do our best to serve our guests so they feel more comfortable and relaxed during their stay. Your words of thanks really help motivate our team members and help them to continue to improve.

Derrick Gooch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Positives: Room fairly spacious, very quiet (and was only on 8th floor) and dark (blackout curtains keep early light out fully).

Concierge, security, front-desk staff very friendly. Gym, small but has enough equipment to train. Location, perfect, central to everything.

Negatives - Many:

1. Housekeeping do not respect dnd sign - telephoned to take it off so they could deliver laundry.

2. Cigarette burn in sofa in lounge; coffee table and bedroom table chipped so badly looked like someone had thrown darts at them.

3. Light-coloured rug under coffee table filthy and needs cleaning.

4. Swimming pool small, not many sunbeds and sun only appears certain times of day.

5. Swimming pool next to breakfast buffet and pool should be closed until 9am so people sitting outside having breakfast are not showered with water from screaming children.

6. Breakfast buffet needs more 'quality' Western food - beans, potatoes, salad is dog-eared and seems to have come from the restaurant's leftovers the day before.

7. Even though paid in full, upon arrival, first request is for a 3,000 BHT deposit; should not do this when hotel has card details and someone has fully paid for 6 nights already.

8. Upon checkout, asked if used mini-bar (answer no), then wait 10 minutes whilst they send someone to check if you have used the mini-bar - very mistrusting and time-consuming (maybe a sign of the times that people say 'no' and check-out only for hotel to find they have lied - but should not cloak everyone with the same generalisation - again, they have c redit card details and can recover anything missed.

9. No slippers in room and because of dirty rug ...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear AdrianShanghai,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. I was happy to read that you commented and appreciated our concierge, security and front desk team. However, the negatives you mentioned were brought up to the team and will be resolved in the best possible way. I really appreciate your feedback because it helps give us a chance to improve upon our product and services which we hold ourselves to the highest level possible.

We hope you will give us another try in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

While this hotel is a little pricey compared to the low end options in Bangkok, its a great value for someone looking to "splurge" a little. The hotel actually compares very favorably, in my view, with much more expensive options. The rooms are great: large with great views and luxorious modern vibe. The staff was friendly and competent. The location is good, although a bit off of Sukhumvit Road (about a 5-10 min walk). Overall, I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear LeoK,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. Thank you for giving us a try during your latest trip to Bangkok. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our rooms, staff and location.

Thank you for your comments, which always help us to improve upon our services. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Fraser Suites Sukhumvit is one of those hotels that leaves you wanting more.

On arrival, I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman with a big smile that said "welcome home sir". Without seeing my room, I was made to feel at home immediately.

Check in was smooth and professional.

I opted for the one bed suite. The room was a great size and complete with all the comforts from home. Admittedly there were some minor issues on the first night, but what impressed me, was how the hotel handled it. My comments were taken seriously, and action was taken immediately by management to resolve small issues before they became big ones.

Staff are friendly, efficient and always smiling! I would say the only negative I had, is I think the tuk tuk service should be 24 hours. Very pleased overall, and highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay somewhere that feels like a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear JayS,

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The rooms are nice and quiet with plenty of amenities. The morning breakfast buffet is nothing to get excited about but am used to this type of "breakfast included" room. The bed was comfortable and we slept like babies. Checkout took forever as it seemed that the staff was not adequately prepared to get us all processed in a timely manner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear KhunDaniel,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. Thank you for giving us a try during your latest trip to Bangkok. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our location, room amenities and comfortable bed. We did take note on the breakfast which we are changing the layout and offerings in the next 3 months. Also, communicated your feedback on the checkout, which seemed to take a long time.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My experience of Fraser in Seoul was a roomy, well-appointed and pleasantly decorated apartment and the Bangkok version was similar, if not better.

The young woman at check-in was a beaming delight - even giving a cute mini fist-pump when advising me of an upgrade. I was very happy too on viewing the room. The one bedroom must have been around 80 square metres and situated on the corner of the hotel gave terrific views over Bangkok. Set up for long stays there's loads of storage, kitchen amenities, washing machine etc...

Everything was very clean and in working order, I just needed some help getting my ipod to work with the sound system.

One of the best things about the hotel is undoubtably the pool. It gets plenty of sun and during week days wasn't busy at all. On the Saturday there was a few boys inexplicably throwing stones into the water but it was still quiet enough to do some laps.

Another major plus is Above Eleven the restaurant/ bar on the roof. One of my favorite venues in Bangkok, this is a must visit.

Aside from Above Eleven and the excellent Oscars - a nearby bar with great music and drinks - I would definitely prefer eating and drinking in Thong Lor. Many obviously like the area though, being right slap bang in the tourist-centric entertainment precinct.

Given the location, there was a bit of noise on the weekend - the nearby Nest (?) DJ getting on the mic exhorting his crowd to party. However, even though I was at the front of the property, I can't say this was an issue for me at all.

My experience of the staff at check-in continued through the stay and they seemed a very nice, friendly bunch. I enjoyed my time at Fraser and certainly it would be at the top of my list if I was going to stay in that part of Bangkok again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear GreyMarl,

Liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am a regualr business traveller to Thailand and elsewhere throughout the world and for the last five years of visiting Bangkok I have tried many serviced Apartments. This was my first stay at the Fraser Suites as I couldn't get into my preferred Apartments (Adelphi Suites on Soi 8) due to them being full.

I must state at this point that I have stayed at the Fraser Suites in Dubai (average) and Bahrain (very nice) and based on my Bahrain stay at this chain I had high hopes.

There Apartments are a generous size.and are reasonably maintained (I did keep seeing one or two ants .... infact one of the little buggers just rand behind my laptop). My issue is that given the price they are simply nothing special and the location not as good as the Adelphi suites for access to Sukhumvit Road skytrain, pubs, bars and restaurants.

I requested a high floor (24) so no external noise could be heard. The Aircon is noisy in comparison to some places but not that bad at all.

I've just requested a late checkout (a 4 hour extension) and was advised that I needed to pay a further half day room rent. That's the first time ever in BKK. Not impressed as they aren't full.

My recommendation is to go for the Adelphi Suites (Soi 8) and if they aren't available then the Sharma Apartments (Soi 2) or the Aspen Suites (Soi 2).

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to avoid noise from Q Bar. If Aircon too noisy in bedroom turn on high in liv...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear GMJ1,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. Thank you for giving us a try during your latest trip to Bangkok.com. However, we are sorry we did not live up to your expectation. The location is in the heart of Bangkok but it does offer a large variety of restaurants and shopping.

We do our best to give late check outs but during your stay we were in the 90% range of occupancy eventhough you may have felt it was not busy at the time. However, we do manage to allow late checkouts depending upon the availability at that time on a case by base basis.

Derrick Gooch

Been to Fraser Suites Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!